View Poll Results: How do you feel about Lost?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it and still do

55 48.67%
  • Loved it at first now not so much

17 15.04%
  • Never really liked it - couldnt get into it

15 13.27%
  • Havent watched it

26 23.01%
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Lost

definitely have to rewatch on abc.com

I loved it, and I was shcked at the ending!!!

I just hope they bring Juliet back

Btw, I think Richard can actually die, otherwise he wouldn't be surprised at Daniel when he was pointing the gun at him.

Richard said that "Jacob made [him] that way" when "Locke" asked him why he never ages... maybe now that Jacob's "dead" Richard isn't special anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by jrcaporal View Post
    I loved it, and I was shcked at the ending!!!

I just hope they bring Juliet back

Btw, I think Richard can actually die, otherwise he wouldn't be surprised at Daniel when he was pointing the gun at him.
    I don't believe she's dead. I'm among the group who isn't convinced the bomb even went off. The white flash looked awfully familiar. I'm wondering if the whole thing ties in with the time Des saw Kelvin with that rip in the bio-hazard suit. Obviously there wasn't a reason to wear it. It was just to scare Des & keep him under control. So maybe the sickness thing was just a DHARMA hoax all along. OK now I've confused myself. I need to start over from the beginning.

I can't imagine what Juliet might have been going through. To find out she improbably survived a fall that should have killed her, but then realizing she has to detonate a bomb while lying ground zero to presumably save her friends? I was so back and forth with her, but this season she had me pulling for her. So sad!
    On a plus note, if they make it so the crash never happened, then Charlie's not dead! Still a heroin addict, but alive!

My boyfriend thinks Juliet has been killed off because the actress has a new show coming out. Speaking of actors in other shows, I guess we'll never get any more backstory on the Libby character if the Gossip Girl prequel gets picked up.

They've already stated that they will not be giving us the Libby backstory. They discovered that actresses aren't usually up for coming back when you kill them off for getting DUIs.

I hate that because even though she was only there for a short time, I really liked the Libby character.

I did some light reading on archangels and Jacob from the Bible but still have nothing intelligent to add here. Except I did find this wiki paragraph interesting:

In the first year of famine, Jacob sent ten sons to Egypt, excluding Benjamin, to procure grain for their starving families (Genesis 42:3). Joseph recognized them but did not reveal himself to them; desirous to see his full brother Benjamin, of whom they had spoken, Joseph accused them of being spies, imprisoned Simeon as a hostage, and demanded Benjamin be produced to verify their claims. Jacob was distraught by this news, concluding that Simeon was as lost as Joseph, and refusing to send Benjamin, even in response to a rash vow by Reuben. Benjamin is taken to represent all that is left to Jacob of his favorite wife's children.
    Probably meaningless, but still...

Also from Wiki, here is a summary of the book that Jacob was reading when Locke fell from the building. Everything That Rises Must Converge by Flannery O'Connor

In the story, human weaknesses are exposed and important moral questions are explored through everyday situations. Critics view the story as a prime example of O’Connor’s literary skills and moral views. In the story an arrogant young man takes a fateful bus trip with his bigoted mother. The mother doesn’t like to ride the recently racially integrated bus alone. Their relationship shows tensions when a black mother and son enters the bus. Through irony, the blindness and ignorance of the characters are exposed. The title Everything That Rises Must Converge refers to an underlying religious message central to her work: aiming to expose the sinful nature of humanity that often goes unrecognized in the modern, secular world.[3]
    Oh, and one more thing about the Biblical Jacob. He was born a twin, and was in constant conflict with that twin, Esau. Esau was born first, and Jacob followed, holding on the Esau's heel. That reminded me of the lower leg & foot under which Lost's Jacob lives.
    Last edited by Lobelia; May 16th, 2009 at 07:16 PM.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    They've already stated that they will not be giving us the Libby backstory. They discovered that actresses aren't usually up for coming back when you kill them off for getting DUIs.
    I've been waiting for that g-ddamn backstory and I want it now.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

i just finished watching and i think i'm even more confused now.
    they have to bring back at least some of the characters that they killed off. daniel, juliet, sad (he looked in really bad shape)... they can't just kill them all. i'll be really pissed.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I know it is no longer season five, but...

The new season hasn't started here yet. I'm wondering if it sucks or something since no one seems to be discussing it.

I'm really enjoying it so far. The most recent episode was amongst the best episodes of the show.

I'm actually enjoying the alternate timeline stories more than the island stuff right now. Although i do kinda like Claire being the "new" Rousseau.

Finale tonight

6 years of fun TV confusion will be over after tonight. And I have to work during it. I'll be avoiding the internet after work until I get the chance to watch.

For anyone who uses Twitter and wants to remain unspoiled, don't use the hashtag #lost, there are bots that are spamming finale spoilers to anyone who does. They got me last night and I'm so pissed and also hoping they were fake spoilers just to screw with fans.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di3w1yV4Ehg&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Thread Information