Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Some scenes with Cruise were so very, very campy they had us on the floor laughing. I thought Kirstin Dunst was the best thing about it> very impressive for a 12 or 13 year old!
    The first, last and only time Kiki was ever appealing.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I HATED those movies, probably because I was in love with the books sine high school and the movies totally ruined them.
    Interview is good - done very well, and stands alone. It really only changes the end.. .oh, and Armand's age which always shits me - he's supposed to be 17!!

Queen... oh sweet jesus, could they have fucked it up any more if they'd tried??!!! They got the look and feel of the film right, and a decent goth soundtrack, but just fucked up the story so badly. Like, took all the good parts of Lestat and QOD and threw them aside. Awful, awful movie!

I too loved the books since early high school!

I liked the books. That fucking movie Queen of the Damned should be taken off shelves everywhere - it sucked harder than a hoover.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Ugh I hated the movie. They ruined the book. Tom Cruise so SUCKED. And thus began my lifetime of the GDM (Gay Dwarf Midget). He was so miscast. Pitt would have been better as Lestat. The following movies were just abominations. Poor Anne Rice had to see her awesome work turned into crap.

meh - at least they never got to Lasher or those Mayfair witches ...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Anne Rice hated that they cast Tom Cruise.......she was furious about it at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    meh - at least they never got to Lasher or those Mayfair witches ...

Definitely, since those were the best .
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Anne Rice hated that they cast Tom Cruise.......she was furious about it at the time
    Yeah I read that. You'd think they would have a little respect for the author's opinion. Lestat was a tall, strapping blonde God. To cast little Tommy Cruise, gah, it was unbelievable.

Has anyone ever read Anne's erotic works? I forget the pen name she uses, but they are pretty..erm..uh interesting to say the least. A boyfriend bought all of them and we read them on vacation. Yeah he was a kinky guy. hehehe.

Yes, I've read the Anne Rampling novels. Mildly titillating, but not all that.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yes, I've read the Anne Rampling novels. Mildly titillating, but not all that.
    No? Color me an inexperienced Catholic girl then because women made up to be horses with butt plugs for tails was definitely out of my realm of experience. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    No? Color me an inexperienced Catholic girl then because women made up to be horses with butt plugs for tails was definitely out of my realm of experience. LOL.
    wowza - butt plugs *sniggers*
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

one of my top 30 favorites! Awesomeness so amazing on so many levels!

i also love the gay erotic subtheme and Brad Pitt is amazing in this and even Tom Cruise (someone i hate, is amazing in it) and that little brat Kirsten Dunst too!

I enjoyed he movie for what it was, a period piece. Of all the work The Midget has done, he did pretty well here (and it pains me to say that). I never found Pitt that engaging in the movie, he seemed way more bland.

I did enjoy the soundtrack very much, however.. Eliott Goldenthal (also did Alien 3, quite good)
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I thought it could have been so much better with different casting. Kiki was the only well cast role.

One great erotic vampire movie that totally respected the original novel was The Hunger with Catherine Denuve, David Bowie and Susan Sarandon. It was an awesome book and the movie was just as good. Perfectly cast.

The soundtrack is really good.

I read the first four books and liked them quite a bit. I tried to read the rest of the vampire books (the ones about Memnoch, Armand, etc). but could not get into to any of them.

After seeing Tom Cruise in the role of Lestat, didn't Anne Rice end up taking out a full-page advertisement in some big-name publication where she basically took back all the bad things she said about him?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information