Page 44 of 117 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i've seen it and lived it myself. looking for attention in all the wrong places from all the wrong people (asshole men for instance) its just a point of no return for her life at this point, even though she's so young, i think the damage is done and the parents aren't going to change.
    Alice - I don't pretend to know what that is like first hand - but I immediately thought the same for Sally. The Glenn character comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i think Don does care deeply about the kids (especially Sally) but Betty is such a fucking downer, he has trouble connecting.

I so hate the way Betty is with her kids, and I wish they'd kill off her husband, and have her go back with Don. ugh i said that?
    I wish they'd kill off Betty Bitch! When she slapped Sally for cutting her hair?! Really? Then, later tells Sally she's "going to cut her fingers off."

Betty Bitch doesn't seem too happy with new hubby. But then again, Betty wasn't happy before.

Then she doesn't have the decency to take her own daughter to the therapist herself!

Cut to August 1969 and we'll see Sally at Woodstock trippin' on bad acid or worse, becoming one of the Manson Family.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Sally's gonna end up like Jenny in Forest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    HELP!! Is there anyway to get the episodes online free somewhere? I DVR's the last epi. and the damn kids erased it. I need to see it before Sunday comes on.
    I know it's too late for your particular problem, but in case it comes up again, I've watched the show many times on fastpass.com, before I got a dvr.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

Great ep...the best this season IMO. Where to start?

The clothes. Sometimes i watch this show and really want the clothes. This ep i really wanted the babysitters green jumper; it was lovely. Something you could wear with jeans.

The mother who caught Sally touching herself...i wanted her coat.

Loved all the office dynamics. Rodgers view of the Japanese was sad, but quite a few of that war generation had a low opinion of the Japanese; still do now .

His arrogance and rudeness nearly lost the account. He was drinking at the end because he knows he is no longer a big power player in his own company. They only need his connections.

Don saving the day was great. He's like superman in that office. It was good to see him on top form again.

Nice rivalry between him and that other ad man. I hope to see more of it.

Don's new secretary is so annoying...kind of funny but not so much. I want them to get a new secretary for him.

The whole way the Japanese incident was handled was the highlight of the ep for me.

Poor Sally. When Betty got angry with her my first thought was 'it's only hair'. However Betty obviously had a very aggressive mother and she's inherited her cr*p. The whole visit to see the therapist was interesting; i was glad to get more of a background into Betty psychology.

It seems to me that her mother demanded perfection. Thats probably why Betty is the way she is.

I expected her to get angry at Sally but not to slap her...OMG. She can be quite vicious.

Cannot wait for next weeks ep.

Just wanted to add that yes...i agree with the posters who've mentioned that they don't see a particularly good future for Sally. Neither do i.

She's screaming for attention and is IMO kind of neglected by both of her parents.

Quote Originally Posted by cool girl View Post
    Don's new secretary is so annoying...kind of funny but not so much. I want them to get a new secretary for him.
    Joan is punishing Don for dipping his pen in the company ink. He'll get a new secretary, but Don has been a very bad boy and is having to deal with the consequences.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Obviously, Don't drinking is out of control. Hopefully, he gets a handle on it before it causes an implosion.

What about the parallels between Jane's cousin and Don about how they were hired? Wonder if that alludes to the cousin ending up th enew Don Draper?

Joan and Roger holding hands under the table? Wonder if something's starting up again?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Obviously, Don't drinking is out of control. Hopefully, he gets a handle on it before it causes an implosion.

What about the parallels between Jane's cousin and Don about how they were hired? Wonder if that alludes to the cousin ending up th enew Don Draper?

Joan and Roger holding hands under the table? Wonder if something's starting up again?
    I think as long as Joan is married, she won't get involved again with Roger. The hand holding was probably more of the subplot of the night that the women (mostly Joan and Peggy) of the office were the ones, in reality, holding it together. Even though Roger and Don didn't want to appear nervous about winning the award, both really wanted it....and needed it for the ego boost.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

LOVED the episode last night! The flashbacks to when Don met Roger and HOW. Had no clue.....and loved the ending at the elevator when it was Don's first day at the firm. So ironic.

And Don waking up days later w/someone else completely different than who he had fucked before when we last saw him was actually rather shocking to me, but probably only because I wish it was me.. ha

^ yeah but he didn't really fuck the good looking girl, she left I think in the diner cuz of how shit-faced he had gotten ("his sister" the waitress called her) right? and to me, didn't Don scam his job out of Roger Sterling, like he was just persisitant, got him drunk, and pretty much just showed up to his job yeah it was ironic considering a lot of things.

Peggy works so hard man and she's only 25, thats crazy, I think she's going places, a rare commodity even in today's society.

and I honestly felt like Don is going to die soon at the pace he's going. its just sickening the drinking he does. ugh

No, they showed him in bed with the brunette, and when he woke up he was with the blonde. He had no idea who she was (he got her name from her waitress uniform) and did you notice she called him "Dick" not Don....

Anyway, I enjoyed the flashbacks, it was interesting to see how Don bullshitted his way into the firm, and his entire demeanor was so different, not the suave Don he became.

But really, his whole life is a facade and all the layers are falling back little by little. It seems when he blacks out, he's Dick again, how long will it take before his workmates see him for what he really is? They're already catching glimpses...
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^ yeah like he was just imagining the sex with the brunette in his fucked up drunk state, like he was thinking/imagining his reality was better than it is?

it was sad. watching his drinking is starting to make me literally sick to my stomach.

Ahhh ok I get what you're saying, he was so out of it he didn't know who he was with....I just assumed he somehow got two girls in one weekend, lol

And I agree, watching the downward spiral isn't pretty. Last week I thought maybe he was getting it together somewhat, this week he's even worse. I just don't think things are gonna end well for Don/Dick.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thread Information