Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Watched Sunday's ep a few days ago and although it was slow and not much happened. It looks like the producers are just setting things up for the Season ahead.

I love that Betty is becoming more confident; at least she's getting out of the house more. I love her new friend at the riding club?

Poor Peggy; she'll never ever be one of the boys. They still treat her like a secretary and she can't even assert herself properly.

Don's really beginning to worry me; he looked so worn out, like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. Looks like his lifestyle is catching up with him. Roger on the other hand looked like a picture of health.

Lastly Don vs Duck...i see trouble ahead and know those two will clash.

Team Don all the way.

Finally saw the first episode! I thought it was good.

What was with Don taking Betty to a hotel and then can't 'preform'?? And what's with her flirting w/the tow truck driver?? Interesting....

I'm going to watch the 2nd episode online, since I somehow find it impossible to manage to watch it when its on AMC.

I think Betty is beginning to understand how her looks can get her what she wants.

I was wondering why Joan put the copier in Peggy's office. Was it because she didn't want it in the hall or was it to get back at her for scolding Don's new secretary.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    I think Betty is beginning to understand how her looks can get her what she wants.

I was wondering why Joan put the copier in Peggy's office. Was it because she didn't want it in the hall or was it to get back at her for scolding Don's new secretary.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that...
    Joan put the printer in Peggy's office because she's jealous of her moving forward into the male "realm" of the business-and so young! while Joan herself is still in a stereotypical female position well into her thirties.

I think Betty almost has to have an awakening of her dormant sexual power before she can move on to more substantial growth. Like baby steps toward becoming an empowered female. Jealousy of her husbands infidelities as well as a lack of sexual fulfillment are propelling her in this direction and it's bound to get juicy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Joan put the printer in Peggy's office because she's jealous of her moving forward into the male "realm" of the business-and so young! while Joan herself is still in a stereotypical female position well into her thirties.
    I had a feeling that was why, I guess I didn't articulate it very well. it happened right at the end of the episode and I thought... what what what...

[/quote] I think Betty almost has to have an awakening of her dormant sexual power before she can move on to more substantial growth. Like baby steps toward becoming an empowered female. Jealousy of her husbands infidelities as well as a lack of sexual fulfillment are propelling her in this direction and it's bound to get juicy![/quote]

It'll be interesting to see how Don reacts and what effect it'll have on their marriage.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo
    It'll be interesting to see how Don reacts and what effect it'll have on their marriage.
    Did you see how appreciatively Don was looking at her during the card game? It happened while she was talking about how she didn't need a book to tell her what "boys wanted". And she was being very bluntly honest and straightforward, as opposed to "Miss Goody Two Shoes" as she usually would be, about her own child's dishonesty. I'm thinking Don is becoming more and more intrigued with Betty as she finds herself. Notice he's very into free spirited independant women-all of his lovers have been. He just can't get turned on by a woman not in touch with her own sexuality. Don't worry Don, she's getting there!

ETA: I am practically an expert on John F. Kennedy, so another thing I find fascinating about this aspect of the show is that it seems to parallel JFK's marriage to Jackie. There is very strong evidence that in the months before his death he seemed to be pulling back from his infidelities and becoming more enamored of his wife. Jack was also a man who was into free-spirited, highly accomplished women in touch with their own sexuality. Jackie seemed to be transforming during that period, just as Betty is. Just food for thought.

I haven't seen the second episode yet. I usually dvr it and watch it the next day.

Am I the only one who noticed that Peggy's baby was living with her mom and sister?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^^Was that in the last episode?

I like how they talked about her going away for a few months and came back 8 lbs lighter.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    I haven't seen the second episode yet. I usually dvr it and watch it the next day.
    Ok, well keep a look out for that scene, that "look".

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Am I the only one who noticed that Peggy's baby was living with her mom and sister?
    Yup he sure is, first indication at all of what happened to the poor tyke she wouldn't even look at in the hospital.

Watched the second episode.

Wonder who posted Joan's info? I have my suspicions...

I think there's going to be a show down between Duck and Don at some point.

can't wait... go Don

I wonder if American Airlines is going to keep stringing Duck along. They might be nervous having Pete on the team.

Speaking of Pete, his dad died in debt. That's going to cause some problems. I wonder if his mom will move in with them?

And Peggy holding her son in church. She has issues. They'll probably tell the kid that Peggy is his aunt.

Don-Duck showdown? Bring it on! Don rules and I felt bad for him when he had to cut Mohawk.

It's an awsome show. I bought the dvd of the 1st season when it came out a few weeks ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I guess im gonna have to wait for the second season dvd to come out to get caught up with that.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Who were the other two children? At first I thought that Peggy had had two other kids, but I assume they weren't all hers.

And I loved the interaction between Joan and Kinsey when she dissected him to a tee after meeting his new girlfriend. Talk about a biting tongue!

I'm loving this new season!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^I assume those are the sister's children and she just folded Peggy's kid into the brood.

Thread Information