Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

On another fan site, a commenter pointed out that the teacher baked DATE NUT BREAD.

HAHAHAHA!!!! Oh lordy!

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    On another fan site, a commenter pointed out that the teacher baked DATE NUT BREAD.

HAHAHAHA!!!! Oh lordy!
    !!!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

oh geez, this show is so addicting

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post

Anyway I also can't wait to see Betty go off on Don.
    But will she...IDK...i felt sorry for her. She waited around to confront Don and he got lucky (as usual) because he stayed so late with the teacher. I was so shocked when she found out about Don. I did not expect that at all.

The look she gave Don as she began his speech; i hope that she does say something. I have a feeling that she will restart her affair. She only gave it up because i think she felt guilty. Now that she knows she has been living a lie with Don; i see her no longer caring.

Paul he totally lost it; LOL at him staying back after work and getting drunk. He has no shame. Peggy was so good to him at the end, even he confronted her previously. She is too nice. I would have left him to hang.

As for Roger i see fireworks ahead between him and Don. He so resents Don and probably has for years.

Don and the teacher; i don't see this affair ending well. I see Don's world crumbling down. He is sh*tting in his own back yard; not good. As for her brother; i don't trust him at all. Something tells me that Don will regret the day he ever gave him his number.

Did not expect to see the secretary who ran over the English exec to be back. BTW the actor whose foot she destroyed was Sir Thomas Wyatt in the Tudors.

Can't wait for next weeks; the next 3 ep's had better not disappoint.

Elite Member

As for Roger i see fireworks ahead between him and Don. He so resents Don and probably has for years.
    Roger dug his own grave with respect to his relations with Don.

omg Betty talking to the lawyer and how awful women were treated back then!

joan hitting her husband on the head with the vase!

Roger sterling being faithful to his wife and a total dickhead to that dumb woman!

this episode is so good so far!

but god, Don is really dumb, he's having an affair where he just acts like he does at home?! like a hubby, whats the fucking point?! wierd...very wierd....he's such a liar with the bullshit he's feeding this girl, (i know from experience there!) and man things are gonna be bad!!

(ok only 1/2 way thru the episode...so things may change ^)

omg Betty's telling Don to open that drawer!!!!!!!

wow Don's being honest with Betty! WTF?! and its so sad, its cathartic for him i'm sure, but he's a real jerk nonetheless...

omg Joan's husband is a complete asshat! WTF?! he sucks so bad, poor Joan, she should be no army-wife!

this whole episode is like a dream-sequence, very unreal right now...im thinking its a dream, its too wierd!

...and this is why you don't have affairs! the always end like a shit-storm of shit

lol omg, "and who are you supposed to be"!! hahahahaha yeah Don, who the fuck are you supposed to be! ugh! i really don't like him!

at least with Dr. Christian Troy, I do like him
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; October 25th, 2009 at 11:08 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I was surprised Don was so honest with Betty, I really expected him to put a spin on things but he didn't.

I can't help but wonder though if he got rid of the mistress and is trying to turn over a new leaf with his family because he knows Betty could destroy him, or if he's thankful she finally knows the truth and is sincerely trying to make things right. I guess we'll find out eventually.

I couldn't tell if Joan was happy about her husband's announcement or if she was just being a supportive wife. Hubby is a frickin' loser and she should dump his ass. Joan is fierce in every way and I hope Roger hires her back and gives her a promotion.

And wow Roger, being faithful to his wife! Bowled me over...maybe he was just too bitter to go there.

last nights epi was good. it was so wonderful to see Joan back. When she cracked her hub over the head with the vase, i loved it.

i love that Don opened up about what happened. But, this stupid school teacher is not going to go away that easy.

i still wish they'd get back to the office.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Roger being "faithful" to his child bride wasn't so much an act of fidelity as an act of him not being into that woman. When she said "You were The One" he didn't even miss a beat when he came back with "You were not." I mean fucking BURN!!! He's an asshat who deserves his poor little rich man-boy misery.

And I was all like Go Betty when she was kicking ass and taking names, telling Don what to do and not backing down. "Open this drawer or I will." "We're not done." (!!!) Omg that was awesome to watch. And Don totally left nutso schoolteacher out in the car. I forget, did they ever show her going home or anything? Wonder how long she stayed out there before realizing he wasn't coming back?

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Hell, Don was brushing his teeth getting ready for bed when the teacher finally got out of the car to walk home!

^ well yeah, men really dont give a shit towards their mistresses, its just a hole to them

I bet Joan's husband will get killed in Vietnam. No big loss - he was a douche anyway.

Don's dear in the headlights looks when Betty busted him was hilarious! I have a feeling he is relieved though, as he doesn't have to lie anymore. Well actually he still does because I am sure he will tell her to keep her mouth shut about it. When he started crying after saying that his brother hung himself, I felt really bad for him and you could tell that Betty felt bad.

I loved the fact that that skanky schoolteacher had to walk home. I was kind of mad that Don even called her.

It was a good episode. Agree though that they need to get back to the office story lines.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

i miss Sal too. I love Bryan Batt, and they dont use him enough as it is!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I gotta catch up on this. I am so outta the loop!! God I miss it!

For some reason, I want Roger to be named Duck.

I seriously did not see the teacher chick get out of the car, thought she was still in there while Don was inside. Yep, she appears plenty bonkers. Can't figure out why Don let her get away with all that stuff like introducing him to her brother.

I'm glad he confessed to Betty so she can show some new emotions.

I can't figure out, either, why they are so hard on their son and so indulgent of the weirdo daughter. She frightens me plenty.

As far as Carla accepting Betty's statement, that was pretty much the thought process of a lot of non-Blacks during the day, at least with those who did not want to align themselves with hateful, segregation supporters. Even when Jesse Jackson ran for President, one sentiment was the fear that he would make Blacks rise up. Lyndon Johnson even said he was afraid of Dr. King because he feared he would "stir up the Negroes." I think you can Google that tape but it was pretty much out in the open in the 60s.

The little Draper girl still makes me shudder....

Thread Information