Page 29 of 117 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

i LOVED that Joan came back! but, where is Sal?

great episode last night, wish it was longer than an hour.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

The white-haired guy (lol) telling Betty to divorce penniless instead of her smart and fair idea of what she was entitled to made their cold affair even scarier.

Cutting off to form their own company will give the show a nice change of pace, and an opportunity for an awesome new set anyway! Nice to see Joan back with the rest. They should have ended the episode with the suite door opening...standing behind it a smirking SAL.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, Sal is the main reason I'm worrying about characters being cut loose from the show if they didn't make it to the new firm.

lurker, 'cold affair' is the best way to describe what's going on between Betty and the old man. She's seeking a father figure to put her back on a pedestal and she's going to regret that move. heh.

Oh yeah, Henry is totally trapping Betty into being totally dependent on him. BAD IDEA, Betty, duh! She's known him for how many months and only had a handful of interactions with him and she's ready to marry this guy? She's crazy and desperate to leave/get back at Don.

Very happy about Joan's return in the perfect job for her, and I wanted to see Sal there too. I'm hoping he will be their next hire. Don needs to apologize for being such a cock to him.

And was it assumed that Peggy is coming along? I don't remember her formally accepting, so I hope she doesn't try to go to Duck just because she's sleeping with him. I loved Don's pitch to her, "I will spend the rest of my career trying to hire you." Don't be dumb Peggy, go with Don!

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post

Cutting off to form their own company will give the show a nice change of pace, and an opportunity for an awesome new set anyway! Nice to see Joan back with the rest. They should have ended the episode with the suite door opening...standing behind it a smirking SAL.
    My thoughts exactly on Sal!!!

The whole clandestine "let's take what/who we canand start our own" was GREAT!!! As soon as they started saying things like "who knows where this is" i KNEW Joan would come sauntering back. Also loved how when Roger asked Peggy to get him coffee she simply said "no". And that was it.

Peggy's anger at Don was great. Her character was clear concise and not whiney or bitchy, she just said how it was. However...she did not ask for anything more, that did surprise me. I expected to hear her say "I want to be chief copywriter" or something. Then again if she's the only one, then she is the chief.

Loved how everyone, including Lane, needed to be fired to get out of their contracts. Lanes exit dialogue with St John made me laugh. Lane was just waiting to hear "you're sacked". HAH!! "Ok...very well then"...click. Great.

I need Ken and the rest of the crew to come over too now. I liked Pete's attitude when his wife came in with lunch. Like they really appreciate what the other is trying to do.

More later from me!

PS LOVE YOUR AVATAR..."I'm not a very strong swimmer". One of my favorite skits of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    My thoughts exactly on Sal!!!

The whole clandestine "let's take what/who we canand start our own" was GREAT!!! As soon as they started saying things like "who knows where this is" i KNEW Joan would come sauntering back. Also loved how when Roger asked Peggy to get him coffee she simply said "no". And that was it.

Peggy's anger at Don was great. Her character was clear concise and not whiney or bitchy, she just said how it was. However...she did not ask for anything more, that did surprise me. I expected to hear her say "I want to be chief copywriter" or something. Then again if she's the only one, then she is the chief.
    I was hooting with glee when she said "no" so matter of factly. I loved what happened with Peggy but I also thought she would ask for more. I envisioned that we were seeing the beginning of the first successful woman in advertising, someone who would one day start her own company, etc. Maybe she's not ready yet and that's coming later. But I do want to see it eventually.

Why didn't anybody tell me this was a good show??

I had to stay up all night last week so I watched 3 in a row. It was really good tv! I'm mad at every one of you. I still have to catch the rerun of the finale.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Lol Chalet! Next time I run across a good show I'll pm you and make sure you know about it. Do you know about True Blood?

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

I had to stay up all night last week so I watched 3 in a row. It was really good tv! I'm mad at every one of you. I still have to catch the rerun of the finale.
    The finale rerun is on tonight. 9:30 central time.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

wow. so many changes. they sure are stiring things up.

yay for joanie!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

Oh you ABSOLUTELY MUST get seasons one and two. It is one of those shows that needs to be relished like a fine wine. They also build so many things into the shows that foreshadow either a character plot or an historical happening.

The best word to describe this show is "Delicious."

I visit a blog, "basket of kisses" Basket of Kisses | The Mad Men blog that broke the Internet where each episode is analyzed. The symbolism, the dialogue, the clothing colors. The people who frequent and comment bring a perspective to the show that makes me watch it in a different way. Sometimes they get a bit overanalytical, but at least the comments are intelligent and thoughtful, unlike most commenters on blogs! (IMHO of course!)

Anyone know if they sell that poster of Don Draper in the chair surrounded by water?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Yeah, Sal is the main reason I'm worrying about characters being cut loose from the show if they didn't make it to the new firm.

lurker, 'cold affair' is the best way to describe what's going on between Betty and the old man. She's seeking a father figure to put her back on a pedestal and she's going to regret that move. heh.
    Another good call Sasha. And for him to recommend she get nothing in the divorce...that is just jumping from one dependent relationship to another. I still want Betty and Don to be together.

I find it interesting that one episode I cringe for Pete, and others I outright route for him. I am loving the relationship between him and Trudy.

Jazzygirl, thanks for the link, it really is great reading
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Oh where to start? This season was a little weird for me, with a few exceptions (the John Deere incident and when Don came clean to Betty). The finale was brilliant! I absolutely cannot wait for the next season. I think everyone covered the high points so far. What I haven't heard so far is how I think the girls are going to rock the office next year. Joan totally saved the partner's bacon. They had the idea, but were totally lost in the details. I'm doing my little happy dance that Joan is back! Joan is back! I adore how they write for her...so minimally, but with so much subcontext. Like her interation with Don..."I need you to find me an apartment", she responds "Furnished?", "Yes", then "I'm sorry". She's been out of the loop, but totally understands everything. I think Peggy is going to kick ass too. When she stood up to Don, she shed the little girl and is now a woman. I hate Pete, but all gangs need a toady to do the dirty work. I think they may fire him in the future when they figure out he wasn't as smart as they thought. He didn't see the sale of the company coming, he just had his feelings hurt..that's why he was leaving. I have a soft spot for Harry, glad he's along for the ride.

Anyone else notice that when Don's work life is good, his home life sucks? And the other way around too. Damn, 13 episodes are just NOT enough!
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Lol Chalet! Next time I run across a good show I'll pm you and make sure you know about it. Do you know about True Blood?
    Okey dokey, I trust you. Don't know True Blood, can't really do vampires. Teeth, blood, puncture wounds, just can't. I'm not a tv watcher, but now I'll have Curb and Mad Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    The finale rerun is on tonight. 9:30 central time.
    Thanks so much. Maybe it's On Demand or will be rerun this week.

I'll look at that site, Jazzy

Thread Information