Page 53 of 117 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Awww, RIP Miss Blankenship. Loved her comment to Peggy about "sadists and masochists, and you know which one you are." And Roger's "she died like she lived, surrounded by people she answered phones for."

I don't see this relationship with Dr. Faye as a lasting one. Did anyone notice how Megan and Sally seemed to bond? Hmmm...

Joan pregnant? Well, they've certainly been leading up to it with her previous visit to the doctor and talk of starting a family. I wonder how long her husband's been gone? (Meaning, would there be any question in Joan's mind who the baby daddy is?) It's hard to tell how much time has elapsed between episodes.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I know Joan and her hubby got together one last time before he shipped out to basic. And I think this must take place right during basic, because they said he's going to Vietnam, and before he supposed to be coming back from basic (yeah, right.) Would be interesting for Joan to get knocked up by Roger then pass the child off as her (soon to be dead) husband's baby.

I kinda like Dr. Faye. She's the anti-Betty, intelligent, career focused, not interested in being a trophy wife. AND, she would drive Betty CRAZY because she's obviously a step up from Betty brains wise and not just some young Barbizon girl.

Poor Sally, doesn't want to live with her Mom. I wish she just would have spilled it instead of keeping it bottled up. And back then, fathers just didn't talk about feelings with their children.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

i don't like Faye. at all. A sick sick part of me would like to see Don and Betty get back together.

i absolutely loved Sally's hissy fit that she threw just before going downstairs to her mom.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Where the hell has Pete been??

And I would kind of like to see Don & Betty back together too for some odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Where the hell has Pete been??

And I would kind of like to see Don & Betty back together too for some odd reason.
    Oh, you know: dropping in to comment on the new vending machine of carry off Mrs Blankenship's corpse in the background. This probably means he'll have a bigger storyline later on.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

This scene was awesome

I don't like Faye either..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Whomever picked up on Joan and Roger being stripped of their wedding rings - nice call. I did not catch the symbolism there I was so focused on their reactions. Looking down, giving in, wondering if there was going to be any physical violence etc.

And poor Ida - I always think how slim Sally is looking this year, and Ida says "She looks so chubby in pictures!" Cracked me up! This was an episode full of laughs - who will provide the comic relief now that Ida is gone? (bows head for a moment)

Does someone recall who had a thing going with her? A friend thought that both Bert and Roger had something going with her. I thought it was just Bert???

I would love to think Joan and Roger would rekindle their relationship - but whenever I think A is going to happen, ZtimesY happens. Like I think we all believe that her husband is going to be killed in Vietnam - but then I think - wait this is Mad Men, they never go where we expect.

Bert Cooper had a rendevous with Ida, according to Roger's tape recorded memoirs.

Betty was an ultra cold bitch this episode - even if she was only in it for a couple of minutes. I don't even want her back with Don. I would like to see her beg Don to take her back and then Don could do the old "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" and end up with someone nice and get full custody of the kids. Just my thoughts.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Had to post this interview w/the actress that plays Sally. She is 10 yrs old. Please keep that in mind while reading this.

Kiernan Shipka, the 10-year-old actress who plays Sally Draper on Mad Men, talks about playing the daughter of divorced parents, what hobby she shares with the young actor who plays Glen, and cutting her hair short -- for real.

Q: Did you really cut your hair short this season?

A: I actually did cut my hair. I was a little nervous when I heard I had to chop it. Fortunately the hair department is quite amazing. They first put on extensions and cut those to make it look very bad and uneven. Then they cut those out and gave me the look that was the final cut.

Q: Betty says she always wanted to have long hair growing up. Which do you prefer, short hair or long hair?

A: I like both short and long. It's gonna be hard to decide if I want to keep it short or long because I really do like my short hair.

Q: Have you always had long hair?

A: I had long hair for a really long, long time, and then I cut it in a bob and then I let it grow out. So this was my second time cutting it short.

Q: Do you think you'd act like Sally if your mom was like Betty and your dad was like Don?

A: I think Sally's actually much better than I would be, given her situation. Sally is really, really reserved. Divorce can be terribly stressful and confusing. Add to that an emotionally unresponsive mother and a physically absent father, I think Sally's actions are pretty tame. If I was experiencing Sally's situation, I would be a complete terror of a kid.

Q: You're a full cast member this season. Were you excited when you found out about that?

A: I was thrilled. Nothing has been really, really different. I was always treated really well on the show. I just get that credit there.

Q: What's been your favorite scene to act out in all of Season 4?

A: Unfortunately I can't discuss it because it's in an upcoming episode.

Q: Any runner-ups?

A: I really liked the fall in Episode 9 -- the trip. It was my first time doing a really big stunt and I thought it was fun. I have done tae kwon do for a long, long time, and I'm a gymnast, so I wasn't too worried about the stunt. I had done some stunts before. I was more excited than worried.

Q: Marten Weiner seems to be the actor on set who's closest to your age. Do you ever hang out with him off-set? Do you guys ever talk about scripts together?

A: I've known Marten for a pretty long time, but this year I got to work with him directly, which was fun. We chatted between scenes and there's real cool things about him, but we don't really talk about scripts. Just more ordinary stuff....The schools he's going to, my school, golf. We both like to golf. I have played golf for a couple years.

Q: When Sally and Bobby are at their father's apartment, they seem to watch a lot of television. Do you ever watch Mad Men?

A: I am not allowed to watch Mad Men. My mom will pre-screen it and then she will show me the scenes that she feels are appropriate for me, but it's mostly all my scenes. I watch those.

Q: In Episode 9, Sally cooks French toast for her dad. Have you ever made breakfast for your family? What's your favorite thing to cook?

A: I love cooking. I don't really have a favorite dish to prepare for my family -- breakfast, lunch or dinner -- but I do like going up to the farmers market on the weekends and getting fresh produce and making something with all that. I'm also really addicted to the Food Network channel. I'm totally hooked on cooking shows. Barefoot Contessa and a lot of Alton Brown.

Q: What's your favorite breakfast?

A: I would have to say probably scrambled eggs. I like French toast, too. I really do.

Oh No They Didn't! - Mad Men's HBIC gets interviewed, remains a better actress than January Jones while doing so.

WOW

Good grief, she is 10 times more articulate than most of the adult celebs out there.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I'm not exactly surprised at her intelligence, she brings such depth to her performance.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

lol mini adult.
    she's a fantastic actress.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    I'm not exactly surprised at her intelligence, she brings such depth to her performance.
    Some of the posters at ONTD want her to be nominated for an Emmy....

If she keeps it up, she'll have one....sooner rather than later. Girl can act, and obviously isn't a dummy. Refreshing!

intelligence, sensitivity and talent. Cute too!

Thread Information