Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last season of the Sopranos

SVZ

Default Re: Last season of the Sopranos

i still haven't watched this, but i like the commercials...i think. they make good music choices

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

They make excellent music choices. Van Morrison being used up at the farm was brilliant. And SVZ, you don't know what you've been missing. This show is absolutely brilliant.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I already added all the seasons of Oz and both the original version of The Office and the first season of the American version to my blockbuster queue based on recommendations of people here. I guess I'll have to add Sopranos in there too.

Did anyone watch it tonight?? Pretty interesting...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ Yeah I need to watch it again b/c I was totally overwhelmed w/ everything that happened; Why'd that guy kill himself? WTF w/ Junior and Tony! (btw I think his fat w/ save his life)! I can't Janice had a little brat and that her husband is so looney w/ his trains and shit, and as always Carmela is still a whore who only responds to expensive gifts (or bribes like a spoiled brat).

It was awesome though; and I have to watch again! But why no previews for next weeks show!!!??!!! that was rude.

Holy shit, cannot believe what happened. Still need to see it again. I had my money on Junior getting shot and although that may still happen, I never saw this one coming. Now Tony will have to struggle with whether or not to give Junior a pass. Sure Junior tried to kill him but he's also off his rocker, so is he really responsible for his actions? This should lead to Tony wondering about his own responsibility for his actions, past and present, particularly where Eugene is concerned. This is becoming Shakesperian.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland
    ^ Yeah I need to watch it again b/c I was totally overwhelmed w/ everything that happened; Why'd that guy kill himself? WTF w/ Junior and Tony! (btw I think his fat w/ save his life)! I can't Janice had a little brat and that her husband is so looney w/ his trains and shit, and as always Carmela is still a whore who only responds to expensive gifts (or bribes like a spoiled brat).

It was awesome though; and I have to watch again! But why no previews for next weeks show!!!??!!! that was rude.
    ^Yeah, what's up with that? I need to watch it again myself, as I didn't get the narration/number thing.
    Boy, didn't expect the Junior/Tony thing at all!

I was totally flipping out when he got shot... does he live..... why didn't they have comming attractions.... they know how to have their fans by the balls

Silver Member
    The First Presleytarian Church Of Elvis The Divine

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch
    They make excellent music choices. Van Morrison being used up at the farm was brilliant. And SVZ, you don't know what you've been missing. This show is absolutely brilliant.
    I really love the show too, you should check out the band A-3, they do the Sopranos theme song and their CDs Exile on Cold Harbor Lane and La Peste are excellent !

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland

I think he killed himself because he was in with the Feds and didn't see a way out. Plus, Tony wouldn't let him retire and move to Florida......I don't think his wife would ever let up on him.
    How You Durrin ?

He'll live...and then be faced with the biggest moral dilemma of his life: whack Junior or give him a pass. He needs Junior's approval and love but has his code of honor to think of. Looks like Sunday nights are booked for awhile.

--Sinclair Lewis

Hopefully they can start the f*cking show on time...It didn't start until 9:07 with its shameless self-promotion.

Great show though! So much going on - I will definitely have to watch it again.

He's not gonna whack Junior. Junior's nuts. He knows that. Can you imagine how many memories this old guy has that at any given time he thinks he's right back in those situations now that he has Alzheimers? But it's *the home* for him for sure now. Which is probably better (as long as it's a cushy one like Livia's) anyway. You need better round the clock care for someone in Junior's state than just family members with no medical/psych experience trading off depending on who's the least busy. But what I don't get is that if he's got money to buy a vehicle like that for his spoiled wife then surely he could afford a live in (or three) for Junior.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

yeah he'll survive b/c I think his fat-ass stomach will save him which in turn makes him an even bigger pig and he'll start enjoying life even more, at everyone else's expense of course, more food, women, partying..

and Carmella is such a high-price whore; I can't get over it, how her eyes light up at the sight of a porcshe and then how she rubs it in Ginny's face, I just wanna slap her!

'Sopranos' Guns Down 'Housewives'

Ratings for HBO's The Sopranos return were not available early today (Monday), but it was readily apparent that they would hit record or near-record levels. ABC's Desperate Housewives, which aired opposite the mob drama, registered a lower-than-average 14.8 rating and a 21 share. In fact, ABC's Grey's Anatomy, which followed at 10:00 p.m., drew bigger numbers -- a 15.0/23. Still, ABC won the night with an average 11.5/17, leaving its rivals well behind. CBS took second place with a 7.3/11,followed by NBC with a 6.8/10, and Fox with a 5.2/8.
    'Sopranos'
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; March 13th, 2006 at 06:55 PM.

'Housewives' Hurt 'Sopranos' -- And Vice Versa

Tony Soprano, it now turns out, has a few more problems than the ones he encountered last Sunday. According to the latest Nielsen figures, Sunday's sixth-season opening episode of The Sopranos averaged 9.5 million viewers, down a whopping 22 percent from its average last season. The dropoff was attributed to competition from ABC's Desperate Housewives, which itself took a big hit in the ratings because of the Sopranos' competition, recording 22.2 million viewers, its smallest audience since December 2004.

Hmmm...does this mean that men no longer control the remote?

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information