Page 14 of 117 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ die?!

I loved the episode personally and along w/everyone else, wanted Sal to finally get some too!!!

I really hope they don't gloss over the whole 'I had your baby and gave it up for adoption' Pete/Peggy saga....

I think Don is going to get fired...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

It did look like that from the preview, Diva, you're right. But there would be no show without Don so he'll land on his feet somehow. I hope Pete gets shit-canned.

Lynnie, I thought Peggy's sister was raising the Peggy's and Pete's kid as her own. Did they say she adopted him? I guess that makes sense but I missed that.

I just really hope that they don't take the "Jerry Maguire" overdone route where he gets fired & then tries to start up on his own. It's been done so many times & that isn't the show I want to see.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

oh ok lol, i think the preview's trying to trick us!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    It did look like that from the preview, Diva, you're right. But there would be no show without Don so he'll land on his feet somehow. I hope Pete gets shit-canned.

Lynnie, I thought Peggy's sister was raising the Peggy's and Pete's kid as her own. Did they say she adopted him? I guess that makes sense but I missed that.
    If you go back and look at the first season, Peggy sister was already pregnant. The state took away Peggy's kid. I guess that means adoption. Aside from the screwing everthing bit, I think Peggy is a female version of Don....you know like if I ignore it then it never occured thinking style.

I was pretty sure the sister took in Peggy's kid. Wasn't there an episode where Peggy's mom was trying to guilt her into spending more time with this little blonde kid?

It's just so nice to really get into a well written show. I get so involved with the story that when they cut to a modern commercial, it's jarring.

I'm glad they gave Sal more screen time. He kills me. I love all of his little bitchy commentary, but he really is such a very, very good actor aside from that.

I don't think they will fire Don, yet. But I think the British will make his life miserable. If he does leave, I bet he brings Peggy with him.

Was it just me, or was Joan's red dress rather unflattering. She looked bulky. Love her, though! Gush, gush, gush...
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^I thought the same thing,too. I love curves, but Joan looks downright plump this season. She looked better before.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they're either trying to make Joan appear subtly pregnant or that Christina Hendricks lost some weight so they're padding her. Either way it looks awful. She was so sexy the last 2 seasons, now she's just weirdly bulky.

I think the opposite, that Christina Hendricks gained weight and they're trying to strap her down with corsets and other compression undergarments, which sometimes give that weirdly bulky effect.

I don't think they're trying to subtly allude to her being pregnant because remember she started to look a lot bigger sometime during last season, and clearly a pregnancy wasn't in the storyline. I think the simplest explanation applies: she just gained weight.

I'm almost positive that Peggy's sister is raising the kid.

All the innuendo with the mom and the sis regarding the blonde kid seems pretty clear to me.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Yea sorry kids!! I misspoke when I said 'adoption'.....meant to say 'gave away'......to her family.

ANYWAY!!!!!

I truly want Don Draper....I do. I WANT THAT MAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I think the opposite, that Christina Hendricks gained weight and they're trying to strap her down with corsets and other compression undergarments, which sometimes give that weirdly bulky effect.

I don't think they're trying to subtly allude to her being pregnant because remember she started to look a lot bigger sometime during last season, and clearly a pregnancy wasn't in the storyline. I think the simplest explanation applies: she just gained weight.
    I just went and looked at some recent pics on IMDB. First of all, she needs a better hairstylist for public appearances...her hair looks awful most of the time. Anyway....

From 2007/2008:
    Photos of Christina Hendricks

From 2009:

She looks mostly the same, she's learned to pose a little better though. So basically I just can't explain why she looked odd, but to me it looked like padding rather than trying to strap her down.

It may be just an unfortunate combination of 1960's undergarments and a dress that's not perfectly tailored for her. That's one of the things (ok I'm weird) that I always check out are the vintage undies on the show. I think I read that all of the girls wear authentic garb under the costumes. Joan looked a little plumper this season, but what I really noticed was her dress that was lumpy. Maybe she should have opted for Spanx just this one time!
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Thread Information