Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Intervention

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

wow thats good to hear! ^

fgg

did anyone see erin's episode? that is one fucked up marriage. no idea how they were able to get past all of that and stay together. her husband is strange with the non-moving face. i kept expecting a total slingblade quote moment.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    did anyone see erin's episode? that is one fucked up marriage. no idea how they were able to get past all of that and stay together. her husband is strange with the non-moving face. i kept expecting a total slingblade quote moment.
    Yes, their relationship was beyond strange. Even at the end they seemed weird. No real smiling or touching.. weird!
    I was captivated by the way his mouth didn't move when he talked.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Haven't caught this one yet but the one with the meth addict from Tennessee had me captivated. I was surprised and happy that he was still sober as of the airing. This show is addicting itself!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

yeah i think it was sick and twisted - plain and simple. thats not a normal relationship thats a toxic existence together. and they're working on a 2nd baby?! yeah, so she can keep him content and at bay and not have to work

Elite Member

There is no way they could get beyond all the crap they put each other through. And she only did rehab for 30 days?

I predict that family is going to meet a disasterous end, all shot or the house burned to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    yeah i think it was sick and twisted - plain and simple. thats not a normal relationship thats a toxic existence together. and they're working on a 2nd baby?! yeah, so she can keep him content and at bay and not have to work
    How could they afford to have that giant house built from his sole income from Bible World (or Christian World was it?)

They were still so angry and grim. Scary hillbillies with money.

Sorry, I just watched this episode last night. Found it hidden in my DVR.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I had to give this show up-just too upsetting and depressing.

fgg

anyone watch this week's episode? these people almost always have some serious tramas in their past. that second "boarding school" looked like a jail!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I had to give this show up-just too upsetting and depressing.
    Yeah, it can be. It can also be so exhilarating. So many times I'm so sure an addict won't make it, they will bust out of rehab within a week and back in grandma's basement snorting anything with a sting to it. But amazingly, they stay clean, they become rational people who want to take on life without props.

That transformation, in the most unlikely cases, makes my jaw drop every single time. I really can't call who will win over addiction and who won't...even the mentally ill, some succeed and I can't tell why.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

yeah i saw it fgg, im glad she's clean and hopefully healthy, hope she stays that way...

A*O

I find it very depressing too. I'm glad they don't just show the "good outcome" stories because the reality is that most hopeless addicts need several attempts at sobriety and even then many of them just can't say goodbye to whatever it is that's killing them - including their enabling families.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I saw this last night (hadn't seen it in a while) and was so happy for the gal (Jamie) that went into rehab and was doing pretty good at the end. Her family, tho... wow I'm surprised Candy didn't knock one of them out-lol. She wanted to drop kick the father for sure. He was an attention whore and immature. When he threw his papers, at the intervention, it was plain to see Candy's frustration and disgust.

During the show it said, on the screen, her and her sister snorted ketamine. What is ketamine? Never heard of it. I will google it but was surprised I hadn't heard of it-lol.

They were also showing previews for a new show called Relapse.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

I caught most of last night's episode with Jamie, and was so shocked to see the update at the end that she was doing so well. I thought she was a lost cause for sure. It is always so surprising to see who stays sober and who relapses after this show. I almost never guess it right!
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

Quote Originally Posted by MsChiff View Post

During the show it said, on the screen, her and her sister snorted ketamine. What is ketamine? Never heard of it. I will google it but was surprised I hadn't heard of it-lol.
    Animal Tranquilizer.

Man I haven't watched this show in a minute! Maybe once The Bachelor ends, I'll pick it up again. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

^Thank you Lax. I think I had heard about that briefly a while back. It sounds so horrific. I picture putting an elephant or tiger out. It doesn't sound as soothing as a Valium..
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Thread Information