Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: John and Kate Plus 8

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    " JON PAY ATTENTION!"
    LMAO

I caught a little bit of it over the weekend when they were re-newing their vows, in Hawaii, and that was kind of sweet..

Also on another episode (I think they were answering viewer questions) and the question was to kate - they asked her if it bothered her that the kids don't look like her and she said no, it doesn't bother her at all.. she said she preferred that they look like John, she loves the way asians look (thinks they are beautiful), and said she wished she was asian. It was really loving and sweet, her whole answer. Made me like her a tiny bit (until she whacked John and yelled wake up).

j/k she didn't yell wake up
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

That's fucked up, the whole idea of this show, I mean. It's like she purposely had the multiples for the attention they garner her, and is happy to exploit them in a freak-showish way for $$$. From what I've been reading neither Kate nor Jon has worked since having the sextuplets, there's no way they'd have those houses nor the income required to bring up such a huge family like they do if they hadn't sold out their kids' lives. It's a fucked up way to live, imo.

I agree^^^ I thought John still worked. Yeah I don't agree with living off of your batch of kids.

^^I'm with you guys, it is seriously fucked up
    Fabulous!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheWord View Post
    and a place in Utah.

I can't believe TLC pays that much
    I've often wondered how they afford these vacations to Disney World and Hawaii, etc., and now the new million dollar home. They seem to have the best of everything. It just seems wrong on so many levels.

It is always on TV, I'm sure they got smart and negotiated a massive contract with TLC. I would hope that since they are literally selling out their family that they would get paid well for it.

I know I saw once that Jon's dad was super involved with the twins, but died. Not sure about his mom or her husband. I don't ever remember them mentioning Kate's family, other than her brother.

^^ on the vacation front. I'm pretty sure they are getting those vacations for free. If you notice, they mention the name of the resort about a million times in each episode. It's good advertising for the resorts since J&K seems to be the most popular show on TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    ^^ on the vacation front. I'm pretty sure they are getting those vacations for free. If you notice, they mention the name of the resort about a million times in each episode. It's good advertising for the resorts since J&K seems to be the most popular show on TLC.
    I think they get them for free too.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Saw this on another site and thought I'd share..

In a statement last October, TLC attempted to justify the constant filming and exploitation of eight minor children's lives on Jon and Kate Plus 8 by saying "Because of the show, the kids and the family have economic security and the luxury of a mom who can stay at home and raise them." Gosselins Without Pity's response to their statement on 10-19-08, pointed out that Kate and Jon in actuality leave the children all the time. It stated: "We believe that because of the show, Kate is spending even less time with the children than she would have if she worked a day job. Episode after episode, in addition to their speaking schedule, has confirmed that Kate, as well as Jon, leave these children on a regular basis for days at a time."

In the episode All You Want to Know, which aired 1-19-09, Kate tellingly described how much time she spends away from her kids working on the show, which include "the background scheduling ... interviews, the e-mails, the conference calls, the phone calls, the phone meetings, the in person meetings, the magazine article shoots ... phone interviews" which in her words add up to "horrendously more than 40 hours a week" and disturbingly, does not even include time spent "writing books, traveling and speaking." TLC insists that this show is okay because Kate gets to stay home.

But the reality is that Kate is gone from her home and her children on a weekly, sometimes even daily basis. And even if she is home, she is obviously too busy with interviews and phone calls to pay attention to her kids. Below is a compilation of Kate's publicity schedule of just the past several months that demonstrates just how often this stay-at-home mom ISN'T home.

October 6 Shilling for Kmart Layaway Program NYC (K)
    October 8-11 Southern Orlando Women's Show Orlando, FL (J&K)
    October 16 GMA & Fox & Friends Appearance NYC (J&K+8)
    November 14-15 PA/DE Women of Purpose Conference Hershey, PA (K)
    November 28 P&G Coupon Store Opening NYC (K)
    December 10 Rivertown Mall, Grandville, MI (K)
    December 12 Shuler Books Lansing, MI (K)
    December 18 Hackman's Bible Store, Allentown, PA (K)
    January 10-11 First Assembly of God Church Marcy, NY (K)
    January 12? Utah Trip (J&Cara)
    January 13 Coffee with Kate at Seacoast Church Mt. Pleasant, SC (K)
    January 15 Northwoods Mall N. Charleston, SC (K)
    January 22 Ladies' Night Out Houston, TX (K)
    January 31 Sovereign Performing Arts Center Reading, PA (Jon)
    January 31-Feb. 1 Willow Creek Plum Grove, IL (K)
    February 4 Indianapolis Home Show (K)
    Gosselins Without Pity: TLC's Stay-at-home Mom (Kate) is in actuality never home.

they showed old videos of the past before kids with John and Kate. If you watch them, john was funny, outgoing, fun. Now that she's pretty much crushed his dick into the ground, he's nothing but whipped. its sad, because i really like him.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter View Post
    I think they get them for free too.
    I do too, they constanlty metion the place and how nice it was, etc...
    Fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    Saw this on another site and thought I'd share..

In a statement last October, TLC attempted to justify the constant filming and exploitation of eight minor children's lives on Jon and Kate Plus 8 by saying "Because of the show, the kids and the family have economic security and the luxury of a mom who can stay at home and raise them." Gosselins Without Pity's response to their statement on 10-19-08, pointed out that Kate and Jon in actuality leave the children all the time. It stated: "We believe that because of the show, Kate is spending even less time with the children than she would have if she worked a day job. Episode after episode, in addition to their speaking schedule, has confirmed that Kate, as well as Jon, leave these children on a regular basis for days at a time."

In the episode All You Want to Know, which aired 1-19-09, Kate tellingly described how much time she spends away from her kids working on the show, which include "the background scheduling ... interviews, the e-mails, the conference calls, the phone calls, the phone meetings, the in person meetings, the magazine article shoots ... phone interviews" which in her words add up to "horrendously more than 40 hours a week" and disturbingly, does not even include time spent "writing books, traveling and speaking." TLC insists that this show is okay because Kate gets to stay home.

But the reality is that Kate is gone from her home and her children on a weekly, sometimes even daily basis. And even if she is home, she is obviously too busy with interviews and phone calls to pay attention to her kids. Below is a compilation of Kate's publicity schedule of just the past several months that demonstrates just how often this stay-at-home mom ISN'T home.

Gosselins Without Pity: TLC's Stay-at-home Mom (Kate) is in actuality never home.
    coughcontrolfreakcough

Well I guess it's good that she's passionate about the show and wants it to be... good? enlightening?

T4P.. this was interesting!

Bronze Member GossipJunkieBBFan's Avatar

I love the Gosselin family! They're so cute!

right
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

I'm kinda new to the show. I do think Kate is a control freak. However, The GWOP people are mostly a bunch of crazies. They go so far as e-mailing and harassing the ministers of the churches where Jon and Kate are speaking and telling them that the parents, mostly Kate, are abusive.
    As for the kids, Mady wears on my nerves. My favorite is Alexis. I think she's a hoot. Loud, but a hoot. Her alligator love is so cute and funny.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information