Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Intervention

Wow. Just wow. This woman, Leslie... her alcholism is at the same level that that bulimic's was at in an episode from a year or two ago, and as the girl that ran around naked, cracked out of her mind from another episode.
    Jesus... I watched this entire episode literally with my mouth hanging open. What killed me the most was the oldest son... he said something like 'I used to cry for my old mom. I dont cry anymore.'
    These poor kids have been subjected to this madness, this chaotic and destructive cancer, for the past 6 years and I'm positive theres emotional damage that's already been done that no amount of therapy can ever resolve.
    This woman is just unbelievable. Mouthwash... are you joking? Her husband looks like he's about to just snap... having to babysit her when she pukes (in the kitchen, btw, right in front of the daughter) and has to get up and confront her in the hallway everytime she tries to sneak another swig in.
    The breaking point was just watching her lying down in the front yard... ironically, amidst her children's playthings and bicycles. Her kids just looked at her and walked by... none of them bothered to help her. It was just shocking really... her ordeal has caused them to become so numb to the human condition of addiction that they no longer feel sympathy for their own parent, something I still struggle with no matter how much I tell myself my father isn't worthy of my effort.
    This episode was seriously just amazingly painful to watch. The kid factor made this quite possible the most heart-wrenching intervention I've seen in a while.
    I really hope she stays clean.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I know; it made me cry when i watched the intervention and they were all crying and you could see how broken they were even the interventionist was crying.

Silver Member

I can honestly say I have never been affected so much by this program. Usually I detest the addicted person and have no pity for them, but this woman just seemed so far gone she didn't know what she was doing.

I just say the one with Anthony from Jersey Shore....the kid whos family owns all the pizza places.

I thought it was so sad. i hope he keeps it together. Everyone was trying to send him to rehab when the entire family especially the mom and pop needed to got to rehab too.

It said that the mom started attending Al-Non meetings, so maybe shes trying to get it together. Though i dont remember her being addicted to alchohol.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Al-Anon is for the families of alcoholics, not specifically alcoholics.

^^^ahhhhh, but he was on heroin...or crack-are they the same?
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
    OMG, I am watching this right now about the PTA mom who is an alcoholic. I can hardly stand to watch it, her poor kids. I am close to tears seeing them having to watch their mother pissed out of her mind.
    So many aspects of this show were so absolutely unreal to me. And I've lived with severe alcoholics so it takes a lot to shock me. So sad that her kids just skipped past her as she's passed out on the front lawn. They are going to be messed up for sure. I don't know that that's the kind of stuff you can get passed, y' know?

How her husband, love or not, could take that shit day in and day out - I can't understand. I love my husband too, but I'd drop him at his parents house or a rehab center and not let him back in till he cleaned himself up. And drinking mouthwash? I've never even heard of that. It's crazy!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i know that mouthwash part and passing out on your front lawn part was pretty damn sad.

I watched this for the very first time this past weekend, and my 11yo son watched it with me. After it was over he turned to me and said, wow, I guess you are a pretty good mom. Which felt nice, but I was too busy sniffling over this horrid story.

The part that really killed me was when she was digging in the trash for droplets that might be left in the gin bottles right in front of her little girl. I was just floored that anyone could be THAT bad with their addiction.

I also don't believe her reaction to the intervention. It was just too blithe and easy for her. I think she was saying what everyone wanted to hear at the time. I doubt she'll stay clean much longer than it takes for her to get off probation.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I also don't believe her reaction to the intervention. It was just too blithe and easy for her. I think she was saying what everyone wanted to hear at the time. I doubt she'll stay clean much longer than it takes for her to get off probation.
    I think she knew it was coming. Honestly, how can anyone not know they're taking part in this show, what with all the candid interviews, the spelling of the name at the beginning of the show, and the 'final interview' with a family member. She was asking for a manicure on the way to the 'final interview'... not alcohol.. I doubt an alcoholic would completely recover from three weeks in jail enough to not want a slug of vodka in their first seconds of freedom.

She's been sober since sometime in early June,... I dont want to be pessimistic but dont count your chickens before they hatch. She seems mentally unstable enough to let one relapse totally undo all the progress there seems to have been.

Bronze Member

I watched last night, and WOW.....what a waste. I was sooo mad this woman gave up. She had money, family, and a beautiful home. She threw it all away. I was really hoping she was going to get help. I was even more upset that I watched the whole show, and there wasn't a happy ending.

I just watched that one too, but only the last fifteen minutes. It was the wealthy woman who had a limo drive her 1200 miles to go to the rehab.

I was so pissed at how spoiled and entitled she seemed. Her family worked so hard to help her, and she even had her own private therapist go with her.

Then after getting there, she didn't even want to stay. she couldn't see a life without booze and was very afraid.

Turns out she only stayed for two days and split. I see no hope for her. She's just too far gone.

me too.....it was a very rough episode and I hate seeing others (especially kids) cry like that. It was so sad since they wanted so badly for their mother to get better and she was so far into her addiction it was impossible for them to reach out to her.

Sometimes when these people are in the depths of addiction they don't realize what it looks like to those around them or us (as viewers)- objectively. They don't see how bad they really are, and I think they're probably surprised after watching themselves on TV later. Because when it's happening to you there's often a sense of "I'll be ok"- people feel invincible sometimes. But when it's happening to others and you can't control it it feels worse (usually). That's why I sympathize for the families much more than I do for the addicts themselves (not to say that I don't sympathize with the addicts also).

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    I know; it made me cry when i watched the intervention and they were all crying and you could see how broken they were even the interventionist was crying.

A few days ago I watched the one about the meth addict kid in the small Oklahoma town. So awful when the crippled grandfather read his thing and the guy just went back in his trailer. And for some reason I was so mad at the mother-knowing the father was a high school drop out, a drug addict, and then marrying him anyway thinking she could change him, then having a kid(the meth addict intervention kid), being abused by the drug addict husband, and then waiting Ten freaking years to divorce him???? Why would the stupid dolt wait ten years to leave that prick and expose her son to that? With the nature(dad a druggie) and the nurture(growing up with said dad and watching him abuse mom and degrade everyone) did the kid have a chance really? Plus being bi-polar? I doubt he will stay clean and stay on his meds.

*And all that stupid praying the family did..you spent years praying..and yet here he was doing meth and you were

-paying for his trailer
    -paying for his cellphone
    -paying for his pick-up truck

All while he used the meth.

Idiots.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I wish there were updates. We watched an episode of this in one of my classes- featuring a heroin addict named Audrey and an alcoholic driving instructor. I really was curious as to what happened with them.

Thread Information