Page 62 of 117 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

HOORAY!!!!! Its progress!

Cable networks having the freedom to develop, greenlight and schedule projects on their own schedule is great, but sometimes it might be better to have the pressure of a looming May broadcast upfront presentation to get big deals done. Like locking in Matthew Weiner for AMC's Mad Men, which would pave the way for the cable network to officially greenlight a fifth season of the show. After months of negotiations over compensation (Weiner had been asking for a lot more than what he got under the a rich pact he inked with Mad Men producer Lionsgate TV and AMC 2 years ago), the sides are said to be finally (and slowly) nearing a deal. But with negotiations pushing into late March, Season 5 of Mad Men probably won't be able to launch in the summer as the show normally does. The period drama usually premieres in late July. Two years ago, when Weiner didn't close his deal until mid-January, the season premiere was pushed to August. It's safe to say that the delay will be even bigger this year. Idled by the unplanned hiatus, Mad Men star Christina Hendricks recently booked a movie, Seconds of Pleasure. As for Mad Men's Emmy chances, they won't be affected by the delay. The series' fourth season is up for nominations this year and it is certain that the upcoming Season 5 will also be eligible for Emmys next year.

AMC, Lionsgate Close To Deal With Matt Weiner For ‘Mad Men’ – Deadline.com

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

ugh, for godsakes man! get on with it!

i will never ever stop watching this show, no matter what, but I'm all sorts of raged that this hasn't been resolved.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hmmm, I wonder if this means AMC will air the next season of Breaking Bad first, then move Mad Men back into the time slot?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Here's another:

There’s some good news and bad news for Mad Men fans.

The good news is that series creator Matt Weiner and AMC inching closer to signing a new deal to ensure that Mad Men would see its fifth season. Negotiations have been going on for months.

Although a deal is ‘this close’ to being done, chances are Mad Men will not be returning in its usual summer timeslot when it returns. It is most likely that season five of Mad Men will be delayed.

So when will we see Don Draper and the gang again? As it looks now, it won’t be this summer. Depending on when the deal gets finalized, season five could be pushed to late 2011 or even 2012.
    TVDoneWright - 'Mad Men' Season Five Deal Close, but Premiere Date Delayed

Fuckers. Get the show on the road. No season five until 2012??? At least season four is released on dvd on the 29th of March. I'll have to watch it several times to get my Jon Hamm fix.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I'm gonna cut a bitch...

'Mad Men' creator asked to cut 6 total from cast, source says
    March 29, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
    By Tim Molloy
    TheWrap

"Mad Men" creator Matthew Weiner has been asked to cut six cast members from the AMC drama over the next three years -- not just two actors, as has been previously reported, a person familiar with the negotiations tells TheWrap.

The person also said Weiner was eager to get the show back on the air this year, and could do it if an agreement with AMC and production company Lionsgate comes soon.

Bing: Watch 'Mad Men' videos

AMC announced Tuesday that the show will be delayed until early 2012 because of ongoing negotiations between the network, Lionsgate, and Weiner. Weiner has refused AMC's demands that he trim each show by two minutes to make room for more ads, include more product placements, and eliminate six cast members -- two per season -- over its next three seasons, the person said.

(Deadline and The Daily, which first broke details of the negotiations, both said Weiner was asked to cut two actors from the cast.)

Under the network and Lionsgate's proposals, Weiner would receive $30 million over the next three years, making him the highest-paid show runner in basic cable. But Weiner isn't amenable to the other proposals.

"His artistic silence isn't for sale," the person told TheWrap.

AMC did not immediately reply to a request for comment on the number of cast members Weiner has been asked to cut.

The network said in a statement Tuesday that the show would return for its fifth season next year. "While we are getting a later start than in years past due to ongoing, key non-cast negotiations, 'Mad Men' will be back for a fifth season in early 2012," AMC said.

Also from TheWrap: AMC and the Triumph of the TV Auteur

The "non-cast" refers to Weiner.

"Mad Men," which has won three consecutive Emmys for best drama, has been AMC's flagship since its debut, and was the first show in AMC's highly successful return to scripted television in 2007. It provided a model for the later success of "Breaking Bad" and "The Walking Dead," the network's highest-rated series.

One reason "Mad Men" may not be able to return this year is that AMC may not have an open time slot: The network runs all of its shows on Sundays at 10 p.m., and already has "The Killing" (which debuts Sunday), "Breaking Bad," and "The Walking Dead" set to air this year.

In an interview with The New York Times on Tuesday, Weiner confirmed that AMC has asked him to cut his cast and slightly cut the length of each episode. Weiner told The Times that the cuts would make "Mad Men" a "different show."

"I don't understand why, with all of the success of the show, they suddenly need to change it," Mr. Weiner said.

Joel Stillerman, AMC's senior vice president of original programming, said in January that the show would definitely be back for a fifth season, but that he didn't know when.

The push until next year means viewers will be without it for a calendar year for the first time since its debut.

The length of AMC and Lionsgate's current negotiations with Weiner -- the parties also underwent length contract talks two years ago -- has made some fans start to worry about whether the show would return at all. AMC's announcement Tuesday was designed to assuage those fears.

More: January Jones predicts plot of 'Mad Men' Season 5

Weiner's two consecutive rounds of arduous contract talks reflect a downside, for AMC, of the power it allows its show runners. While the show runner-as-auteur model has led to such creative successes as "Breaking Bad," "The Walking Dead," "Mad Men" and the upcoming "The Killing" -- which debuts Sunday -- it also places Weiner in a stronger bargaining position.

As "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm said during the last round of negotiatons, "We can't do the show without Matthew. Of course, you 'can' do it, but you know you can't."

The show won the best drama Emmy for each of its first three years, and is eligible to extend the streak in its fourth season. Because the eligibility period runs from June 1 to May 31, it would also be eligible for its fifth season, so long as it airs, as planned, early next year.

'Mad Men' creator asked to cut 6 total from cast, source says - MSN TV News

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

ugh, really?!

Let's call the cast members.

Joan's hubby's killed in Vietnam,
    Betty's new hubby, whatshisface,
    Trudy,
    Jane, Roger's waste of space,
    Bert Cooper,
    And that secretary Don's marrying.

Problem solved. That was easy!
    Last edited by louiswinthorpe111; March 29th, 2011 at 09:29 PM.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^^Excellent! And faze em out over time like AMC is asking, won't be a problem.

2012???????? UGH

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so pissed!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Sounds to me like Weiner might be turning into a real prima donna. He's the one who's holding things up with all his demands.

Goose that laid the golden egg and all that.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I won't watch anything on AMC until Mad Men comes back. I don't give a shit whose fault it is.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    I won't watch anything on AMC until Mad Men comes back. I don't give a shit whose fault it is.
    I'm with ya!! Let's picket AMC until they show Mad Men. Hell, they could at least show re-runs!!

Best show on tv and this is happening. Unreal.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Thread Information