Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1744
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

A*O

I want to know what happens to poor Sal. That was a storyline/issue they should have developed further IMO.
    msdeb likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

I call bullshit on Don being able to sit so easily in the lotus position or whatever you call it.

I was underwhelmed, and agree that the pacing of the finale in particular and the second half of the season in general was way off. I really stopped giving a shit about Don somewhere along the way.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Elite Member

The finale didn't grab me, except for the phonecall with Betty (January Jones is a better actress than she gets credit for.) Something about Jon Hamm's acting was off this whole season and worst of all in the last episode. I didn't buy the commune bs. The Coke ad at the end was ridiculous. The whole finale could have been written by and for the show's super-fans.
    msdeb likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I want to know what happens to poor Sal. That was a storyline/issue they should have developed further IMO.
    Way late to the thread, but I did also. I was hoping for a follow up with him rather than Duck, Megan, or the stupid plot line with the waitress that they introduced in the very.last.7.episodes. I wasn't satisfied with the latest season, and am a super fan -- to such an extent that I own the limited release barbies of Don, Betty, and Joan, a copy of "Sterling's Gold," and "The Unofficial Mad Men Cocktail Guide" as well as two gems I found after the first couple of seasons, "Golden Age of Advertising" volumes about the ads in the 60s and 70s.

i can buy the coke ad ending. Don is nothing without thinking he can influence people and whore himself out, though at the core he dislikes that about himself, I think. So when Peggy mentioned Coke on the phone, and then that scene happened, my take away was "he finally got his next solid pitch idea" and made it happen. But that's just me.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Why is no one talking about our collective boyfriend, Jon winning the emmy?!! I for one, am quite proud!

Emmys 2015: Jon Hamm Wins Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for Mad Men

By Julia Emmanuele and Alexandra Hurtado

09/21/2015 AT 12:10 PM EDT

In a dramatic and long sought-after victory, Jon Hamm won the award for outstanding lead actor in a drama series for his role as Don Draper on Mad Men at the 67th Primetime Emmy Awards Sunday night.

Hamm had been nominated a stunning 16 times – eight for lead actor for his portrayal of Draper – before snagging his first Emmy win Sunday night.

Fittingly, the 44-year-old actor received a standing ovation as he crawled his way onto the stage.

"There's been a terrible mistake, clearly," Hamm joked while accepting the award.

Jon Hamm
    Lester Cohen / WireImage

But the actor who has faced a series of personal challenges not entirely unlike the character he portrayed on the AMC series soon got serious: "It's impossible to be named with all of those extraordinary gentleman. It's impossible to be standing up here. It's impossible to have done this show with this incredible cast."

The Mad Men actor notably thanked ex-girlfriend Jennifer Westfeldt, whom he split with earlier this month after 18 years together, as well as their dog, Cora, during his speech.

Emmys 2015: Jon Hamm Wins Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series : People.com
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Well that was decent of him to thank his ex.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Elite Member

It was undeserved and given as a token. Yeah, I know, don't like this fugly man.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Well that was decent of him to thank his ex.
    and his DOG.

oy. i didn't watch it, so don't know if he was being a tool about it ....

No, he was very sweet about it. He thanked "Cora and Jen".
    Bluebonnet and InigoMontoya like this.

czb

how would you feel about being named in the same sentence as the dog, if you were the ex?

I'd probably be ok with it. I'm used to being somewhere behind the kid and the dog
    msdeb likes this.

czb

^^^ me, too.

but seriously, if we were still together, i wouldn't care. as an ex, i might. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    It was undeserved and given as a token. Yeah, I know, don't like this fugly man.

he is a great actor. maybe is was a token, but he should have won before. and he's purdy
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post

he is a great actor. maybe is was a token, but he should have won before. and he's purdy
    Not to me. My opinion. Never liked him, never will like the 5 head, lipless, squinted eyed drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    Not to me. My opinion. Never liked him, never will like the 5 head, lipless, squinted eyed drunk.
    Then why do you come onto the "Mad Men" thread? Just sayin'
    InigoMontoya and msdeb like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Thread Information