Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inglourious Basterds

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorGirl View Post
    brad pitt's acting seems so awful in the previews i figured he ruined it

au contraire, 'Inglorious Basterds' is an outstanding piece of work. Watched it at the Uptown theatre in DC yesterday afternoon. My best friend lives just 2 blocks away, so I crossed the street & called him.

As I was leaving a msg I noticed a homeless woman leaving California Tortilla. She walked up to me & asked 'where is the shoe store' in German. I smiled and said 'English.' She asked again & I said 'Speak English!' then she cursed me out She must have known I loved the movie
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Bronze Member

Smile Nazis and torture

Now dont get me wrong I like to see nazi's killed as much as the next guy. I just cant help but notice that it is ok to scalp,torture,burn alive and shoot surendering nazis. Again I have no problem with this, It just puzzles me that nobody else does either and yet gets their panties in a bunch when we (gasp) waterboard or fake an exucution of a terrorist. Hell I remember in the dirty dozen when they locked a bunch of nazis in a basement, dumped gasoline on them (and their dates) and then threw in grenades!

smf

wanna see this ,is it better than the kill bills ?

Elite Member

I went to see the movie tonight. I loved it! It was great! Great acting and just for the record, I don't think it was a 'Brad Pitt' movie. His character was in and out of the film throughout the entire movie. His role was just one of many, many characters. Everyone did a great job.

Elite Member

I'd like to see it - I've been wondering if it's Tarantino thumbing his nose at Speilberg's Munich?

Gold Member

This movie is FANTASTIC!!! I absolutely loved it! Great directing and acting, every actor was simply amazing!!! I especially liked Waltz as Hans Landa and Pitt. But, like I said, everyone did a fantastic job. Very funny, too. Great humor!

I loved it. Just thinking of Brad Pitt's godawful Italian accent makes me laugh all over again. Great casting and very surprising script.

Not crazy about the gore, though, there were scenes I made sure not to watch.

i can't wait to see this.

and i don't understand how it's possible to dislike 'pulp fiction'.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Best movie I have seen all year absolutely loved it. Great acting, not a dull moment throughout the movie.
    Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town. George Carlin

Elite Member

I was surprised at how most of the movie is subtitled. It seemed as if 90% of the film was in French and German and just a few scenes were in English. I felt like I 'read' the entire movie...haha.

It was good though. Go see it. Brad was hilarious. All the actors did a great job.

I enjoyed it, but I'm not in a hurry to see it again. Brad Pitt's 'italian' was funny as you like, and the 'Jew Hunter' was scary, funny and disturbing in equal measure. The first scene was brilliant, and i loved the bar scene as well. -spoiler-white to highlight---It kind of reminded me of The Shining (Scatman Cruthers), where you think the English guy is going to help but ends up doing fuck all and getting shot. In fact, pretty much every bugger dies. I thought the romance between Shosanna and the black guy (sorry I can't remember his name) was very touching too. Shame they couldn't make it work. The part with the cinema going up in flames was great too, I loved her face being prjected on the smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by no bad days View Post
    Now dont get me wrong I like to see nazi's killed as much as the next guy. I just cant help but notice that it is ok to scalp,torture,burn alive and shoot surendering nazis. Again I have no problem with this, It just puzzles me that nobody else does either and yet gets their panties in a bunch when we (gasp) waterboard or fake an exucution of a terrorist. Hell I remember in the dirty dozen when they locked a bunch of nazis in a basement, dumped gasoline on them (and their dates) and then threw in grenades!

that's because ONE IS A FUCKING MOVIE and the other is the really real world.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm thinking about going to check this movie out, maybe this week. Everybody I talk to has nothing but good things to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by no bad days View Post
    What the...? Nevermind.

Bronze Member

Default So...............

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    that's because ONE IS A FUCKING MOVIE and the other is the really real world.
    Apparently in world war two we did not do anything as "horrible" as water board any nazi's.....whew what a load off my mind.

Actually the Japanese waterboarded, and the US military considered it torture.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information