Page 7 of 117 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Yes, Roger went over and stroked her neck so I thought she must be the one he's having an affair with. We saw a hint a couple eps ago that something might spark up between them but nothing of the affair was ever shown. But it doesn't compute that Don would want her off his desk for that reason. Did Roger tell her what he and Don talked about and she went blabbing to Mona? I still don't get it.

I think Don was ticked at Roger and was getting back at him. In looking back at the scene in the bar the night before Roger was talking to himself and not Don about leaving the marriage.

At least that's what I took away from it.

Wanted to talk about last weeks ep...brilliant. Over the last three episodes Mad Men has definitely been on track.

I loved this ep. Betty finally got some balls and chucked Don out...brilliant. Though i have to say i have a feeling that she will take him back. I'm not sure Betty can cope on her own. BTW the last scene made me feel sorry for Don...sitting there all on his own; in a film studio at work. So sad.

Loved Peggy in this episode. You could tell that she was mad at those church ladies.

Finally - poor Joan. She finally got a taste of doing something different; only for her talents not to be recognised. You could tell that she was alittle pissed at not being given more scripts to read. You've got to feel sorry for her. She's obviously talented, but can only use her looks and sexuality in the office (to get what she wants).

I'm going to watch this weeks ep soon...

Hit By Ban Bus!

OK, I loved that Betty got her some lovin' and still sent Don packing when they got home. You go, girl! I feel sorry about her dad though-who is going to consider her a Princess after he is gone? Glenn had to be sent packing too and you could tell she was enjoying his adoration. Her problem with Don is mostly that he treats her nonchalantly.

The Freedom Rider storyline seemed forced and tacked on.

Sometimes Peggy acts like an unemotional robot. I don't know if it's in the script or if it's the actress' lack of talent. I can't decide yet.

It's so nice of John McCain to take time off the campaign schedule for a Mad Men cameo. Not that it took much acting...he was being senile, prone to burst of anger and wanting to replace his wife with a younger blonde.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I just caught last weeks episode and am very confused about that little boy Glenn. What is going on there??? I know he was on last season right? I am just unsure what he is doing there......and its kinda weirding me out.

Good for Betty though!

And damn Don is just so fine....

Betty babysat him once last season, and they immediately formed an inappropriate connection that involved him trying to spy on her in the bathroom and her finding a lock of his hair. His mother found out and understandably freaked out, but Betty still managed to unload her marital problems to him in a parking lot.

He's definitely got a sexual/quasi-Oedipal attraction to her, but in Betty's case, I think it's more about being able to better relate to him because she's so infatilised (or was, in season 1 at least).

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Betty is starved for attention and needs to be on that pedestal her daddy built for her. Don won't give her that so Glenn had to do, for a short while. At least she is growing up enough that she sent him away and made sure he wouldn't be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Betty babysat him once last season, and they immediately formed an inappropriate connection that involved him trying to spy on her in the bathroom and her finding a lock of his hair. His mother found out and understandably freaked out, but Betty still managed to unload her marital problems to him in a parking lot.

He's definitely got a sexual/quasi-Oedipal attraction to her, but in Betty's case, I think it's more about being able to better relate to him because she's so infatilised (or was, in season 1 at least).
    Thank you!! I saw the episode where Betty is sitting in her car in a parking lot and is talking to a little boy outside of the car telling him how sad she is....and I just thought it was a daydream or something like that. Starting to make sense now!
    And I liked how he said he was there to save her! And took her hand. I was like uh what?

And how freaky was it when Betty's Dad felt her up at the table??? WHOA!

^I just reread my post, I meant to say 'her giving him a lock of her hair'. No more posting when I'm half-asleep.

And yeah, her Dad grabbing her boob was all kinds of gross. You almost saw a crack in her fašade right then.

Missed tonights episode AGAIN!! Goddamned Sunday Night Football!

If anyone watched and cares to comment, please do!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Sorry Lynnie, I missed it too.

Behind in my viewing but caught the episode where Betty went to see her dad. Looks like he's got Alzheimer's although back then they didn't know what to call it. How difficult would it be to see your father in that state and then to try to cop a feel.

Peggy was right when she said to Pete "no one has it easy."

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ gawd i hate Pete!

^Could you imagine what he would do if he knew he had a child by Peggy especially since his wife can't conceive.

Page 7 of 117 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread Information