Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little People Big World

Quote Originally Posted by IceQueen View Post
    She used to come into my store (way back when I worked retail) when the twins were babies. She did seem standoffish way back then - but I guess I was a bad customer service rep and never offered to help her! Shame on you Haggard, how could you?!

I do think it's a trip though to see stores and familiar places on TV. I recall seeing the Roloff pumpkin signs, but haven't gone out there.
    Apparently since the show they arent allowed to sell their pumpkins and stuff to the general public anymore...at least not as a "come to our farm and buy them" way because it always causes a big traffic issue and the cops have to be on the premises for safety reasons and whatnot, so I guess the city decided that it was too much of a hassle and wont allow them to do it anymore.

Ok, what happened with the pumpkin launcher hurting people thing? Has that episode aired or did I just see the preview? I thought the episode where the twins go to that formal dance was hilarious. You could tell Zack ( is that the little one?) was so freaking nervous. I felt bad for him lol.

^^They've already shown it; at the end of the episode they show that both the little boy and the family friend who was helping run the trebuchet are hurt and bleeding, although the friend seemed to be worse.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think the youngest got hurt badly and had to go in for an emergency surgery? He got a dent in his head from what I heard...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

homemade trebuchets, bad idea. Hope no one got badly hurt.

Is this show renewed for another season?
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

I think the new season starts in March and is supposed to pick up where it left off with the trebuchet accident.
    "I've got a raging clue right now"

omigod, what a cliffhanger. Way to go TLC!
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Bronze Member semanticsofsermon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Yes! The family with the little russian girl. Is that still on?
    I believe that was just a special, not a whole series.
    julievire.com

Source: http://www.katu.com/news/4511481.html

Pair in pumpkin launch incident still hospitalized

Related Content
    File video: The Roloff family appears on AM Northwest

Story Published: Oct 29, 2006 at 2:10 PM PST

Story Updated: Oct 31, 2006 at 1:56 PM PST
    By John Capell and KATU Web Staff
    Watch the video

HILLSBORO, Ore. - A 9-year-old boy who stars with his family in a cable TV series and another man were listed in serious condition Sunday following a bizarre pumpkin launching incident a day earlier at the Roloff farm north of Hillsboro.

The boy, Jacob Roloff, and the man, 58-year-old Mike Dentjn, were both receiving treatment at Legacy Emanuel Hospital. The boy underwent surgery to remove a dime-size piece of skull that was pushed into his brain as a result of the accident.

Matt Roloff, Jacob's father, said Saturday that the pair were using a catapult-like device called a trebuchet to launch pumpkins in the air when the incident occurred about 5:30 p.m. at the family farm located near the intersection of Grossen Drive and Helvetia Road.

They were launching the last pumpkin of the day.

"(They) were cocking this trebuchet back and the trigger released at the wrong moment and the arm came up and kind of clocked Jacob," the father said. "He'll be fine, but he got hit pretty good. Mike got hit by the big counterweight. It looked worse than it was. I think they're both going to be OK."

The counterweight, which is made of concrete, weighed an estimated 2,000 pounds. It pinned Dentjn to the trebuchet frame but bystanders freed him. Both the boy and the man suffered cuts on their heads, necks and legs.

The father said his son looked more scared than anything while Dentjn, his business partner, was worse off.

"Mike looked like he was beat up pretty good because that block had hit him a couple of times," the father said, "but there were no broken bones and he is going to be fine."

The Roloff family, which is made up of little and average-sized people, has gained much media attention as the stars of the television series "Little People, Big World," which documents their lives.

The Roloff's farm was closed Sunday not because of the accident but because they ran out of pumpkins to sell.
    Even though neighbors expressed safety concerns, KATU reporters checked with Washington County Permit inspector John Wheeler, who said "all building and structures that require permits have permits." Wheeler said that as far as he was aware, the Roloff farm has never been told to cease operations.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

^^^ I think they already aired this episode cuz my hubby saw it and told me that the boy was hospitalized etc.

I think the new season starts in March and is supposed to pick up where it left off with the trebuchet accident.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    ^^^ I think they already aired this episode cuz my hubby saw it and told me that the boy was hospitalized etc.

The hospital episode your husband probably saw is the one where Zach (the small twin) had some problems with his brain shunt. They haven't aired the new episodes yet with the aftermath of Jacob's accident.

Oh my GAWD, I had no idea it was so bad. I missed that pumpking-launching business altogether. Geez, that could have been really tragic.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

We love this show!
    I think they are the typical family, even though they are "little people". They deal with all the same problems and joys that we all do.
    I think some of the tension that y'all are noticing is that the husband tends to have some pretty far fetched ideas that he never follows through with. He makes all these plans and has half finished projects all over the farm.
    Apparently he made a good deal of money in the computer software market, and recently went back to that...
    At the end of this season (?) he was remodeling the kitchen for her. I thought that was a very considerate thing to do...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

I bet this trebuchet accident made the mom FURIOUS! I mean, she's borderline affectionate with her husband anyway and merely tolerates the pumpkin farm. Having her son get his head punctured with a skull fragment from a half-assed pumpkin launcher on a farm she's not 100% fond of anyway has got to make her think d-i-v-o-r-c-e.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information