Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lifetime movies

Lifetime Channel: woman as victim - Hate them all.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I liked the one where Zack from Saved by the Bell plays a popular, hot rapist who rapes DJ from Full House at a fraternity party and no one will believe her. He torments and ridicules her and turns her into an outcast at their university and it's basically her and her brother, who is in his fraternity, against him. Eventually, they find pictures or something that prove that he raped her and he has to face the backlash.

I also liked "Little Girls in Pretty Boxes," about a gymnast who is basically forced into an eating disorder by her coach. I had a coach who put a LOT of pressure on us and I thought it was actually a pretty realistic portrayal of how brutal the gymnastics world can be.
    I've seen both of those, but in Australia the title of the last one was The Perfect Body. Was Amy Jo Johnson and Wendy Mallick from Just Shoot Me in it? Because then its the same one. I had trouble seeing my beloved Zach Morris playing the asshole. Candace Cameron was in another one called No One Would Tell with Fred Savage from the Wonder Years (couldn't imagine Kevin Arnold being so mean either!)

Hit By Ban Bus!

oh come one .. Lifetime movies are great..my roomate enjoy watching them all day.. especially when hungover

Just a few of my favorites:

-Obsessed.. that one w Jenna Elfman
    -Moment of Truth: A Secret Between Friends
    -Lying Eyes (I saw this when I was like 8 with my maid and it stuck with me.. comes on quite frequently)
    -A Face to Die For
    -Dying to be Perfect
    -A Mother's Revenge

Lifetime is addicting when youre at home. Alone. With your dog.

I love everything about Lifetime Movies esp the Suspense/Thrillers or anything that involves Tiffany Amber Theissan, Tori Spelling, or Shannon Doherty. I def love the dramas too. Not a huge fan of romantic movies

Lifetime Movies are my guilty pleasure- I love Augusta Gone and The Perfect Body

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    I love everything about Lifetime Movies esp the Suspense/Thrillers or anything that involves Tiffany Amber Theissan, Tori Spelling, or Shannon Doherty. I def love the dramas too. Not a huge fan of romantic movies
    With your self-promoting 'Hills' luxurious lifestyle and taste, I'm quite surprised you would list any one of those 3 in your favorites category unless it is because you can personally identify with them~

I too happen to enjoy the Lifetime channel, including their series...especially the new Army Wives. But if one of those 3 happened to be in the promotion for same, I would have to skip it.
    Playful~

Lifetime is what I get to watch when I'm sick! It's part of my healing process!
    I had a pretty nasty cold a few weeks ago, and was laying down when hubby came in. He said, baby, I know you feel bad, but do we have to watch lifetime? It was sweet!
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE lifetime movies, always have ever since 15 and pregnant came out (when i was 15 no less) starring kirsten dunst.

My best friend and I looked forward to this for a week. We sat in her study and laughed from start to finish so much we were crying.

I love all cheesy terrible movies. My favorite lifetime movie phenomenon is the scenario where a "down on their luck" character lives in an "old victorian house" that is wisteria-lane-esq in perfect condition, about 5,000 sq ft with cherry wood throughout, waines coating, plantation shutters, and persian rugs, exotic landscaping -- and although the house contradicts their financial situation they have a 20 year old beater car to try and convince the audience they really are down on their luck. They talk about bills and not being able to afford anything in their estate that were supposed to believe is old and"rustic" but in reality is at least a 3 million dollar house

some classic lifetime for you all: Death of a Cheerleader....classic.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    Another 'classic'.. 'Mother May I Sleep With Danger.' Tori Spelling's bad acting is almost, if not definitely, synonymous with Lifetime movies.

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    Is this where Holly Marie Combs from "Charmed" has her boyfriend kill this girl who likes him?
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    Another 'classic'.. 'Mother May I Sleep With Danger.' Tori Spelling's bad acting is almost, if not definitely, synonymous with Lifetime movies.
    OMG!...i think that is the cheesiet liftime movie like EVER!.....how could i have forgotten it. I saw it like two months ago on HBO...yes, HBO. LOVE the cheesiness of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    Is this where Holly Marie Combs from "Charmed" has her boyfriend kill this girl who likes him?
    NO!...it's where this chick who desperately wants to be in the "in" crowd kills the head cheerleader at her school, because she was well, a real bitch. She was faking that she wanted to be friends with the chick who killed her, then she would talk about her behind her back with her wealthy friends..........Chick who killed her was immensly desperate though, and should have seen that this super popular chick was just playing her.

It's such a classic, im sure you've seen it at least once, you probably just didn't notice.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

I think it's laughable when Tori Spelling is cast as the popular, hot girl.

I KNOW!! Although, I did like Death of a Cheerleader (I think that was the name) when Kellie Martin stabbed her to death....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information