Page 73 of 117 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1744
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

I guess "trippy" is the word I would use.

First of all I love the way the entire episode was set up by Peggy having a fight with her boyfriend and him saying "have a shitty day' It was like actually hearing DUNH DUHN DUUUUHHNNNNNN.

I have to watch the episode again, but what I saw were a few parallels to people acting like the old Don. Peggy - acting like the strong carreer girl - skipping out to go to the movies, smoke pot and have a little fling. (Don in season one)

Roger - on LSD - hmm not sure what the don thing was there - I need to watch again.

Then Megan taking off on Don - just like he did to Betty and the kids (without a freaking care in the world...the really pissed me off) but when he found out she was safe he was all over her like he COULD NOT live without her. I'm starting to like Megan more and more she does NOT put up with his crap.

And whoever said that Don and Megan running around the apartment was creepy - it really was. I get that there is a little streak of "power play - sex game" thing in their relationship - but I just was confused by that scene.

Roger on LSD is pretty damn funny (never tried it so I cannot relate - but it made me laugh)

I love when Mad Men does the views of people laying on the floor from an overhead perspective - they are always so visually interesting.

Thank God Roger and Jane are done.

Don and Megan running through the apartment. Not sure why some feel that's creepy. I'm sure things like that have happened more than once in real life. Guess I didn't see the creepiness factor.

Does the new guy really think he's a martian or was he pulling Peggy's leg?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It was creepy because Don is a big strong man and he was ANGRY. Megan was genuinely frightened and that's not good. A scared wife is a controlled wife.

I liked that she finally blew up in his face at HoJo, but then she softened because he appealed to her compassion. It was just another form of control through emotional manipulation. At work, she acted like nothing had happened which means he has her implicit permission to act like that again. He just keeps pushing her boundaries and she keeps falling back, futile protests aside.

Roger is officially the most likeable character on the show. He was so mellow and accepting and wise on acid that you just know that's who he truly is deep down.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

the LSD part of the show just cracked me up. When Roger was smoking the cigarette i laughed so hard.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'm tiring of Megan and Don's marriage. It's making Don boring and I think Bert Cooper was right. I like Megan, but I hate how boring this has made things. We need more Joan and Betty.
    *DIVA! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I'm tiring of Megan and Don's marriage. It's making Don boring and I think Bert Cooper was right. I like Megan, but I hate how boring this has made things.
    But I think that's part of Don's journey this season. Everyone else is doing what Don used to. Or they are idolizing what they think Don is now, or wishing they have what Don has - when really Don is currently not what everyone wants him to be. (LOL does that make any sense???)

I think that by the end of the season we are going to come full circle with something - maybe his relationship with Betty - maybe he'll return to his philandering ways - HOPEFULLY return to his work as Bert said.

Peggy is turning into Don. There she is, smoking pot in the theater and giving some random guy a hand job. Notice the next scene with her, she is washing her hands.

I about died laughing when Meghan was eating that orange sherbet, shoving giant spoonfuls in her mouth. I think Don realized that he needs her more than she needs him. She managed to find her way home just fine without him. That was a low blow when she asked him, "Why don't you call your mom?"

That Ginsberg guy weirds me out. Is that really his dad or was he adopted out of the concentration camp? I think there is going to be a lot more to his story.

Jane and Roger are dunzo. Jane annoys the shit out of me anyway. I hope they don't have Roger running back to Joan right away. We need something to look forward to in the future.

Here are some shots from last night's episode:

Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post

^^I wonder how many takes they had to do for that scene. I would be laughing my ass off.

Okay, it is late and I can't sleep. Check out this picture of John Slattery from way back when. He was hot!

Robert Morse (Bert Cooper)

I couldn't find any pictures of a young Jared Harris (Lane Pryce)
    Last edited by angelais; April 24th, 2012 at 01:36 AM.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

OK, this episode was one of my favorites so far this season! The whole Megan/Don fight was great. I loved that she didn't wait around on his ass, as she clearly will not put up with his crap. Like someone said earlier, it's as if Don needs her more than she needs him. It's clearly affecting his job, as Bert said, "You've been on love-leave."

And Peggy! Really, woman? Servicing a random guy in a movie theater? Wow. She's going to end up being some "free love Bohemian hippie" before too long. She'll get burned out by "the man" and go live in a commune somewhere outside San Francisco. LOL!
    eboni likes this.

Another good ep. Loved that they concentrated on three characters. Very trippy ep. Loved the vibe to it. That hotel/diner that Don & Megan stayed at - all that orange.

I don't see their marriage lasting to be honest. How creepy was it that they acted the next day as if nothing had happened? I felt sure that Don would really hurt Megan. His temper is scary. He needs help.

Peggy is so isolated at work even in her social life. Its all work for her and nothing else and she certainly is getting any satisfaction at work. She is becoming Don drinking at work, falling asleep on a couch.

As for Roger loved him on LSD but i'm surprised he wants a divorce. I thought that him and his new wife were happy? Oh well...

Cannot wait for next week.
    eboni likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Did anyone see the walk-through by an actress in a pink suit and pillbox hat when Don and Megan were at HoJo? Someone on another board pointed out this was the SECOND time this season a woman in this suit has been seen. It got me wondering if it was foreshadowing something, then it hit me that New York attorney Mark Lane published the very first JFK 'conspiracy' book Rush to Judgement in 1966, the very year of the current season. Since MM did such a wonderful job with the assassination itself I can't help but think RtJ will cause a sensation or at least spark some interesting conversations on MM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

A Conversation With John Slattery

The Mad Men actor talks about Roger Sterling's long, strange trip

John Slattery interview: Mad Men's Roger Sterling and his acid trip. - Slate Magazine

Did you know that Howard Johnson hotels still exist? Well they do -- and not just on Mad Men. In addition to existing, Howard Johnson apparently has a great sense of humor: For a limited time, any visitor legally named Don Draper gets one night free at a Howard Johnson hotel.
    Seriously.

We've all been there. You plan a weekend away only to check-in to your hotel and find that a much desired amenity -- the hotel pool -- is closed. It's enough to make a man mad. But, it shouldn't have to. So, to the Don Drapers of the world, the Howard Johnson hotel brand would like to say this: We're sorry and your next stay is on us.

This is a real. Check it out for yourself here.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/mad-...rap-45220.aspx

OK ya'll, let's dish about last night's episode!

First off: best line EVARRR was what Megan's dad said to Don about Sally growing up:

"One day she'll spread her legs and fly"!

Megan corrects him and says "Wings, Papa!"

And I KNEW something was going to go down (no pun intended) between Megan's mom and Roger and I had a feeling Sally was going to walk in on it.

That little Megan is just proving to be a little marketing genius, isn't she? I forsee her surpassing Don in her marketing intellect and then tension will ensue.

Loved the scene where Peggy was telling her mom she was moving in with her boyfriend and her mom says: "That boy will just use you for practice!"
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; April 30th, 2012 at 08:44 AM.

Wasn't super fond of last nights episode....

BUT, we now know why Megan is a wackadoo! Makes total sense!

I didn't see every single minute of it, and actually missed the Roger/Megan's Mom thing, but saw Sally close a door and go sit back at the table looking like she was going to vomit. I was able to put two and two together....

Thread Information