Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1744
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Jon Hamm was on Late Night with Seth Meyers last night.

Here's the link of a video clip.

VIDEO: Jon Hamm Revisits Memorable SNL Moments on SETH MEYERS - BWWTVWorld#

It wouldn't let me paste for some reason.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^ The agency has changed big time. Don was the King of Creative and the partners (and "adequate" Lou) don't care about Creative anymore. So little that they took away their lounge and made it a computer room. I guess they think the IBM will impress the clients more and bring in more money than a brilliant ad campaign. Mediocrity rules. Don is officially a dinosaur and a pariah. Just keep your head down and get those tag lines done.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Lou, ugh. He gave Peggy that raise so she'd keep loyal to him while in close proximity to Don, even though Lou has treated her like she doesn't deserve her position.

I still have a nagging feeling that something bad is going to happen to Megan.

Question to you all - I must have missed something. Why did Don turn on the IBM guy and say "I know who you are" ??
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Question to you all - I must have missed something. Why did Don turn on the IBM guy and say "I know who you are" ??
    That confused me too, but after reading all the comments on FB, I think Don was projecting. He perhaps, saw himself, in the IBM guy. IDK, really. He could've just been being a a-hole because he was drunk.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

He had talked to the IBM guy earlier, which gave him an advertising idea, but when he took it to Bert, he got a very nasty response. I think maybe he took that out on the IBM guy once he got drunk. The Bert conversation, plus being assigned to do tag lines for Peggy really pissed him off, mix in some alcohol and you've got an angry drunk. What he said to the guy made no sense at all, considering they had a pleasant exchange earlier in the day.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I guess he felt better about himself professionally during the IBM guy conversation because the dude valued his opinion so it gave him the confidence to approach Bert. Who not only shot down his idea but humiliated him further. So screw you, IBM guy for filling me full of false hope!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Lou, ugh. He gave Peggy that raise so she'd keep loyal to him while in close proximity to Don, even though Lou has treated her like she doesn't deserve her position.

I still have a nagging feeling that something bad is going to happen to Megan.

I think something is going to happen to Megan,too.

I'm not really happy with the way the season is going. We're already halfway done with the first half of the final season. I don't think this format is going to work with a show like Mad Men. There is so much buildup throughout the 13 or so episodes and airing seven, taking a break, and airing another 6 or 7 will take away from the momentum. At least it feels that way to me. The first 3 or 4 episodes are really the groundwork for the season.

Yeah, it sucks. AMC did the same crap with Breaking Bad. Mad Men was their first really big show (and the only one now) so I think they want to milk it for all it's worth.

With BB, it sorta made sense because it was slow to gain an audience and lots of people went back and bingewatched the old seasons to get ready for the final one, so their viewership really peaked at the end. I don't think that's the case with MM. It's had a loyal following all along and now people are losing interest--and having to wait another year for the final episodes is just pissing them off.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

ITA, I used to be a rabid MM fan and the long breaks are not a good thing. There is so much nuance in this show, and I forget a lot. I'm actually ready to just hurry up and get to the finale.
    Makisa and card like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yeah, it sucks. AMC did the same crap with Breaking Bad. Mad Men was their first really big show (and the only one now) so I think they want to milk it for all it's worth.

With BB, it sorta made sense because it was slow to gain an audience and lots of people went back and bingewatched the old seasons to get ready for the final one, so their viewership really peaked at the end. I don't think that's the case with MM. It's had a loyal following all along and now people are losing interest--and having to wait another year for the final episodes is just pissing them off.
    It worked with Breaking Bad and it really works with Walking Dead, but Mad Men just isn't that sort of show. I'm not sure what happened, but this season is just lackluster to me. I think Matthew Weiner got pissed and just wants to take his toys and go home.

ITA, I used to be a rabid MM fan and the long breaks are not a good thing. There is so much nuance in this show, and I forget a lot. I'm actually ready to just hurry up and get to the finale.

That's it, there really is so much nuance in this show. When they take the long break after the normal 13 episode, I forget things and then there has to be that buildup again. Breaking an already short season up is going to destroy it.
    card likes this.

I also have a bee in my bonnet about what's happened to Don. I get that his fall from grace is good for the story but they have made him so damned unlikeable. I think they went too far (and too long) with it. His drunken assholery in the last episode was off-putting after everything that's happened. It was like he hadn't learned a thing and was just an alcoholic fuck up.
    blah_blah_blah and KrisNine like this.

Elite Member

I lost interest in the show last year or last season not sure which. Jessica Pare is nauseating. From reading the above posts Don is being kicked around, good, I hope he jumps out a window, couldn't happen to a better coward.

i hate the way the partners are treating Don. hate hate hate. Especially Joan. Normally i love her, but i really just want to punch her.

and i'd love to push megan off a high rise
    KrisNine and Jazzy like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^ I don't understand why Joan is being such an ass to Don , did she forgot he was the only one who didn't want her to whore her self out for Jaguar ? And Peggy could not be more annoying
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

What the fuck was that? Possibly the most awkward hour of tv ever.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Thread Information