Page 45 of 117 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

well i dont know for sure what happened during his lost weekend, but i thought thats what happened but i've been known to make shit up in my head that didn't happen when it comes to intrpreting tv/movies

like how i thought that brad pitt was matt damon's dad on ocean's 11 for the longest time!

Yep, his drinking is pissing me off, and making me a little worried. (Like I know him personally...)

Did anyone else notice he kissed Joan right on the lips when they announced he won the Clio? Lucky bitch.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah that was sick. her lips have been on Roger's cock.

i loved last nights episode. Peggy getting naked cracked me up. good for her.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

There were so many things I THOUGHT were going to happen...and none of them did. Each and every time the plot went in a completely different direction and I was like WTF just happened?? I'm still confused!
    It's what I truly love about this show.

Ran across this and thought I'd share...

Rolling Stone Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Mad Men'

By Maggie Coughlan Posted Aug 31st 2010 04:46PM

Rolling Stone magazine's special television issuetakes readers behind the scenes of AMC's Emmy-winning show 'Mad Men.'

In this season's opening scene, an interviewer asks Jon Hamm's character, "Who is Don Draper?" In a sense, 'Mad Men' is creator Matt Weiner's attempt to figure out this question for himself.

"If Rob Lowe had been cast in the part, it would have been different," says Hamm, on the set in LA. "There was no backstory with me."

"I fly very low on the radar," says Hamm of his celebrity status. "Mark Twain said it: 'I'd rather say nothing and be thought an idiot than open my mouth and remove all doubt.' Another Missouri boy, Mark Twain. The petulant, s**tty movie-star mentality -- that burns out pretty quick."

Rolling Stone Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Mad Men' | PopEater.com

20 cool B&W pics at the Rolling Stone link:

Inside 'Mad Men': On Set and Behind the Scenes of the Emmy- Winning Show | Rolling Stone Music | Photos
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

ooh i'm buying a Rolling Stone this issue.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'm buying this issue tomorrow. Wait - is it out already?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

A Fine Madness: The Latest Issue of Rolling Stone
    How a band of Hollywood rejects created the smartest and most seductive show on TV

Aug 31, 2010 7:34 AM EDT

The following is an excerpt of an article from the September 16, 2010 issue of Rolling Stone. This issue is available tomorrow on newsstands, and Friday, September 3rd online via Rolling Stone's premium subscription plan.
    In the opening scene of the new season of Mad Men, an interviewer asks Draper, "Who is Don Draper?" Rather than confess the truth — that he's a flimflam man who fabricated his whole identity from a dead Korean War officer and built his entire life on a lie en route to a Madison Avenue advertising career — Draper merely takes a drag on his cigarette. "I'm from the Midwest," he says. "We were taught it's not polite to talk about yourself."

In a sense, Mad Men is Weiner's attempt to figure out this question for himself. He has created an elaborate pageant of American fantasies — guys and dolls who look like they have it all, even when their private worlds are complete frauds. The advertising wizards of Mad Men swagger through the office, knock back cocktails, knock back lovers. They live out JFK-era America's tawdriest dreams, almost as if it's a professional code — to sell these dreams to America, they have to experience them from the inside, with all their inherent betrayal and manipulation. After three seasons on AMC, a basic-cable network previously known for endless reruns of second-rate movies, Mad Men established a hold on America's fantasy life like no show since The Sopranos.

"The big question the show is trying to answer through Don has to do with identity," Weiner says. "Who am I? — It's only the biggest theme in all of Western literature."

To make it happen, Weiner assembled a cast he could relate to — veteran actors who had spent their careers toiling in relative obscurity. Jon Hamm, who plays Draper, had a few scenes in We Were Soldiers. January Jones, who plays his brittle and ethereal ex-wife, Betty, showed up in the third American Pie movie as Stifler's love interest. Christina Hendricks, who rules the offices of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce as Joan, appeared in a video for the Nineties rock band Everclear. Nobody wanted them. Today, everybody knows their names, everybody covets their careers, everybody wants to get next to them.
    To read Eric Konigsberg’s story in full and the best of the rest of Fall TV, you must be a subscriber to All Access. Already a subscriber? Starting Friday, September 3rd, continue on to The Archives . Not a member and want to learn more? Go to our All Access benefits page .

A Fine Madness: The Latest Issue of Rolling Stone | Rolling Stone Music
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Salvatore Romano may be headed back to 'Mad Men.'

We asked for it in our photo flashback on the stars of Mad Men, and it looks like our wish may come true: TVguide.com is reporting that Bryan Batt will return to the hit AMC drama as closeted art director Salvatore Romano before the end of the current season. The Broadway vet joined his former castmates at the 2010 Emmy Awards, where he answered questions about a possible return with an enigmatic smile. Tight-lipped show creator Matthew Weiner said only, “Yes, Sal is alive. There’s hope, but you have to watch the show. You know I’m not going to say anything.”

Batt exited the Mad Men last season after his character rejected the advances of a male honcho at the ad agency’s leading client, Lucky Strike, and was summarily fired. The August 29 episode of the Emmy-winning drama seemed to set the stage for Sal’s comeback when the current art director at new agency Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce was criticized for his work.

Batt’s Broadway credits include the 2004 revival of La Cage aux Folles, Seussical, Saturday Night Fever, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Sunset Boulevard, Beauty and the Beast, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Starlight Express and Cats. His off-Broadway credits include Jeffrey and Forbidden Broadway. Batt is the author of the new memoir She Ain’t Heavy, She’s My Mother and is co-owner of the home décor shop Hazelnut in New Orleans.

Broadway.com | Is Suave Broadway Vet Bryan Batt Headed Back to TV's Mad Men?

Don't know if its true, but this would be SO COOL!

ETA: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Ex...n-1022515.aspx
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    No, they showed him in bed with the brunette, and when he woke up he was with the blonde. He had no idea who she was (he got her name from her waitress uniform) and did you notice she called him "Dick" not Don....

Anyway, I enjoyed the flashbacks, it was interesting to see how Don bullshitted his way into the firm, and his entire demeanor was so different, not the suave Don he became.

But really, his whole life is a facade and all the layers are falling back little by little. It seems when he blacks out, he's Dick again, how long will it take before his workmates see him for what he really is? They're already catching glimpses...
    I think that's where we are headed. The layers keep getting pulled off, and Don spins further and further down.

"If Rob Lowe had been cast in the part, it would have been different," says Hamm, on the set in LA
    I can't image Lowe as Don Draper.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Ya know, you can't turn your head for a second with this show. I looked up and Draper was selling furs to Roger. What the heck here? So I scrolled back to see how that happened.

The contrast between Draper as a salesman and then later was so extreme it really put everything in perspective for me. I must say like what he became, a cool and in control big old hunk rather than the giddy, joking youngster he was. I love watching Hamm because he is so much like James Bond, early years. Just so smooth. Now I need a cigarette...

I cracked up when Peggy pulled that guy's bluff. Just laughed out loud at her.

But have to agree on not liking Draper as a drunk.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

You're right, you can't turn your head for a second, which is hard on me because I tend to watch tv and have my laptop going at the same time. Mad Men is a show that truly needs your entire attention. But I tend to watch the episodes more than once, plus read the good blogs on it. Oh and after I watch an episode, I like to go back, read the twop full recap on it and then watch it again.

Kinda like with Lost because there is so much subtlety to miss and I'm lazy. I like whatever I miss to be pointed out to me
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I'm the same way, most of the time I watch TV while doing other things, but I always put the laptop away and settle in for the full time with Mad Men. I have to or else I miss things and it takes 2 hours to watch the episode because I keep having to rewind it for the things I missed.

Exactly.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Thread Information