Page 47 of 117 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    Hi NoDay - what blogs do you visit. I regularly visit Basket of Kisses. They do a great job.
    i check out Basket of Kisses as well, but those chicks are WAY out there. but, it doesn't stop me from reading lol
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I will have to check that blog out. Like right now.

Okay I am back. Jesus - these women/men are obsessed. I love Mad Men but who has the time for all of that?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

OMG LAST nite's episode made me cry! what about you guys? i dont know, it just brought up a lot of emotions and was so fucking good, the best of the series i think really. omg it was so good not even funny, im choking up right now and i dont know why, it just struck me in a lot of ways, there's too much to talk about but wow, im speechless. don and peggy, role reversal, peggy's choices, her fucking madness too, she's becoming a mad man, Roger i dunno, it was a pretty fucking great episode

i dont see why peggy has to be gay to be career orientated and want to be somebody and make something of herself, like don has/did. why do women like that have to be called gay. she's just a very rare person for her time. thats why i was choking up b/c i feel the same way but its so hard as a woman to try and be something professionally and have an our own identity but go down the family road as well. its practically impossible. being a woman is hard and i saw peggy choose herself over her "obligations" towards her damn family and boyfriend, im betting he was going to propose too, but does she, or anyone really, really want to be like pete's stupid holed-up house-bag/wife. would anyone really want pete for a husband?! a fuck once or twice sure, but stuck w/ him everynite...

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    OMG LAST nite's episode made me cry! what about you guys? i dont know, it just brought up a lot of emotions and was so fucking good, the best of the series i think really. omg it was so good not even funny, im choking up right now and i dont know why, it just struck me in a lot of ways, there's too much to talk about but wow, im speechless. don and peggy, role reversal, peggy's choices, her fucking madness too, she's becoming a mad man, Roger i dunno, it was a pretty fucking great episode

i dont see why peggy has to be gay to be career orientated and want to be somebody and make something of herself, like don has/did. why do women like that have to be called gay. she's just a very rare person for her time. thats why i was choking up b/c i feel the same way but its so hard as a woman to try and be something professionally and have an our own identity but go down the family road as well. its practically impossible. being a woman is hard and i saw peggy choose herself over her "obligations" towards her damn family and boyfriend, im betting he was going to propose too, but does she, or anyone really, really want to be like pete's stupid holed-up house-bag/wife. would anyone really want pete for a husband?! a fuck once or twice sure, but stuck w/ him everynite...
    Breathe, Alice. Just breathe...
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

no lol my tone isn't aggressive or angry!!! i swear, im just thoughts-racing i loved the episode, it really spoke to me

Alice she doesn't "have" to be "called gay" geez, sorry, I was thinking that because she doesn't seem to care for men very much, NOT because she is career ORIENTED. She seems to be going through the motions, like I said. And the fact that the show had a lesbian character making subtle overtures to her recently, well, it's not a far-fetched idea.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^^^^^ NOOOOOOOOOOO I DONT MEAN IT LIKE THAT AT ALL!!!! please i didn't mean my post as aggressive, just writing out loud shit that i've felt in the past too about myself about others, that others have thought of me, that i was afraid that others thought about me, etc.

no the show just i swear, brought up a bunch of stuff in me, i was living vicariously through a woman (almost my age, a little younger but more successful) who chooses one path over the other one. and it reminds me of other women i've known who have this success earlier in life at a sacrifice of other things that everyone else is going through in their younger years. you know what im saying

Ok ok! I swear, I wasn't trying to pigeonhole Peggy into a category just because she's a career woman. There are just other little signs. But that's what's so good about the show, they don't beat you over the head with the obvious and they make you wonder and think.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

well I think Sally's gay, but I always have just by intuition

but yeah i know there's so many little damn things, that i cant interpret and i kind of don't even try, but i just sat there in awe of last nite's show

I get what you're saying, Alice! I don't necessarily think Peggy is gay (not that there's anything wrong with that...) I think she just thinks like a man. And that makes her think there's something wrong with her, because it doesn't conform with her family's/society's expectations, and she really doesn't want what she thinks she should want, i.e., marriage and a family.

Plus, add the guilt of sleeping around and the baby she gave up--no wonder she wants to stay away from her family and their disapproval.

Hope that made sense, lol.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Alice, I think we are just reacting to certain scenes that leads us to believe it can happen. It doesn't have to, you know how writers are. It adds even more intrigue to the show. I think we all agree that this show was fantastic too. I'm glad she dumped that woosie boyfriend, he was too weak for her. However, the best part of the show was when she told Don exactly what was up!

You see how Don showed emotions but still appeared strong??? He played the heck out of that part!
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

I agree w/everyone---one of the best EVER last night. I caught it w/about 15 minutes left in the episode, then stayed up and watched the entire episode again. Still reeling.....it was just chock full of AWESOMENESS.
    Think I'll watch it again right now.....

Cassius Clay....

no lol my tone isn't aggressive or angry!!! i swear, im just thoughts-racing i loved the episode, it really spoke to me
    You just sounded so excited I thought you were having a heart attack. Or a Mad Men-gasm.

omg Lynnie and everyone when Don started crying like an even bigger baby than Peggy it was like UGH so many words, phenomenal/crazy/ridiculous so many things. he just let it all GO ya know. well he had no control, but it was crazy, i bet thats the first time he cried in a while, a long while. did he even cry when the brother he abandoned killed himself?

and i agree Trixie, i would stay away from men after that experience she had with the baby too. i think thats what happened to Oprah

i laughed so hard when Duck was going to take a dump on what he thought was Don's chair, but he farted. Too funny.

i was kind of grossed out at the vomiting scene. i am a sympathy puker, so i was gagging.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information