Page 11 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

^^Boy the chick that plays his wife seems like a seriously cold fish!! Which is similar to her character...

She looked like she didn't like being on stage with anyone....just me though.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah and she just looks so different to me then when she's on the show where she's beyond beautiful in a Grace Kelly type of way, but then in reality she's kinda plain-ish...just my opinion tho.

^^
    yeah, she's pretty in a very conventional, cold grace kelly-ish kind of way (but then i always thought grace kelly was overrated). it suits the character though.

she's great at portraying the character though. both her looks and her acting. she's dumb and vapid and boring and it makes you not blame don for cheating on her (plus, notice he cheats with women that are smarter and have strong characters? the beatnik chick and rachel are not typical stepford wives). but at the same time, she hints at being more than just a dumb housewife, like in the episode where she goes out in her nightgown with a cigarette and a shotgun and starts shooting at the neighbour's pigeons.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I'm pissed i can't get season 2 on netflix yet.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

just dl it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

FYI: 3rd season of Mad Men NOT given the green light yet! See below!

Weird, too, at the Globes, were Jon Hamm and Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner. As any boob-tube fan who's been following the show's questionable future knows, a smooth-sailing season three for Mad ain't in the works. Is Weiner being forced out? Is Hamm's ego too problematic for everybody to work with? When I pressed Weiner and the cast on who is—and is not—coming back for the next season, Weiner wouldn't answer (which, I thought, was a pretty honest answer, actually).

But Hamm blabbed, half smiling: "I am not. I won't be here for season three. Good luck, you guys." Truth in humor? Watch it there, bro.

Miley Cyrus Grabby at Globes? Jon Hamm a Goner? - E! Online

There is also a blub somewhere else, cannot remember where that basicallly said the same thing. Matthew Weiner hasn't been told if they can proceed yet......

I mean WTF more do they NEED????

Jon may not be back? He's the main character but that would explain last season's story line...

I had read somewhere that Weiner may not be back for the next season.

Selfish Bastards!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

i kno, selfish greedy!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Surely this is a joke?

^^Or to get more hype?? Or to assure they all get what they want for the next season ie; money. That's my take...

Whatever it take in my opinion.....bring it back dammit.

Mad Men will SUCK without Don Draper!
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

there is no mad men without don draper. simple as that.

I recently netflixed Season 1 because you guys and your discussion got me interested. The last episode of the first season, Don's Kodak Carousel presentation made me cry. I loved how he used old pictures of happy times with Betty and his kids, and talked about nostalgia. How it's about wanting to go "back to a place where you were safe and felt loved." That just broke my heart and you could see that that's both the appeal of the show and a major insight into his issues with his past. I think he is still searching for that place because he never felt safe or loved.

Also found it interesting how Rachel totally got him pegged: "You don't want to run away with me, you just want to run away. You're a coward." It's Don's terrible secret in a nutshell.

awesome Bee! tonite AMC starts replaying season 2 so you should check it out, im going to also cuz i missed half that season due to no cable...im excited!

did you see the SNL skit of Mad Men; it was totally funny cuz Don Draper saves the day with one of his presentations like what you just described

SNL (And Two A-Holes) Do "Mad Men" (VIDEO)
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; March 8th, 2009 at 01:25 PM.

Thread Information