Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

YEAHHHHHHHHHH....MADMEN is OnDemand....woooohooooooo!!!

Started first episode of second season. So many spoilers in here though...better get out. lol.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    And Peggy holding her son in church. She has issues. They'll probably tell the kid that Peggy is his aunt.

Don-Duck showdown? Bring it on! Don rules and I felt bad for him when he had to cut Mohawk.
    Loved this ep...yes there'll definitely be a showdown at some point between Duck and Don. Duck is going out of his way to sideline Don...and Don is not happy.

I feel sorry for Peggy. The relationship between her sister and mum seems so strained. They are friendly but you can tell that her Sister and Mum look down on her. Her mum considers her a sinner and her sister is forcing her to have some sort of relationship with her child...a child she so clearly has no real interest in.

Poor Pete...he's almost on the verge of breaking down...he goes to Don for comfort, but Don was not interested. It's weird that he would go to him though...Pete was a fool for thinking that Don would really bother with him, after he revealed his secret two years ago.

All in all this ep was much better than last weeks. Much more entertaining; it was good to see more of the characters home life.

Oh and Don and the waitress...he was almost tempted. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets a mistress by the end of the season.

I still haven't seen the 2nd episode yet, but saw some 'sneak peek' online.
    But it appears that, even though Don and Pete are rivals, Pete almost looks to him as a father as well, and respects him.

I'm totally in love with Jon Hamm too...

^^ Pete is totally fucked up. He needs som serious help. He's a child stuck in a mans body. What's even more scary is that sometimes he is so brilliant. I dont like Pete. How dare he open someone else's mail. L.O.S.E.R!!
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Hit By Ban Bus!

I won't spoil ep 3, but I will say Don is a world class player.

Prediction: Don and Betty are paralleling Jack and Jackie Kennedy, down to Betty and her horse riding, and Don with his charmed success. Watch for Don to get assassinated by the end of the series.

I watched some of episode 3 last night, and MADE my husband watch it, but he just wasn't getting it.

I haven't seen episode 2, so I was semi lost. Need to get back on track already!

This show.. and John Hamm...make me want to start watching TV again.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I won't spoil ep 3, but I will say Don is a world class player.
    I know... I like how he handled the business manager.

The previews for next week look good too.

Loved this ep...even the boring horse riding scenes with Betty got interesting; that guy was so right about her, she is sad. I have a feeling that for a brief second she was tempted by him but obviously for now she is resisting.

Good to see Don back to his old ways. Cheating is never good, but i knew after last week's scene with the waitress that it was only a matter of time before he became tempted. I have a feeling that he know's that Betty is aware of his past mistresses. Because when he came home he rinsed out his mouth and washed his hands. I bet that by the end of this season he will have a mistress.

I was surprised at how he handled that comedians manager...OMG! I knew that he has some pent up anger etc...but grabbing her hair...yikes!

Good for Harry and his pay rise. We don't see his character enough, because he is so quiet. But good for him and his promotion.

Poor Peggy this week was yet another reminder of her illegitimate child. You could sense her pain and discomfort, when they were all watching that tv show ep. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of her pain as the weeks go by.

I can't wait to see Don's new secretary. I felt very sorry for his secretary who got fired. She was so sweet; especially in Season One (when she had the crush on Salvotore)...Ciao Ciao!

Oh and did anyone else notice that the business man from Belle DeJore? was the same guy who had made a pass at Salvotore in Season 1? I wonder if his character comes back again?

Anyone catch the latest episode??

As usual, I did not, but I just read the summary of it online and the sneak peak for next week.

LOOKS GOOD!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

this show is juicy and intoxicatingly addicting; i dont know what it is; but i freaking love it and can't tell enough ppl about it i think im so attracted to it b/c its a high-brow soap opera basically

i just love Betty Draper and can't wait to see what she ends up doing next

Hit By Ban Bus!

I can't freaking believe I missed this episode! Anybody know when it reruns?

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    this show is juicy and intoxicatingly addicting; i dont know what it is; but i freaking love it and can't tell enough ppl about it i think im so attracted to it b/c its a high-brow soap opera basically

i just love Betty Draper and can't wait to see what she ends up doing next
    Its incredibly intoxicating and seductive. The set, the design, the smoking, its so awesome. It's really a beautifully shot show. I swear that's half of it.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ OMG I KNOW, THIS SHOW ALWAYS MAKES ME WANT TO DRINK WITH IT, just like the sopranos always made me want to pig out on italian and both shows make me horny!

something else they both have is incredibly addictive character development; u never know what these characters are gonna do or say or even what their motives all the time....

I think Betty is an interesting character. I understand her frustration when she said, "I'm home with the kids all day and you come home a hero." I think Don thinks Betty's life is easy.

I think Betty takes a lot of her anger at Don out on Bobby. She thinks corporal punishment made Don what he is today as in the successful family man when in fact it made him the tortured soul pretending to be someone else. She actually reinforced his decision not to hit Bobby.

Pete should not wear booty shorts.

Sunday dinners at Peggy's moms are weird. Walk in the door and BAM dinner is served!

That priest is played by Colin Hanks (Toms son). I think he resembles Pete only without the smarm.

Shame on Peggy's sister. that confession was so intentional. But I think it will work in Peggy's favor. Last weeks episode at dinner Peggy said something about being responsible and her sister said, "the State of New York didn't seem to think so." It made me wonder about how her sister really came to be the guardian of the baby.

Thread Information