Page 48 of 117 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i laughed so hard when Duck was going to take a dump on what he thought was Don's chair, but he farted. Too funny.

i was kind of grossed out at the vomiting scene. i am a sympathy puker, so i was gagging.
    The vomiting was nasty, but so realistic. Did you notice the dried vomit on Don's shirt later? Gross....
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    well I think Sally's gay, but I always have just by intuition

but yeah i know there's so many little damn things, that i cant interpret and i kind of don't even try, but i just sat there in awe of last nite's show
    I don't think Sally is necessarily gay. She's just sexually precoccious and doesn't know what to do.

The barfing reminded me of season 1 when Roger barfed after walking up the steps (after a 5 martini and oysters lunch).
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I've thought sally was gay from the start, im thinking the masterbation is due to her being molested is my educated guess unfortunetely. maybe by that grandfather of hers too.

i don't think she was sexually abused. kids that age masturbate. much younger children masturbate too. and not because they've been abused.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    Okay I am back. Jesus - these women/men are obsessed. I love Mad Men but who has the time for all of that?
    LOL! They are obsessed!! But they make me watch the show differently. The writers there are so - uhm - thoughtful and totally point out themes and camera stuff that I never in a million years would have caught on my own. They get a over analytical - but it adds to my personal enjoyment of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i bet thats the first time he cried in a while, a long while. did he even cry when the brother he abandoned killed himself?
    If I remember correctly - he cried when he and Betty had the talk revealing his past.

But man this episode BLEW ME AWAY - genius writing - genius acting. Hamm and Moss - the writers - the directors should all get Emmy's and Golden Globes for this episode.

The little things/details always get me:
    - Don's face as he listened to the dictation of Rogers book.
    - Don saying "let's go somewhere dark"
    - Peggys indecision to go into the mens room or the ladies room when Don was going to be sick.
    -The emotion in the hand touch at the end.

So much "stuff".

you know what else i was surprised about? That Don knew about Peggy giving birth to Pete's baby!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^^
    hasn't he known all along? in season 2 when peggy flashes back to all the time she spent at the clinic, don is the one came to see her and got her to go back.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    he's known all along. in season 2 when peggy flashes back to all the time she spent at the clinic, don is the one came to see her and got her to go back.
    aw i don't remember that! i have my season 2 dvd's that I'll be watching when this season is over.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

He knows about the pregnancy, but he doesn't know it was Pete's baby.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    you know what else i was surprised about? That Don knew about Peggy giving birth to Pete's baby!

Remember season 2 (or was it season 1?) that he went to the hospital to see her after she gave birth? That wasn't just a flashback they threw in this episode. That was an episode was back when she actually was preggers.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't think she was sexually abused. kids that age masturbate. much younger children masturbate too. and not because they've been abused.
    I agree! At that age it's normal for kids to fondle themselves or touch because all they know is that it "feels good." Betty just sucks ass because instead of understanding that Sally was coming into her sexuality and discussing it like an adult, she made it something shameful. Sure, Sally needed to be told that things like this were private, but once again Betty shows her massive immaturity - ugh, I hate her. Sally's going to have real issues with her sexuality.

And I get why Lobes thinks Peggy may be gay, it's flickered in my head a few times but I sincerely don't think she is. She seemed to really enjoy sex with Pete, if I remember correctly? I just think she has real psychological and trust issues now regarding men, especially after giving up her kid and being rejected by Pete. She also gets treated like shit by the men around the office and her looks have been put down a lot, especially when she gained weight during pregnancy. She didn't even flinch when Duck called her a whore! I think she also feels crushed and burdened by the restraints at the time, where 26 is an "old maid" and feels like she needs to get married. It was obvious that she didn't enjoy sex with the new wimpy ass that she was engaged to but I don't think that means she doesn't enjoy sex at all with men - just not sex with him. But she was faced with a conundrum because she felt like he is her only opportunity to get married, she knows as a female she's being judged the longer she waits, you could tell she was crushed the morning after knowing that he could be her "last chance" (as implied by her cruel mother) and that's what she had to look forward to. Poor Peggy.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

But look at the little hints... the lesbian paying her attention, the symbolism of her having to choose bathroom doors... she didn't seem to feel any sexual tension when she stripped down in the hotel room with what's his name, and he rightfully called her smug.

She never seems really upset when she either can't have a guy or gets dumped by one, nor does she really seem infatuated with any of them. She knows she is supposed to have a boyfriend/husband and she feels the pressure.

I don't remember much about her having sex with Pete so I can't remember if she liked it. I just can't remember her acting like she was into any guy or into sex with any guy. Maybe it's there, but I don't recall.

Maybe she's just kind of asexual. Remember the vibrator thingy that was supposed to give women a glow and make them happy, and she took it home to test it? She ripped that puppy right off when she realized what it was supposed to do. She's better now, but she's always been kind of socially awkward outside of work situations. Plus, she just naturally has a more formal, uptight demeanor, so all my speculation may be just a result of that and not that she's actually gay.

It's just fun to wonder.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    If I remember correctly - he cried when he and Betty had the talk revealing his past.

You're right. He did. That was a powerful scene.

I don't think Don knew about the baby when he visited Peggy in the hospital (the flshback in season 2). It had been a whiile after she left, and he had tracked her down. Her family had told him that she had been quarrantined
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

i want peggy to hook up with that hot artist dude she met at the art party that got busted by the cops. so far i haven't gotten a lesbian vibe from her. i think she was drawn to the lesbian chick because she's assertive (the other girl called her 'arrogant' and peggy agreed but seemed to think it was a good thing) and isn't afraid to be different and to think differently, which women especially weren't allowed to do at the time. peggy needs to free herself from her family and men who want her to conform and find her freedom and happiness in the fact that she's different and not like other women who just want to get married.

as for don, i think the doctor chick, faye, summed it up when she said he'd be married within a year. for all his whoring around, don can't be alone. which is part of why he whores around so much in the first place. and for all his macho crap, he gets along much better with women than he does with men, with the exception of roger, who's his only real male friend. his only other real friends are anna and peggy, and a few of the more long-term mistresses he's had who weren't just fucks, they were also confidantes that he talked to more than he ever did bette - that beatnik chick the first season, the jewish department store heiress, the teacher and, even though he hasn't slept with them, anna's niece in california and faye - notice how much he's told her about his life? just in that scene in the kitchen with the sake, he tells her about the situation with bette, about sally, etc... he shared more than he does with people he's known for much longer.
    the problem is, he seems drawn to these smarter, independent, articulate women, but marries the bette types. what will be interesting is to see whether he marries again and to whom. it would be great if he could grow up and have an actual relationship with faye but he could just as well go down the same path and end up with the friend of roger's wife, the one he took to benihana and who's as much of a pampered airhead as bette.
    Last edited by sputnik; September 8th, 2010 at 02:25 AM.

Thread Information