Page 103 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1744
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

I thought Neve looked really good.

Hmm, weird. No Sasha and her take on it.

Elite Member

OK, why did Peggy fall to the floor and start crying at the end?
    A lot of Peggy's decisions over the last couple of years, many of them related to men, haven't turned out so well. She bought that apartment and became a landlord at Abe's insistence/encouragement, and now she literally has to deal with all the shit herself.

She's lost both her mentors at her job (Don and Ted) and still has to deal with sexist shit with a new boss that everyone else appears to love but who seems to delight in cutting her down to size.

After a crappy day she goes home and is alone. She needs to get a life, but I bet she works 60 hours a week and it's not easy.

She feels trapped and stuck.
    Bluebonnet and Lily Bleu like this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Quote Originally Posted by Makisa View Post
    Wow. I was really just drinking it all in and then I came to this:

JFC.
    Let's not kid ourselves - they all look terrible.

1969 is the year of the Manson murders, Megan lives in An isolated canyon...and last season they had her wearing an outfit similar to one Sharon Tate was photographed in. Crazy foreshadowing? Or just an interesting detail?

Don did not tell Megan he was on "leave"? iInteresting! And Freddy is out pitching Dons work....love it.

I burst out out laughing when Ken tossed the earring to Joan and it went nowhere near her...her expression was perfect. I suppose Joan will be learning to take more accounts if Ken is that overloaded.

Can't wait to see what Sally and Betty are up to. Goos start so far!
    KrisNine, Lily Bleu, card and 1 others like this.

^^I said the same thing to my SO when Don was talking to Megan about living out in the isolation. She's gonna get it.
    card likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    ^^I said the same thing to my SO when Don was talking to Megan about living out in the isolation. She's gonna get it.
    My God. We can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    omg don't get my hopes up!
    KrisNine likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I really think that's whats going to happen. Come on, a young woman, alone, living in the canyons of LA that became notorious for the Manson murders. It has to happen. A young woman on her own in LA is going to live in an apartment close to the studios in the Valley or Hollywood.

Is it January of 69? If so, then yep.

Elite Member

I don't think so. Matthew Weiner would not do anything so literal--he would think it was beneath him. That doesn't mean the murders can't or won't impact the characters in some way...Megan may wind up knowing someone who was killed, she may get spooked about living in LA or at least the Canyon, etc. But the murders might only have a symbolic value by representing violence creeping into the apparent paradise of La-La Land.

And in the show current events are usually part of the backdrop, we don't see characters being inserted into them a la Zelig.

I don't really hate Megan enough to want her killed by the Manson family...not really. Would be funny, though, if she joined them.
    Trixie and I'mNotBitter like this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

^ I agree--I don't think Megan will be an actual part of the Manson murders or a victim--Mad Men generally doesn't re-write history, they just use historical references of the time period as backdrops for how the world is changing, just like the attitudes, wardrobes etc are changing. I would guess it will impact Megan in a big way, living so close to the crime scene and the fact that it was an actress killed. But the murders really impacted the entire country at the time, and pretty much burst the bubble of the hippie peace love dove era in the U.S.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    1969 is the year of the Manson murders, Megan lives in An isolated canyon...and last season they had her wearing an outfit similar to one Sharon Tate was photographed in. Crazy foreshadowing? Or just an interesting detail?
    I was thinking about this too

I told my sister I thought Megan would get caught up in the Hollywood crowd and die of a drug overdose. My sister responded "Or a horrible orthodontial accident."
    msdeb, Trixie and JazzyGirl like this.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I agree that Megan will not be a Manson victim...but I do have a feeling something bad will happen while she is Hollywood. I can't wait to see Sally - she has become one of my favs.

OK, Peggy is totally unraveling!!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Poor Peggy.

I love Sally and Don's interaction. They are beginning to have a relationship like adults.

How long before Pete recruits Don into opening their own agency?

Yea for Joan.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Thread Information