Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: John and Kate Plus 8

I don't like her hair either, but I do think she has a very pretty face. I love her eyes.

Her hair wouldnt be so bad if it didnt do that retarded chicken thing in the back like it does.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Her hair doesn't bother me as much as her annoying voice, and the way she speaks to Jon. Someone needs to belittle her like that on camera, and let's see how she reacts to it. She's a bitch!

She likes to pretend to be a stay at home mom, but her schedule suggests otherwise. If she works more than 40 hours per week as she claims, plus she's written 2 books in recent times, then she must not spend any time raising her kids. She seems to have a big ego and a control issue, imo. I never liked the way she talked to Jon, but the way she treated her sister in law sealed the deal for me. She's nothing more than a controlling, narcissistic opportunist who exploits her kids for all they're worth. As for Jon, even though I do feel sorry for him, he's the one who allows himself to be treated like shit on national tv. He needs to stand up for himself and tell her ass off.

ETA: Mady is a spoiled little brat who has no problem disrespecting her mother on live tv because she's treated like a princess who can do no wrong. That crap needs to be corrected asap, or we're looking at a future Paris Hilton.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    That's fucked up, the whole idea of this show, I mean. It's like she purposely had the multiples for the attention they garner her, and is happy to exploit them in a freak-showish way for $$$. From what I've been reading neither Kate nor Jon has worked since having the sextuplets, there's no way they'd have those houses nor the income required to bring up such a huge family like they do if they hadn't sold out their kids' lives. It's a fucked up way to live, imo.
    I don't watch the show anymore for so many reasons. I've tried to think about how I would handle that situation if it were my own, it would be tough. As far as purposely having that many kids, nope. She has PCOS and they did intra-uterine, NOT in-vitro. I think it's usually a round of Clomid (or other drug) with monitoring and normally you get one. Since she had more than one with each pregnancy, I wonder if she would have been inclined to have twins without assistance. During one of the question/answer segments, someone had sent in a question that basically asked how they could have multiples too. J&K both shook their heads stating that their situation was not considered a success and that they did not in any way recommend that to anyone. While I don't think things are truly great for them right now, I do believe that at one time they were just a normal couple who wanted kids and didn't think something like that would happen. Especially with the technique they used.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Quote Originally Posted by mklady View Post
    I don't watch the show anymore for so many reasons. I've tried to think about how I would handle that situation if it were my own, it would be tough. As far as purposely having that many kids, nope. She has PCOS and they did intra-uterine, NOT in-vitro. I think it's usually a round of Clomid (or other drug) with monitoring and normally you get one. Since she had more than one with each pregnancy, I wonder if she would have been inclined to have twins without assistance. During one of the question/answer segments, someone had sent in a question that basically asked how they could have multiples too. J&K both shook their heads stating that their situation was not considered a success and that they did not in any way recommend that to anyone. While I don't think things are truly great for them right now, I do believe that at one time they were just a normal couple who wanted kids and didn't think something like that would happen. Especially with the technique they used.
    I don't think they tried for multiples either but they have damn well taken advantage of it. The new season starts tonight btw lol
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

new season premiering in a few mins. who else will be watching?!

i'm gonna watch. for some odd reason i watched almost ALL of the marathon. *eyeroll*
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

This is an act for the money.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Honestly-anyone who bitches about the morals or lack there of here about these two people exloiting their children is just as bad if they are watching their show-you are just as bad to blame-no audience-no show-if people really felt bad for these kids-they would not support the ratings-sorry to offend not trying to but I am just gonna be honest here...
    Id rather be hated for who I am than loved for who Im not

I had never watched this til tonight, and I gotta say that I kinda hate Kate. She made this "ugh, annoyed" face at the camera after 2 kids came looking for her "like, see what I have to put up with?" and I was done. They are your children, they're looking for attention, that's all. It's not a crime.

i've watched this show forever (shh, i know) but tonight i actually wanted to scream at Kate. she kept saying 'i cared for the children all by myself' or 'jon's not here so i'm doing it by myself'. shit like that. she did nothing but blame him the entire show.

i feel sorry for Jon and the kids.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Default Critics slam season premiere

Critics Pan Season 5 Premiere of Jon & Kate Plus 8
    Tuesday May 26, 2009

Despite all the tears on the dramatic season five premiere of TLC's Jon & Kate Plus 8, critics weren't so sympathetic toward Jon and Kate Gosselin.

At one point in the show, Kate complained that her life was "just so hard" due to media attention and pressures on her marriage.

"Is it really, Kate?" sniped the Baltimore Sun's David Zurwik. "Tell that to a family in which the breadwinner has just lost her or his job, you silly, self-absorbed fool."

New Jersey's Star Ledger also calls out Kate for her hypocrisy over the paparazzi. In a voiceover on Monday's premiere, she says that she tells her kids to call the paparazzi "the P-people" because "I don't want them going to school being like, 'Well, the paparazzi is following us, like, that's so creepy.'"

Says the Star Ledger: "What's creepy is having your children followed around by a camera crew. Any camera crew. Period. It's exploitation, whatever cutesy name you want to give it."

Ken Tucker of Entertainment Weekly notes that Kate made it a point to say she was "alone" about six times on Monday's premiere. (At one point on the show, she complained that "Jon decided he needed a weekend off," so she had to organize the 5-year-old sextuplets' birthday party by herself.)

Says EW: "You just wanted to say, 'We get it! You feel you're the Wronged Woman! Aren't you savvy enough by now to know you're not winning us over?' This was especially true when she noted that 'all of a sudden, your kids are calling you your babysitter's name.' I could almost hear millions of viewers shouting, 'So stay home!'"

Sarah Kickler Kelber of The Baltimore Sun also takes aim at Jon -- who clearly did not want to be on the show -- for not opening up about his marital problems. On the show, he denies cheating on his wife but vaguely apologizes for his "actions."

"It would be so much clearer if they would just say their version of what happened," Kelber writes. "This is just more complicated than it needs to be. It's not like they aren't used to sharing the details of their lives, you know? We saw Jon's hair-transplant surgery as it happened, and Kate recovering from her tummy tuck, and the kids going through potty training. Most of that was probably too much information, but now we aren't quite getting enough."

What was most evident after Monday's premiere is that the tone on the TLC show has changed. The Philadelphia Enquirer. even goes as far as to declare that the show is "adding up to disaster."

Zurwik of The Sun echoes that sentiment.

"For all the nasty and stupid reality shows I have seen over the years, I have to say this one did leave me feeling like I was looking in on something that I shouldn't be watching," he writes.

"What I saw was two people in over their heads, with one of them trying in her incredible arrogance to act like she knew what she was doing -- and an off-camera voice playing the melodrama of these lives for all it was worth," says Zurwik. "The kids mostly got lost in all of that."

Says EW's Tucker, "It's going to be interesting to see how the series settles back into its weekly half-hours of family outings and squabbles -- to see if that's even possible."

News - Critics Pan Season 5 Premiere of Jon & Kate Plus 8 | Usmagazine.com
    Slideshow of how stars look w/Kate's hairstyle:
    Photos - See What Stars Look Like With Kate Gosselin's Hair! | Usmagazine.com

I don't even watch this show but those poor babies...

When they're older guarantee some- if not all of them- will be screwed up because of all of this.

I don't even know anything about them other than from reading news articles but all I can say is Team Jon plus 8!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Have never watched this, though i keep hearing about it. Thank god no one talks about this at work.......rather read a book than watch a reality tv show about 8 children and their blood-sucking parental units.
    Guess i'm crazy
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Okay so I finally bucked up and watched the last half hour of the premiere and all I can say is that the interviews with them were AWKWARD as hell!

I mean, it was bad.

My first impression of Kate was that she seems controlling and like she'd be a mega bitch behind the camera.

Also her constantly kissing her kids and just any interaction between her and them in general came off fake to me...like she's trying so hard to prove she's just the most loving, attentive mother...

Jon came off more natural and like he couldn't even care less if they were on reality t.v. or not seems like he may have gotten dragged into it.

Also in the separate interviews: (badly paraphrased)

Kate: My kids called me by the babysitter's name. I've never had that happen before! It's devastating.

OH BOO-HOO! You're life is SOOOOO hard!

You KNOW that the producers/endorsers of the show pay for practically everything! Ugh.

It just makes me sick. This is why I avoid reality shows with real families.

I'll watch celebrities humiliate themselves but when there are innocent children involved...

Kate: I knew that couples with multiples had double the divorce rate but I honestly thought we'd beat that.

YEAH FUCKIN' RIGHT!

What was the plan Kate? Exploit your kids, get famous and then start fucking George Clooney??!?

^Oh wait...George Clooney wouldn't go near a crazy, money hungry bitch with 8 kids OR with any godforsaken woman with hair like that!

Jeeze it's so sad how this is the only episode I've seen and I strongly dislike this woman.

She screams fake to me...and I'm a pretty good judge of character.

But then again what's new? It seems once you make it 'big' that's it for you.

It'd be nice to see ONE person who hasn't been at ALL affected by their reality fame whoring status...and are the same as they were before getting famous.

I feel so sorry for those kids.

Camera man: So what does the future hold?

Jon:
    *shrugs*
    Kate: Well I can only speak for me and I AM HERE. Blah, blah, blah. I'm here for my kids. I wake up for my kids. I work for my kids. I work harder because of my kids. The reason I breathe is because of my kids. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH MY KIDS. MY KIDS. MY KIDS.

Now, those kids are cute now but when they showed pictures of them at the end as babies they looked like monkey's or some other animal infant...

Yes, I realize they were premature but still.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information