Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Liz and Dick train wreck ride here. All aboard!

Lindsay Lohan Devastated By 'Liz & Dick' Criticism, Say Sources
    Posted: 11/26/2012 11:00 am EST

Lindsay Lohan is said to be upset by criticism of "Liz & Dick."

Friends say Lindsay Lohan wasn't prepared for the harsh criticism of her Lifetime movie "Liz & Dick." And instead of providing the career comeback the troubled star expected, her performance has left many wondering if she will ever be taken seriously as an actress again.

“Lindsay is devastated by the response to the film,” a close friend of the actress tells The Huffington Post. “She has got used to all the negative press around her personal life but this is the first time she has experienced it about her work. No matter how bad things were going for her personally, everyone would always agree that she was a great actress.”

The Hollywood Reporter compared the Lifetime drama to a "Saturday Night Live" skit. The New York Times accused the actress of “sleepwalking through scenes,” while Entertainment Weekly made fun of Lohan’s “frozen face” and “blank stare.”

“Lindsay has already read her own press,” one insider tells me. “She knew the script wasn't strong but thought she would bring the role of Elizabeth to life. This is particularly heartbreaking as her acting was the only thing in her life that she knew was real. Now she is doubting that, too.”

However, not everyone agrees. Her dad, Michael Lohan, thought his daughter's performance proved once again that she is right up there with Meryl Streep.

“Due to the content, I had to step away from a lot of the scenes, but regardless of what some of these so-called critics, who don't have an ounce of talent in their bones say, Lindsay proved that she is an amazing actress. This was a different role for her at a difficult time of her life,” Michael tells The Huffington Post. “She still has what it takes to be the Lindsay Lohan that is one of Hollywood’s top actresses.”

Lindsay and her dad have one last hope in turning this perceived disaster around, as nothing matters more in television than the ratings, which have not been released yet.

“Everyone wants to make great TV but ultimately what determines if a show is a success is the ratings,” the Media Masters' Amy Rosenblum tells The Huffington Post. “Ironically, if a show finds a huge audience then it doesn't matter what the reviews or what the media elites think.”

Lifetime and Lindsay’s spokesperson did not respond to calls for comment.

Lindsay Lohan Devastated By 'Liz & Dick' Criticism, Say Sources
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

She really is delusional.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

She has got used to all the negative press around her personal life but this is the first time she has experienced it about her work.
    uh, first time? did she forget about 'I Know Who Killed Me' and 'Herbie: Fully Loaded'.....
    Jadestone likes this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

But everyone loves my acting!

Kat Scorp and Brookie like this.

Seriously, again based only on the snippets that I've seen: I HATED Elizabeth Taylor's weak and often shrill voice. But I totally prefer it to this mucus and phlegm, whiskey and nicotine rasp of a voice coming from this delusional twit's tar filled lungs.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

darksithbunny, sluce and mjw like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Best scene in the film. Well, wait, there was that other when she ran away from Burton crying, then the one where she was saying shed rather die...

This movie was terrible all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    without a doubt, that was my FAVORITE scene from the movie. Like she fell through a trap door.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

That gif really does not do it credit at all.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Monday, November 26th 2012
    3.5 Million People Couldn't Say No To A Train Wreck

Because of the way Twitter was blowing up last night over the Super Bowl of Suck that was Liz & Dick, I really thought it would be the highest rated basic cable event in the history of basic cable, but it wasn't. 3.5 million pairs of eyeballs all rolled in unison while watching Lindsay Lohan play dress up in front of a green screen.

According to Deadline, 3.5 million isn't a number White Oprah should brag about to her back alley pharmacists when she tries to buy illegal Adderall tonight. Liz & Dick wasn't a total flop, but it wasn't a hit either. 6.5 million people watched Lifetime's Steel Magnolias remake and 5 million people watched Drew Peterson: Untouchable starring Rob Lowe. Lifetime is still bragging by saying Liz & Dick is the fourth biggest first-run cable movie of the year, because that is obviously something to brag about.

In related news, the Department of Health reported a record 3.5 million people were hospitalized for alcohol poisoning last night. It was also reported that there was a record low of births last night, because who in all that is good wants their baby born on the same day as the Liz & Dick premiere? But whatever, I'm sure Lifetime will greenlight a sequel called Liz & Larry and I'm sure Lindsay Lohan will play both Liz AND Larry. Eat it, haters.

(GIF via E!)

Posted by: Michael K

Source: 3.5 Million People Couldn't Say No To A Train Wreck | Dlisted
    So it didnt do so bad but it didnt do so good either. Wonder how many viewers The Client List got back when it first premiered.

We're just going to torrent it so she doesn't get any ratings.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    So it didnt do so bad but it didnt do so good either. Wonder how many viewers The Client List got back when it first premiered.

Yeah, but the LeAnn/ManWhore Lifetime movie 'Northern Lights' premiered to 4.5 million viewers; ManWhore and his sugarmomma out performed Blohan
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    We're just going to torrent it so she doesn't get any ratings.
    yep I'll likely stream it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

My (belated) thoughts....

1. Like most of you said: Lindsay's timing sucked. At first I thought it was bad editing (which, didn't help the cause), but Lindsay was about 3 seconds "off" on her lines/reactions. It was..... odd. Years of abusing your brain with drugs have taken a noticeable toll.

2. It seems like she tried soooooo hard to sound like Liz, that she formed a British accent mid-way through her lines - what was that about?

3. Hair and Make-up: Not entirely her fault, but it was just all wrong. It seems like they packed it on her in hopes that, the more make-up they put on her, the more she'd look like Liz. And the fact that they needed to hide the eye bags/double chin/over-injected cheeks and lips. Major fail.

Her roots were showing and/or the extensions she had on didn't match throughout the movie. And the wigs.... were just horrible. Her eyelash glue line was visible in all of the scenes. MUA Rookie Mistake.... It's just one of those things that irks me for some reason

Something actually not related to Lindsay's performance: Did anyone else notice the horrible green screen/digitizing?
    The "Paris" scene was just awful. A car, fake stairs, fake fountain, and a green screen.
    I could do a better job with MacBook and the stock movie editing program in comes with.

“She knew the script wasn't strong but thought she would bring the role of Elizabeth to life. "
    The script was "eh" but that wasn't the reason Lindsay did a poor acting job. Lindsay is the reason Lindsay did a poor acting job. Doy.
    The other actor's did an "ok" job I thought. They were certainly more believable in their roles than Lindsay.

Lindsay proved that she is an amazing actress. This was a different role for her at a difficult time of her life,” Michael tells The Huffington Post.
    No, Michael, she didn't. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    A "different role at a difficult time"? A lot of actors have to perform/film a role during a difficult time(s) in their personal lives.
    Loved ones passing, breakups, rehabs, etc. And most of them seem to pull it off (separating their personal life from the role, not letting it effect the performance).

There are no excuses. She's just not good.

The End.
    Brookie and NVash like this.

Hell, even William Shatner got a whole day of filming done in the old Star Trek series in after he found out his father died in the morning.
    Last edited by Grimmlok; November 26th, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
    msdeb likes this.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information