Page 43 of 117 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I'm counting the days until Peggy turns into a hippie, radical flower child. Btw, I got the lesbian vibe from Joyce about 1/2 second after I saw her. Just saying.
    More Peggy on pot!
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Just wanted to start of by commenting on last weeks ep…

Not one of the best IMO...i’m not that interested in the other Mrs Draper. However it is good to see that Don has some emotional attachment to another person (other than his kids). Love seeing how he acts around her.

Him and the English guy hanging out was boring.

This weeks ep…

Poor Peggy…imagine everyone thinking that you slept your way to the top. I love when MM shows all the social changes that happened during that period. The bit at the beginning with Don and Co discussing Lucky Strike was interesting. Even that far back the advertising standards people or government were beginning to restrict what cigarette companies could show in their ads.

So Pete is to be a dad…congrats to him I guess. Have a feeling that it will end sadly…not sure why though.

Poor Peggy her face when she heard the news and the look that she gave Pete when she was leaving with her new friends…

Good to see Ken again…even if it was just for a alittle while. I want more Ken!

OMG Alison and Don…what can u say? Don used to have such control over his affairs; with the old Don this would never have happened. Now the whole office knows or suspects something. Hence his new older secretary…his older boss Mr Cooper? Obviously put two and two together.

Good ep…very good.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah i have a feeling Pete's wife's pregnancy will be sad too for some reason... we'll see!

Pete is a sick fuck though, remember when he forced himself on that nanny from his building and the wife knew by the look on his face when she got back from her trip just by the look on his face, that was sick and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I'm counting the days until Peggy turns into a hippie, radical flower child. Btw, I got the lesbian vibe from Joyce about 1/2 second after I saw her. Just saying.

I'm surprised that Don didn't screw that blonde chick who was leading that focus group. I was almost certain it would happen but I'm glad they aren't having him boink every hot chick he sees. As much of a hot manwhore he is, that gets a little old.
    I was thinking the same thing! Especially when she (Joyce) called the receptionist "sweetheart". I can definitely see Peggy turning into the hippie chick too. Reciting poetry in a coffee house or something.

Don hasn't screwed the blonde chick because she's too smart and seems to see right through him. Remember, a couple of episodes back, he asked her out to dinner and she turned him down because she had other plans?

Quote Originally Posted by cool girl View Post
    Poor Peggy her face when she heard the news and the look that she gave Pete when she was leaving with her new friends…
    I get the feeling that she was just looking at what might have been but not sad. If I had to choose being with Pete or hanging with hippies and lesbians.....give me the hippies and lesbians any day.

Poor Sally. Loved the look on the therapists face when Betty said, "She's doing all this to punish me." Even the therapist is thinking Betty's crazy.

I have to say, I'm wondering about all the "I want to kill him" talk from Betty. 2 epi. now this season. Is there going to be a close call for Don?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I am loving this season as much as the other seasons - it's just different - but I love the journey we are being taken on!

Yes - deep down I get disgusted with Don's drinking and sluttiness, but damn Matt Weiner and group know how to tell a story and surround it with subtext and nuance and color.

I loved last weeks epsiodes with the focus group and the visual references to windows and mirrors - Loved Joan throwing open the curtains I was waiting for her to say TA DA! Loved Peggy spying on Don - Pete looking in the mirror. You cannot fault the acting either. I thinkg Elizabeth Moss is a fantastic actress.

Last nights episode with the Japanese ad story line, Don seemingly back in better form is definitely more of what I want but it's all part of it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Poor Sally. Loved the look on the therapists face when Betty said, "She's doing all this to punish me." Even the therapist is thinking Betty's crazy.

I have to say, I'm wondering about all the "I want to kill him" talk from Betty. 2 epi. now this season. Is there going to be a close call for Don?
    Good catch on that one. And Betty is really wound tight in general!

I also felt so sorry for Sally when she was taken to her first appointment by Carla. Betty couldn't even be bothered!! And Carlas face - you can read so much in it.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    Good catch on that one. And Betty is really wound tight in general!

I also felt so sorry for Sally when she was taken to her first appointment by Carla. Betty couldn't even be bothered!! And Carlas face - you can read so much in it.
    yeah no fucking kidding I said that out loud even! like where the fuck is that bitch if she cares at all about her daughter! and poor Sally, doing what she's doing b/c no one cares about her at home, neither parent could care less about her and I just know what her future is going to be, its so sad, i've seen it and lived it myself. looking for attention in all the wrong places from all the wrong people (asshole men for instance) its just a point of no return for her life at this point, even though she's so young, i think the damage is done and the parents aren't going to change.

i think Don does care deeply about the kids (especially Sally) but Betty is such a fucking downer, he has trouble connecting.

I so hate the way Betty is with her kids, and I wish they'd kill off her husband, and have her go back with Don. ugh i said that?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I would like to believe that Don cares about his kids at any level would be nice, but I just don't see it. actions speak louder than words, and where was he seen or heard on christmas? nowhere. the man is a hideous person. even when they were married, he spent like a grand total of 10 hours awake at home (w/ the kids)

When I saw that scene with Sally diddling to Illya Kuryakin, I had to wonder...is this how Alice started out?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I was hoping that Don would bitch slap Betty after she slapped Sally across the face. She is such a raging bitch. I hope Henry gets fed up with her shit and abandons her. I loved it when the child psychiatrist thought that Betty was the one who needed therapy.

I thought for sure Roger was going to be the nail in the coffin for the Honda account. Luckily Don saved the day. Also he didn't have sex this episode. Is that a first?

Little Eugene seems to have aged rather quickly as well.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I think Don was very truthful when he said, "When I have them, I don't know what do to with them, and when they leave, I miss them."

I think this is what a lot of men thought during that time. They were not taught to be hands on fathers. I think my dad thought the same thing of me, and it was the 70's. He just didn't know what to do with me. It wasn't necessarily his fault, it was how he was raised and didn't know any better.

But why doesn't he have Gene when he has the kids? the baby is his too.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Elite Member

^^
    Because Betty feels that Gene is more her's. Betty gave him that name in part to honor her father, but also in part to screw Don.

Betty is an abusive parent.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Thread Information