Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Intervention

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    Oh really.

I watched last night.. couldn't believe Jeff Van Vondren.. fell off the wagon. DId you notice how much weight he has lost too.
    what happened to Jeff? what was his drug of choice???????? thats sad, he's the one i never woulda thought that happened to!

I think he said it was alcohol. He looked on the verge of tears at times. I wish him the best. I Tivo'd it, so have only watched the first half.

That Dillon guy was an a-hole and you could tell his mom was irritated with him. He thought God was his line to recovery. No offense, but a 12 step program wouldn't hurt either you fool.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    what happened to Jeff? what was his drug of choice???????? thats sad, he's the one i never woulda thought that happened to!
    Yeah it was alcohol.. from what I gathered.

awwww thats terrible i thought something was off about him in the Allison episode (the huffer girl), my favorite though is the younger guy who is a former meth addict; he's like a robot, totally un-bendable.

This has a lot of info on all the addicts that were on the show.

Intervention (TV series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Jeff VanVonderen disclosed that he had taken a leave of absence from Intervention in order to sort out personal issues associated with a relapse into his own past addiction.

awww thats freakin sad i get so mad at addicts but at the same time i do have sympathy for most too....its complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    WAIT--the Interventionst FELL OFF THE WAGON? Jeff? He's the BEST!!!

Anyone catch the one, might have been last season, the guy that lived in Vegas, owned a bunch of tanning salons and was a totally alchy? Dude was drinking straight vodka all day long.....

And he DIED!!!! It was heartbreaking!
    Holy crap, did the guy die before the intervention??

I watched the follow up show last night. Everybody looked thinner to me?! That Dillon still doesn't have it together, his mom looked like she is at the end of her rope with him.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

yeah but that poor guy who died had a whole lot of awful wounds from his childhood; it makes me really sad b/c most of these ppl have been molested or seriously abused in some way and think that they're over it and are coping but wind up addicted to something and hiding their problems and pain. its really sad cuz then the addiction becomes their problem on top of the problems they already had from nasty parents and/or nasty things happening to them as kids.

They showed Sylvia's episode before the special last night. BF and I were at a hotel last night and were flipping channels trying to find ESPN so we could watch football and stumbled on it. I got really worried when I saw that ep was on b/c they usually reair them when there are updates, and it usually seems to be a big relapse. I'm glad to see how well she's doing, that is one of the ones that sticks in my mind, I remember feeling so bad for her when it first aired.

I'm watching it now and I'm sad for Jeff, but I'm glad he's taking the time to work his stuff out and get sober again.

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    ^^i just checked and didnt find it. it will proably be there later. however, i did come across this extremly interesting "supposedly banned by A&E" epi of this guy addicted to masturbation. funny, but sad. sorry if it's already been posted...i thought it might be interesting to discuss.

YouTube - Intervention Masturbation Episode ** Banned by A&E **
    OMG... lmao (never at addiction) just this banned by A&E clip.. it is so fake but I laughed a couple of times. (Schindler's Fist)
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyKorn View Post
    Holy crap, did the guy die before the intervention??

I watched the follow up show last night. Everybody looked thinner to me?! That Dillon still doesn't have it together, his mom looked like she is at the end of her rope with him.
    No, he died after the Intervention. He went to rehab, though never admitted he had a 'problem', even after being in rehab for months. So, he was kicked out and died a few months later. It was horribly heartbreaking. He had done a lot w/his life, though had suffered a lot to get to that point. Just truly sad.

yep ^ 2 ppl who had kids who shouldn't have, the dad abused then leaves the family and the mom tried to live off her son. it was sad.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    No, he died after the Intervention. He went to rehab, though never admitted he had a 'problem', even after being in rehab for months. So, he was kicked out and died a few months later. It was horribly heartbreaking. He had done a lot w/his life, though had suffered a lot to get to that point. Just truly sad.
    I couldn't believe how in denial he was! and my mouth just draped for a good 5 minutes when I read that he died!!!! That was very very sad for his whole family and what could have been. They all loved him so much.. even his employees that would come over just to help him.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

^^OMG yes, the employees!! They were the ones that actually took care of him at the end!!

So sad. I was really stunned too the first time I saw the episode, and even watched it again, knowing what happens and STILL was shocked as dumb as that sounds.

HOLY SHIT.. I just watched the Allison/Huffer one.. she was in BAD SHAPE.

Thread Information