Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inglourious Basterds

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Actually the Japanese waterboarded, and the US military considered it torture.
    that's just crazy talk.stop the logic.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

sorry, it just spills out in the face of duhhhhh.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I'm glad everyone liked the movie. I haven't seen it yet and was kind of on the fence about it.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    that's just crazy talk.stop the logic.
    Logic is a 4-letter word....Wait, L-O-G-I-C, that's 5-letters right? nvm

k. then i'll be the first to admit: i dont share the love for the movie.

I expected much more from all the great reviews and things ppl I know said. But it just didn't do it for me.

I did like the actors - Christoph Waltz is insanely good - and I enjoyed the multilingual aspect.

However, I didn't enjoy the stereotype(s) Tarantino showed - it seemed a bit shallow and honestly, *Spoiler* the change in history puzzled me.

don't hate, please ;o)

eobane, i was also going wtf regarding your spoiler but I just decided not to take the film seriously at all and it worked much better. I think that's how it's intended.

Gold Member

Saw this on Monday and loved it! I love anything Tarantino, really. I liked how the characters who were German and French spoke in German and French.

I loved it! I don't like Tarantino, I thought Kill Bill was entertaining but too long, Pulp Fiction - well, I don't remember anything so I'm not into the Tarantino cult but I have to give credit to the man, he has a great eye for talents. And I'm happy so many great Austrian and German actors could introduce themselves - and with what astonishing performances. It managed to suck me in and make me take part in this make-believe. I also loved the music. The only thing I thought too much is graphic violence. They should have toned it down just a notch or choose the I'm not showing it but you can imagine way of doing it...
    Anyway, great film, will get it on DVD.

(oh and this film made me realise that all those years of German lessons were not useless at all)

so i FINALLY saw 'inglourious basterds'. and loved it. christoph waltz is a genius and really the whole cast is awesome, including brad pitt. his aldo rayne is at the limit of being a caricature and just hilarious. and the whole story is just awesome. and i know it's full of violence and scalping and stuff but the whole thing made me feel a little giddy and i laughed a lot.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    I'm glad everyone liked the movie. I haven't seen it yet and was kind of on the fence about it.
    I didn't...
    "Well isn't that special"

I love LOVE this movie (I am an admitted Tarantino fantard) but really, he outdid himself on Inglourious Basterds, IMO. Christophe Waltz deserves every award he gets this season as Col. Landa. Brad is HILARIOUS as Aldo Raine, Diane Kruger is great as Bridget von Hammersmark, Melanie Laurent is pure ice queen as Shoshanna....and the list just goes on. My fave movie of the year! The DVD is packed full of extra goodies too, I was so happy to get it for Christmas.

I would love to be in one of his movies! I LOVE QT, And I love this movie! It is so wild. I love QT's ability to create these interesting conversations between the characters , Not just typical movie convo, more like real talk between regular people.
    Although I could have seen it ending in many diff. ways. I thought it came out like it should have. and boy wasn't Brad Pitt a ham! In that Tux he reminded me of Brando.

But my favorite part was the tension between Shoshanna and Landa in Paris at the restaurant. If I were her my restraint wouldn't have been so held back. I prob. would have ripped his face off right then and there.
    and then when he goes all looney towards the end where he thinks he is some kind of war hero.... lol... Christoph is such a great actor! He made the movie for me!

If he doesn't win an Oscar I am gonna kick some ass!

"I think we have a Bingo!"

I'm going to have to add myself to the Meh, not so much, group. Any scene with Brad the Architect in it was idiotic, although Christoph W. was quite brilliant. All in all, I was disappointed and thought the premise a bit odd and forced.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    I was surprised at how most of the movie is subtitled. It seemed as if 90% of the film was in French and German and just a few scenes were in English. I felt like I 'read' the entire movie...haha.

It was good though. Go see it. Brad was hilarious. All the actors did a great job.
    90% was in english - but I was relieved to see a "european/us" film actually in a language other than english.

Quote Originally Posted by no bad days View Post
    Apparently in world war two we did not do anything as "horrible" as water board any nazi's.....whew what a load off my mind.
    Are you part of the brigaged that thinks that the Allied soliders didn't rape any germen women too?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Actually the Japanese waterboarded, and the US military considered it torture.
    They learnt well.

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    I love LOVE this movie (I am an admitted Tarantino fantard) but really, he outdid himself on Inglourious Basterds, IMO. Christophe Waltz deserves every award he gets this season as Col. Landa. Brad is HILARIOUS as Aldo Raine, Diane Kruger is great as Bridget von Hammersmark, Melanie Laurent is pure ice queen as Shoshanna....and the list just goes on. My fave movie of the year! The DVD is packed full of extra goodies too, I was so happy to get it for Christmas.
    I'll have to check that out.

I really like the Euro-actors, but Pitt was the same old characture that he always plays with that wanky southern accent.
    The end scene where the cinema burns was amazing.
    Free Charmed.

I loved Pulp Fiction and all the Kill Bills.

I was a little disappointed with IB. I guess I expected more. Although I was quite impressed with Diane Kruger's acting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information