Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Intervention

KD
    Elite Member

I seldom ever turn the tv on, except to watch sports, but I have caught this show 3 times. Personally, I find it enthralling. My family have all struggled with mostly alcholism although I have never been part of any intervention. I admit, one show made me cry although I can't remember the guys name. I believe he was an alcoholic and also did heroin? He seemed liked a nice guy. You can also go to a board that has followups from the show and from what I have read that paticular person has stayed sober. It can be found on www.A&E.com, then follow the links. Many people who go to the website also struggle with addictions and/or family/friends addictions. I just wanted to check up on the people I had seen on the shows. I find it the show very disturbing and very real.

I love this show, it shows the reality of drugs. Scares the crap out of me and I would like my teenagers to see it.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Anyone remember the one with the 18 yr old (?) drunk blonde guy. At the intervention they bribed him with a 12 pack to stay and he only went to rehab to get his dog out of the pound. He waked out of rehab and got a beer about 5 min later.

Yeah, I think he's a complete lost cause. But you never know -- he is still very young. His mother was beside herself with worry and grief.

I think this is a cool show. I only saw the ep mentioned by "pinkbunnyslippers", the one with the teen heroine user and the son of a singer from three dog night.

I think the latter is doomed. The girl seems like she might be okay.

Are any of you addicts and alchies...I love this-because-for once-if you aren;t you really don;t know-so STFU!!!!

I never presumed to know, just saying the show is interesting to watch.

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas View Post
    Are any of you addicts and alchies...I love this-because-for once-if you aren;t you really don;t know-so STFU!!!!
    Just wondering where that came from?

Quote Originally Posted by KD View Post
    Just wondering where that came from?
    You know I am an alcoholic...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ are you currently practicing?

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ are you currently practicing?
    Wha???wha??? why do you ask...does it make you love me less? so yes, yes-I am drinking!!

KD
    Elite Member

And? No one was professing to be an expert, just making observations regarding the show. I too was well on my way and am happily sober for going on 10 years, November 19th will be my anniversary. My mom, Biodad, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and cousins are all active alcoholics with the exception of my biofather. At age 57, he is celebrating 18 months of sobriety. The FIRST in his adult life.

Me drinking is like being made of straw and playing with matches. If I did not quit when I did, I would have drowned in the bottle like my family members have. I would love for my mother to quit, she even went through a bout of cancer and is in complete remission AND STILL DRINKS. Her current husband, her 4th, his 5th marriage, is also an alcoholic who ALSO went through cancer treatment. They are a boozy match made in Heaven. There have been times where they agreed ahead of time to watch my child(ren) and when I showed up, they were obviously intoxicated.

FTR, I do not drink at all. Ever. I can't.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Wha???wha??? why do you ask...does it make you love me less? so yes, yes-I am drinking!!
    no but i've noticed your jekkel come out lately. oh and btw I will always love U I take the good w/ the very bad

there are other addictions featured..gambling..eating disorders..etc. And I do know about some addictions..it is not exclusively about alchies and druggies. But I admit they do feature prominently. Also there are cross addictions and dual diagnoses stuff too. That gay guy with the meth had a raging sex addiction along with his meth addiction. I can't remember if they have brought up dual diagnosis or cross addiction on this show? Actually most people I have who known who had problems with addiction have had problems with more than one..usually drugs and alcohol..or drugs and sex addiction.

*dammit I need to get an addiction that is at least productive..like compulsive exercising or workaholism! lol*
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    That one with the meth-head gay guy was scary. He seemed totally doomed to me.

OMG...he was disgusting...he really scared me...because he was sooo reckless with his life...not just the drugs but the unprotected sex too...he was like a SEX and Meth Addict...OH BOY

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information