Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Lindsay Lohan May Play Elizabeth Taylor in TV Movie

i think Lindsay should play dead Elizabeth Taylor
    Honeythorn and BITTER like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

Well they say the zombie apocalypse coming so I guess this is proof.

Well, if JLH could play Audrey Hepburn, anything is possible.

Rosie O'Donnell: Lindsay Lohan Isn't "Capable" of Playing Elizabeth Taylor

Entertainment
    April 24, 2012 AT 10:35AM
    By Zach Johnson

Rosie O'Donnell and Lindsay Lohan
    Credit: Chris Haston/NBCU Photo Bank; Joe Scarnici/WireImage.com

Suffice to say, Rosie O'Donnell won't be tuning in for Lindsay Lohan's turn as Elizabeth Taylor in Lifetime's Liz & Dick.

O'Donnell, 50, appeared alongside StarJones and Donny Deutsch on Today's professionals panel Tuesday to weigh in on a variety of topics, one of them being Lohan's latest film role. Though Deutsch, 54, supported Lohan's casting, O'Donnell wasn't as pleased.

"I feel very sorry for her. I think she needs a lot of help," she said of the actress, who's spent the past few years in court and rehab. "She needs time away."

Co-anchor Matt Lauer then asked: "But is it a good idea to cast her?"

"No!" O'Donnell said. "Because she's had a lot of trouble doing every single movie, including SNL. She was out and not at rehearsal. I think she's not in a place to work."

Jones, 50, echoed O'Donnell's sentiments. "I used to think she was extremely talented, but I have not seen enough of her as an actress in recent years to really make an evaluation," she explained.

When Deutsch referred to Lohan, 25, as "our generation's Elizabeth Taylor," O'Donnell lost it. "You're out of your mind. You're a crackhead! Get out of here!" she told him. "The last thing she did good she was 16."

O'Donnell added: "I don't think she's right for the role and I don't think she's capable at this point of doing what's needed."

Fortunately for Lohan, it doesn't matter what O'Donnell thinks: Rob Sharenow, executive vice president o programming for Lifetime told Us Weekly Monday that the network is "thrilled" to have her on board.

Sharenow added: "She is one of the rare actresses who possesses the talent, beauty and intrigue to capture the spirit of such a provocative icon." Liz & Dick is scheduled to begin filming in L.A. in June.
    Read more: Rosie O'Donnell: Lindsay Lohan Isn't "Capable" of Playing Elizabeth Taylor - UsMagazine.com

Good for Rosie.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida

Team Rosie!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I can see Lilo playing a 50-year-old Elizabeth Taylor after years of hard drinking.
    Yes. This I can see.

They couldn't hide Megan Fox's fucking pregnancy.. I mean come on?? Blohan can pull off playing Amy Winehouse, or Courtney Love..but Elizabeth Taylor??? What the fuck did you do Megan, you lost a role to a fucking Lohan!!!
    I Bleed Purple-Baltimore and Proud!

This is a horrific casting decision. I don't understand it. Hopefully it won't see the light of day.

Hello, pot . . .

Michael Lohan: Rosie O'Donnell Is a Talentless FAILURE

Exclusive

Rosie O'Donnell is in no position to bash Lindsay Lohan -- at least according to Lindsay's loyal father, who claims Rosie's a washed-up failure at life ... who only stayed famous because she adopted a bunch of kids.

Michael Lohan tells TMZ, "Who the hell is Rosie O'Donnell to judge anyone, especially Lindsay, who has far more talent than Rosie ever had?"

He says, "Lindsay's talent isn't limited to being a comedian or getting notoriety for adopting and raising a bunch of kids. Sure, [Lindsay] has her pitfalls, but she is 25, and how old is Rosie?" (50, in case you're wondering).

Michael adds, "Two failed talk shows, a failed marriage, etc ... He/she who is without sin. May they cast the first stone."

As we previously reported, Rosie went on "Today" this morning, claiming Lindsay hasn't made a single good film since she was sixteen ... and isn't capable of portraying Liz Taylor in her new movie.
    Michael Lohan -- Rosie O'Donnell Is a Talentless FAILURE | TMZ.com

She lacks Liz's startling good looks...and voluptuous figure. They might be able to do some minor miracle with makeup and lighting, but I don't think that she can pull it off.

WTF? Rosie O'Donnell often makes statements that fundamentally I agree with but I cringe at the way she expresses her opinion. I think this is the first time in a long while that I'm agreeing but not cringing.

I hardly agree with Michael Lohan that Rosie is only famous these days for adopting her kids (and obviously his statement is extra laughable because he's a woman-beating asshole who does everything he can by grabbing some of his daughter's fame). As a non-fan I would say her talk shows and talk show hosting gigs are what are keeping her in the news, but even if she does nothing more in her life I would say her days as a stand-up comic, her role in A League of Their Own, and her original Rosie show (just a few examples) are much more memorable than the work Lindsay has produced and more than qualifies Rosie as someone who can critique Lindsay. And I say that as a former Lindsay fan!
    Get it together Us weekly. And that statement by “Kristen” um obviously wasn’t her. any fan, stan, stalker, kstew role player can tell right away that isn’t her. - a Twihard

I loathe Rosie with every bit of my being. She's a ridiculous old hag. This prevents me from agreeing with her here (even if she might be right).

Come on Bella. Even Trump would agree with Rosie on this one.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Fa reals.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information