Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    ^^ Pete is totally fucked up. He needs som serious help. He's a child stuck in a mans body. What's even more scary is that sometimes he is so brilliant. I dont like Pete. How dare he open someone else's mail. L.O.S.E.R!!
    i dont like him either since the first episode but i kinda think thats how his character is supposed to be, like Ralphie on The Sopranos. the little pip-squeek wannabe. omg they're exactly alike!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cool girl View Post
    I was surprised at how he handled that comedians manager...OMG! I knew that he has some pent up anger etc...but grabbing her hair...yikes!
    I don't think he did it out of anger. I thought it was sexual, as in he owned her and she would do what he said. But I could be wrong. I might have to go re-watch that scene a few times just to make sure.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

ouch thats what he was doing!? i was afraid to ask

Im reading this book called "Keeping The House" by some author. I picked it up at Borders after reading the cover. All i could think was Betty, Betty Betty!!

I can't wait for her to start having an affair. That's when the show will get reallllly good. I wish they'd bring back the ac salesman. She should totally revenge fuck him and not the washer.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Hit By Ban Bus!

So was Betty being profoundly facetious at the end of last night's ep, or was that little tableu with the salt a metaphor for "married life is bland, get used to it."???

Just watched this weeks ep. But i want to comment first on last week's.

I didn't like last weeks ep at all. I feel that it was the weakest of this season so far and the most boring. Mainly because they focused too much on Betty. I want more scenes of her at the riding club. As i am not so interested in her arguments with Don.

Poor Peggy...she can't even acknowledge her own child and her sister resents her. That's probably why Anita told the priest about her son. You can tell Anita has serious problems with Peggy. It's no wonder Peggy always feel's so uncomfortable when she's over at her mothers place.

The highlight of this ep was Sally Draper...all those questions she asked Paul! Yikes...her scenes made me laugh.

__________________________________________________ _________________

THIS WEEKS EP...

As for this weeks ep...i've just seen it. Although it started off slow...it really picked up a third of the way through...IMO. So much stuff was revealed.

-Joan is engaged...will she leave Sterling Cooper once she marries?

-Don knows (i think) about Peggy's situation. I think that's why Peggy feels so warm towards him. I don't think she loves him, but i definitely think she feels some sort of emotional connection towards him. They have definitely bonded. His advice to her about not looking back; is probably why she doesn't want to acknowledge or have anything to do with her son.

-Pete is so cold and insensitive and his wife is passive. I feel sorry for them both. Pete obviously (for whatever reasons) doesn't want to have children. I think what will happen is that they'll adopt a child. Afterall Pete's wife is spoiled, her parents have huge connections and money and they could easily arrange an adoption. Also she normally gets what she wants.

-Rachel Menkin returned but briefly...and as a married woman. The look on Don's face...he was crushed.

-I predict that new secretary will start sleeping with one of the men soon. So obvious...

Anyway enough from me...all in all a good ep and a vast improvement on last weeks.

Don did seem quite shaken up by Rachel's marriage.

I like the relationship Don and Peggy have developed, interesting that he wants to help her with her career but wants his wife to stay at home. Such a double standard.

Previews for next week look good too.

yeah don's quite complicated. he can be so freakin' intelligent sometimes and such a dummy blinded by obvious manipulation other times....

Watched last nights episode. Its the first one I have caught in awhile..so I have some definite catching up to do.

BUT, it was interesting about Peggy and the 'good ole boys club' that she is attempting to penetrate, and Don dropping that chick because she talked too much....and then him saying 'go get your mother' after his daughter said that she wasn't going to talk while he was shaving....good stuff.

Need to catch up on the other stuff though!

Hit By Ban Bus!

A couple of hot scenes in that last episode.

Don makes me mad when he tries to make Betty feel stupid and insecure. I know that is how men controlled their wives and kept them in the kitchen back then but it still pisses me off. I can't WAIT for Betty to liberate herself.

Don is a proper dinosaur, even in the context of his time. As a matter of fact, the only relationship he has with a woman that doesn't drive me up the wall is with Peggy-it might be because he's in no way attracted to her.

Speaking of Peggy, her storyline remains one of my favorite ones.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Peggy looked great at the club! I think Pete wants to either rekindle something and/or he feels threatened.

Don is cracking up.

Poor Chauncey I hope someone picks him up and karma kicks Ducky's ass!

Jon Hamm is HOT!!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Don is a proper dinosaur, even in the context of his time. As a matter of fact, the only relationship he has with a woman that doesn't drive me up the wall is with Peggy-it might be because he's in no way attracted to her.

Speaking of Peggy, her storyline remains one of my favorite ones.
    Yep, a dinosaur. Betty is a proper bombshell and if she had any sexual confidence she could have any man she wanted with the crook of a finger. Don is trying to make sure she never realizes that.

I think he may have taken such an interest in Peggy because he wants to make up for abandoning his little brother.

^ oh yeah, his poor brother; what an asshole!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Yep, a dinosaur. Betty is a proper bombshell and if she had any sexual confidence she could have any man she wanted with the crook of a finger. Don is trying to make sure she never realizes that.
    The look on his face when she was chatting with that guy at the country club was priceless.

He did a good job of chastising her for her swim suit. Maybe if he hadn't run off to try to bang his mistress she wouldn't have felt compelled to buy it to impress him.

Thread Information