Page 114 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1744
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

I love Betty and I'm sad about her fate but at the same time it makes sense. And her reaction to her diagnosis makes sense too. She's selfish and spoiled snd a lot of things but she's also always been a realist deep down.
    KrisNine likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love Betty and I think Don will always love Betty. The is the third important woman Don has lost to cancer. All pretty young. Anna Draper, Rachel Menken, and now Betty.

It's funny because I know a few women in my life that are like Betty. Cool, beautiful, and totally no-nonsense. They approach everything in life in the same, realistic manner. I'm so sad about

just finished watching the episode with the stupid blonde psychiatrist/psychologist (whichever). She annoyed me, and i never really gave a shit about her.
    Bluebonnet and JazzyGirl like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by I'mNotBitter View Post
    I don't know, to me it's never had a "jump the shark" episode. What was it for you?
    It hasn't, to me. I would have watched it after such an episode had there been one, I love the show so much...wasn't clear enough re: what I meant in the earlier post.

^Oh ok. Same.

*Sniffle*

*Sniffle*

I'm not ready for it to go away!!!!!!!
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Are you freaking kidding me don?

Good for you Peggy and Joan.

I think it means he made that pitch
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

^^I think you're right. Damn, can't believe someone nailed that. Good call!
    Beeyotch likes this.

Poor Sally
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

ugh, this episode made me happy and sad. i HATED that Don went to California. i really wanted to see him and Betty together one last time.

it really made me sad when there was the final toast at the end, and no previews for the next episode. Fucking Matt Weiner.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I love reading how people are interpreting something as great that another is totally skewering. Like I was reading how some people thought it was fantastic that Peggy didn't go off with Joan and chose to stay with Stan while others were saying it's safe to say Peggy will eff it up down the road and she should have gone off to a new career. Stan's confession cracked me up.

I am of two minds with Joan's guy splitting as soon as she found an opportunity. It seems incredibly selfish that he'd give her an ultimatum but at the same time, he's suggesting a life of leisure while considering her son which seems to be what people work so hard towards. But at the same time, she's still a young woman, and the idea of giving it all up to appease a guy she's known for about 2 seconds seems insane.

LOVED Roger's lines, from him calling his son a rich bastard, to ordering a drink for "mon mere". Total random ending, where the hell did Marie come from? No idea she was staying in touch with Roger. But also loved Joan and Roger's last interaction. I have to go back and read their history. Oh and I guess we know his daughter is still in a commune or whatnot.

As for Betty - really choked at her phone call with Don but also how resolute she was with her final scene of her smoking while Sally has suddenly become her mother. Pretty poignant stuff. I was so sad at her diagnosis last week and how the camera just focuses on her in the Dr's office as the men discuss her like she's not even there. Seems to be a theme for her life.

don's yoga retreat - it didn't piss me off like it seems to have others. I mean the guy has been cruising to some sort of mental breakdown all season so I think Matthew Weiner just shrugged, chuckled and went for the 180 with Don doing sun salutations. it probably makes total sense on some level I haven't figured out or haven't read about yet. The Coke commercial part made me laugh, it was ridiculous and shows that Don hasn't totally abandoned his identity which is pretty telling for a guy that never really had a set identity. I was surprised they had so many other guest speaking parts for the series finale. And I like that it's pretty ambiguous with how Don will continue on since that's been his bag. I assume he bounces back with the most successful ad campaign of all time and on the surface, he's set for life, respected in his career, etc, but we know there might be a custody issue with his sons, his relationship with women still sucks.....or he does the ad but removes himself from the ad world as he's had a new vision. Who knows!
    JazzyGirl likes this.

That coke commercial (for those of us old enough to remember) was the actual real commercial from 1970-1971. It's considered one of the most iconic ads of all time. I remember watching it as a kid and we all sang that song "I'd like to teach the world to sing...in perfect harmony...."

I like how the coke commercial summed up the finished product of what Don, Peggy, Roger, Pete et al did in advertising. The goal of that "big account".

I LOVE that Peggy and Stan ended up together! The scene where he tells her he loves her made me cry!!

Roger ending up with Marie is perfect. She's his age and puts him in his place!

Sally being so maternal towards her brothers. I love it that Gene finally spoke! Sally: "Come here Genie..." Gene: "NO!"

The phone conversation between Peggy and Don when he said "I'm not the man you think I am" was very emotional. What did Don mean when he said "I've scandalized my child"?

Then, of course, Don's breakthrough at the yoga retreat place. When that man Leonard was sharing how he felt and Don ran up to hug him and they both wept, had me sobbing too! Don finally saw someone who felt as lost as he did.

Funniest comment made by a viewer on Facebook today: "I want to now go hug everything in my refrigerator".
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; May 18th, 2015 at 09:28 AM.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

When Don is doing the whole meditation thing by the ocean when they all said "Om" made me think of this song:

I'm so going to miss this show!!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I think by "scandalized my child" he was referring to Sally walking in on him going to town on the neighbor.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Thread Information