Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117
Results 1,741 to 1,744 of 1744
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    Not to me. My opinion. Never liked him, never will like the 5 head, lipless, squinted eyed drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Then why do you come onto the "Mad Men" thread? Just sayin'
    i would like to know that too. and i wasn't snotty in my response to you, be nice.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Token or not, I am glad he finally won, and his acceptance speech was very sweet. He and his ex have had their dog for a long time, so I saw that comment as a unifying one rather than a derogatory one by his mentioning Jennifer and Cora in the same sentence. I do not have two-legged children, but we have had our four-legged girl for 14 years, and I would do the same were I ever to have to deliver an acceptance/thank you speech.
    msdeb, palta, Bluebonnet and 1 others like this.

fgg

Real-life adman hated ‘Mad Men’

Adman George Lois didn’t like “Mad Men,” but he was happy Jon Hamm won the Emmy for his portrayal of Don Draper.

“He’s a really nice kid,” Lois, 84, told me. “He genuflected when he met me.”

Lois’ 11th book — “Lois Logos,” about 300 of the corporate logos he’s designed, from MTV to New York magazine to Aunt Jemima syrup — is being launched Oct. 6 at City College of New York. “The most democratic school in the country,” he said, and the eventual recipient of his archives.

As for “Mad Men,” Lois said, “I hated that f - - king show.” Not so much for all the drinking and smoking, but because “they were all schtupping their secretaries.”

Hamm realized the show didn’t accurately portray Madison Avenue of the ’60s, Lois said. “He understood they were doing a show about scumbags.”

Real-life adman hated ‘Mad Men’ | Page Six

LOL!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

^I don't like George Lois since I've heard this story: Origin Story | This American Life
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Thread Information