Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inside Man

Default Re: Inside Man

When the movie came out, my friends and I chose to see V for Vendetta instead. I'm partial to see Inside Man but only due to Clive Owen

Is it that good? Looks like I will have to rent it later when the DVD comes out.

Default Re: Inside Man

Saw it this weekend and loved it!

Excellent movie! Just got it on DVD. But i do have a few questions:

1) What exactly was Jodie Foster's profession? Looked like something in Real Estate, and that she did favors for rich people on the side, due to her having dirt on the mayor?

2) Why did Clive Owen leave the ring, but keep the Nazi documents? If he wanted the detectives to "follow the ring" to find out about his past, then why wouldn't he just make it easy and leave the documents. Or at least copies of them?

3) If the old guy owned the bank, why wouldn't he have gone in during the week after the robbery and taken what was left out of his safe deposit box? It was an entire week before Denzel found the box and opened it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Tot View Post
    Excellent movie! Just got it on DVD. But i do have a few questions:

1) What exactly was Jodie Foster's profession? Looked like something in Real Estate, and that she did favors for rich people on the side, due to her having dirt on the mayor?
    I'm writing all my answers in white so people don't get spoiled if they care.

She exactly was a Real Estate broker. Her job involves her knowing inside information, so she uses that to her advantage whenever she can, of course.

2) Why did Clive Owen leave the ring, but keep the Nazi documents? If he wanted the detectives to "follow the ring" to find out about his past, then why wouldn't he just make it easy and leave the documents. Or at least copies of them?
    The kept the documents for blackmail purposes. They just wanted the guy to know that they had the power to let people find out what he had done. If they had just told everybody off the bat, then they would have nothing to bargain with.

3) If the old guy owned the bank, why wouldn't he have gone in during the week after the robbery and taken what was left out of his safe deposit box? It was an entire week before Denzel found the box and opened it.
    It was a crime scene, they wouldn't let just anybody go in and take what they want. It was an ongoing investigation!

Thanks for your answers. I thought about the blackmail thing, but then I didn't get why he left the ring. I will probably watch it again. Great movie!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information