Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Jason Voorhees is Finally Coming Back, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    If it isn't Kane Hodder they can suck my dick, I'm not watching.
    i hate scary shit with every fiber of my being, but hub said even though he's not a youngster anymore, he's without a doubt the only one that should be playing him
    Air Quotes likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    he's without a doubt the only one that should be playing him
    There has been 12 Friday the 13th films. If you include Freddy vs Jason, and the Jason character has appeared as an adult in 11 of them, and Kane Hodder has only played Jason in 4 of them. So this isn't like Robert Englund playing Freddy Kruger. This is a role suited for stuntmen. So it's open to be played by several people. And it should be when one of them gets old, or doesn't fit how they want the character to be.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    There has been 12 Friday the 13th films. If you include Freddy vs Jason, and the Jason character has appeared as an adult in 11 of them, and Kane Hodder has only played Jason in 4 of them. So this isn't like Robert Englund playing Freddy Kruger. This is a role suited for stuntmen. So it's open to be played by several people. And it should be when one of them gets old, or doesn't fit how they want the character to be.
    i was just repeating hubs comment.
    joebob likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

And I agree with your husband. Stuntman or not, Hodder made it his own imo.
    msdeb and gas_chick like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    And I agree with your husband. Stuntman or not, Hodder made it his own imo.
    So you think they should let him turn Jason into a zombie in then next one? Jason wasn't even dead in the original, and didnt actually die until the 3rd. Kane's zombie Jason didn't show up until the 7th.

Wow, now if we were talking about Halloween I could participate. I love all the horror movies, but Halloween is my favorite.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Mine too Shellee.

I don't mind them turning him into a zombie. I found the character slightly boring until he showed up, I just really enjoy the way he plays him.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Kane is awesome as Jason and a big fan favorite. I'd love to see him do it again. I'm a Vorwhore.

Kane Hodder didn't give Jason any personality. Not saying I hate him as Jason. Since nothing can be as bad as the Frankenstein Jason in Freddy vs Jason, but people act as if he was amazing, when he wasn't. Sure, he made Jason his own, but that doesn't mean it was a good thing.

I actually liked seeing Jason run. Which alot of people seem to forget he did do in the early ones.
    The remake sucked balls and I wanted to love it as I do most all of the others except Part 5 which blew chunks. I've watched these movies over and over and over and can't recall Jason breaking into a run. A brisk walk yes and caught them every single time.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Gold Member

The remake was better than parts 5, 8, and 9.

I, too, am TOTALLY MYSTIFIED by the idea that there is someone ideally suited for the Jason role. However, I could be missing something, since I didn't see any Friday the 13th movies after #4. Does Jason ever say a single word in any of the Friday the 13th films? Is he ever seen without a giant mask that completely negates the facial features of whatever particular actor is playing him? For example, do they have flashbacks to before his mom thought he died - where you would see Kane Hodder's actual face? Is there some really spellbinding way that Kane Hodder lurches around that just entrances people?
    witchcurlgirl, joebob and mjw like this.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I, too, am TOTALLY MYSTIFIED by the idea that there is someone ideally suited for the Jason role. However, I could be missing something, since I didn't see any Friday the 13th movies after #4. Does Jason ever say a single word in any of the Friday the 13th films? Is he ever seen without a giant mask that completely negates the facial features of whatever particular actor is playing him? For example, do they have flashbacks to before his mom thought he died - where you would see Kane Hodder's actual face? Is there some really spellbinding way that Kane Hodder lurches around that just entrances people?
    Only as a kid when he is drowning does he ever speak. You never seen Kane's face as Jason. Just the horribly dead decaying face of Jason in the later films. Tho Kane is in Jason goes to hell, where he plays a security guard that is killed off camera by Jason when Jason is inside the body of the guy doing the autopsy of his body.

There is nothing special about what he does. He just slowly moves and will suddenly move his head around very quickly. Dozens of stuntment that happen to be big could do what he does.
    Last edited by joebob; December 3rd, 2013 at 10:40 AM.

Mo-there is just something about Kane Hodder. The stance and the kills. I don't know but I'm a huge fan of the series and he is my favorite. Slasher movie nerd alert!

Oh and sorry I still stand by my it is a brisk walk. You couldn't call that shit a jog much less a run. Like I said I wanted to like the remake but it was not Jason. Not even close.
    Air Quotes likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Mo-there is just something about Kane Hodder. The stance and the kills. I don't know but I'm a huge fan of the series and he is my favorite. Slasher movie nerd alert!

Oh and sorry I still stand by my it is a brisk walk. You couldn't call that shit a jog much less a run. Like I said I wanted to like the remake but it was not Jason. Not even close.
    The biggest problem with Kane as Jason is that there isn't much of an intimidating thing going on with him. He just stands there and kills people. There is no emotion from Jason at all. He turns Jason into a cardboard cut out.

I like angry pissed off Jason the best.

Ted White was probably the best Jason. He played him in part 4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information