Page 66 of 117 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

OMG tonight!!! Can't wait to watch it when I get home from work tomorrow, I'mma be thinking about all the time at work LOL

Regarding Joan getting raped as the article mentions, I'm still in shock about it.

Ok, I'm going to need thoughts as soon as you can give them. We are 40 minutes into the 2 hr season premiere.....

Maybe its just me, but it has a different 'feel' to it....cannot explain. Not saying I don't like it, I do! Just different.

I thought it was me.. it is definitely different. I'm trying to figure out if o like it or not!!

Pete saw her with that stroller and almost shit his pants!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I thought it was a pretty good episode

yeah a little different but good
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I think it has a different feel because first of all, we haven't seen it in almost two years and they skipped forward about a year in the story line.

Best line of the episode:

Roger: "Why don't you sing like that?"
    Jane: "Why don't you look like him?"

Meghan and Don will not last. He just wanted somehot piece who wasn't a cold bitch like Betty but Meghan is going to turn into some neurotic basket case, I can just tell.
    Speaking of Betty, it seems we will see her in the next episode. Maybe in the year that went by Henry got smart and kicked her ass to the curb.
    Btw, the actor who plays Harry seems to have lost weight, and I swear Pete's face looks chubbier.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

^^I thought Harry looked slimmer and Pete heavier too!

I watched the first 15 minutes again last night (since it aired again immediately) after it ended and caught Megan telling Peggy that she gives the best parties and that everyone will want to go home and have sex. And everyone did, except Don..
    I thought she might jump off the balacony for a brief moment....and then was surprised to see her acting so weird around Joan's baby, when she seemed so great with Don's kids last season. Maybe that's nothing though.

And Roger had the best lines as usual.....I laughed hysterically when he was getting ready to go to Staten Island at 5 am and he told Jane to shut up.

Some good stuff in the episode, but definitely a different feel overall. As always, looking forward to next week!

Cool

OK, I no longer have cable and will not get to watch it! Don't ya'll feel sorry for me?! LOL.

So, what happened?! They jumped forward a year...so they are in what...1965 now? Meghan had a baby? Did Joan have her baby? Is it Roger's or her a-hole husband's?

I know I can probably watch it on AMC.com. I wonder if it'll show the entire episode.

In the meantime, ya'll fill me in!!

^^Joan had a baby---its Rogers. Her husband is in Vietnam, so her Mom is staying with her for a few weeks. The Mom is pretty funny because she is clearly a boozer who was trying to seduce a young Latin plummer.

Megan & Don are married--they don't have any kids together. Megan is now doing the same job as Peggy, so she & Don go to work everyday together, which just seemed freaking ODD. I am getting the impression she is using Don to further her career, but then at the end of the episode, I realized she is just a fucking mess (though a different mess than Betty).

I think it's 1966, but I could be wrong.

And yes, I do feel for you Blue!

I was guessing 1965. Didn't we end on Kennedy's assassination, and it's now June, which would make it 18 months later, but that timeline doesn't work if Joan was 7 weeks preggars and now the baby is what 6-8 weeks old? *shrugs*

Is there a different actress playing Jane?

I think Megan uses sex to keep Don under control. Which may work...for a while.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    ^^Joan had a baby---its Rogers. Her husband is in Vietnam, so her Mom is staying with her for a few weeks. The Mom is pretty funny because she is clearly a boozer who was trying to seduce a young Latin plummer.

Megan & Don are married--they don't have any kids together. Megan is now doing the same job as Peggy, so she & Don go to work everyday together, which just seemed freaking ODD. I am getting the impression she is using Don to further her career, but then at the end of the episode, I realized she is just a fucking mess (though a different mess than Betty).

I think it's 1966, but I could be wrong.

And yes, I do feel for you Blue!
    Thanks!! So, Meghan is now a Jr. Copyright Editor? Seriously?! I bet Peggy is just thrilled about that. Here she (Peggy) is trying to break through that "glass ceiling" and Meghan comes in and sleeps her way into a promotion. How 1965! So obvious! Sleep with/marry the boss and get promoted. So, how is she a mess? Manipulative? When he hooked up with her, it all seemed to go "too smoothly"....like something's a-brewin' with her right under the surface. It'll be interesting to find out!

Thank ya'll for filling me in! Hopefully, I can watch the eppys on AMC.com.

its 1966 according to msnbc.

i was pretty meh about last nights epi. i hated that megan and don got married. i can't focus on anything except her teeth. lol. they made a big deal about don's apt and the balcony, so i am thinking (and hoping) that Megan will jump off the balcony.

Also in the beginning, Roger called the company 'Sterling Cooper' not Sterling Cooper Draper Price. I wonder what that meant.

i can only hope it will improve next week.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I get sooo distracted by Megan's teeth.

I don't know if she's so much a mess but I do think she's second-guessing this marriage and isn't handling it well. She got 3 stepkids and a man who doesn't appreciate her parties or sexy singing and doesn't have sex on demand. She got the job she wanted but no respect, either from her co-workers or her husband as a professional. (note to Megan, zoobie doobie doo didn't help) Her two big dream achievements are turning out to be not quite as fulfililng as she anticipated. She knows she'll never be anything at work but Don's sexpot wife, partly her fault, partly not. So she's this sexpot joke who can't even consistently seduce her own husband.
    card and Bluebonnet like this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I think it's Pete balding that makes his face looks chubbier. I haven't watched the episode yet, but saw some interview footage with the actor and his hairline is rapidly receding and making his head look bigger.

Last night was the first time I ever noticed any chemistry between Don and Joan. Not so much chemistry even, more like a little flirtation. Hmm.

Where's Betty? I miss her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I get sooo distracted by Megan's teeth.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's like she's wearing those Bubba teeth they sell at the gas station.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Thread Information