Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Indiana Jones IV is a hit!

We could spend hours pointing out similarities between this movie and previous ones.

Hmmm, haven't we seen the 'waterfall' sequence where people are crusing along river and all of a sudden, gasp, a huge waterfall?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Another thing is, it's like I've seen this all before.

Elaborate set pieces? Check. CGI creatures (ants, monkeys)? Check. Etc. Etc.

I think action movies have reached their limit of what they can show, pretty much everything has been done so things are repeating itself over and over. Look at Hulk and those other CGI fests, same old same old, people battling in the city so sections of buildings can be destroyed, cars/buses flip over and crush people, panicking civilians, police/military, etc.

I couldn't shake the feeling that I've seen everything in Indy 4 in other movies.
    felt a lot like Star Gate to me...... but it was a Indy movie so I'm pretty happy with that. Keep in mind that Star Gate is one of my favorite movies though.

It wasn't as good as I expected but entertaining, nevertheless. I couldn't last after Indy but then again I've never been able to last after Harrison Ford because he kinda looks like my dad. I was glad that they used Karen Allen and Shia LaBoeuf was once again excellent. Entertaining but as an end of a series not what it should have been. And I hated all the CGI animals, they looked fake.

I really really was disappointed with this movie.
    I thought I was going to LURVE it but ended up not liking it.

It was just okay but I would have rather waited to rent it on dvd.

This felt less like an Indy movie and more like another movie in which the Indy character had a very prominent guest role. Too much CGI. The groundhog thing was annoying enough. When it first came on, I thought it was another cartoon for THX. Then I realized, oh this isn't a cartoon, it's the MOVIE. Then they kept coming back to that fake-ass thing. I have a feeling it was mostly Lucas's cutesy-pie shit.

The monkey thing was a total EMBARASSMENT.

The chase scenes were too repetitive and too fake. The major ones here are car chases, and the jungle one was just too implausible, even with the help of aliens, and just turned into more fake looking animals. When I think of Last Crusade, they had a chase under water, on foot, in boats, in planes, cars, tanks, on motorcycle, and I know I'm missing more.

Also, love the remote, hidden, sacred sites that just happen to have random, mostly-naked "natives" hiding around in the corners like rats. Except for there are only male natives. And they apparently sit in a hole all day unless an intruder passes by.

AND, an entire movie, and Indy didn't even get LAID! Hello?? How much of an adventure can you have?

I think it felt like Close Encounters meets National Treasure...with the groundhog from Caddyshack...the ants from The Mummy. Nothing really felt original. Whats sad is that this movie was on the table for so long because they were waiting for a "fantastic script" - well ironically the script was what failed them, I think.

And whoever said this movie should be separate from the trilogy is 100% correct.

Yep, there are tons of others. I agree on the Close Encounters reference too.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    It wasn't as good as I expected but entertaining, nevertheless. I couldn't last after Indy but then again I've never been able to last after Harrison Ford because he kinda looks like my dad. I was glad that they used Karen Allen and Shia LaBoeuf was once again excellent. Entertaining but as an end of a series not what it should have been. And I hated all the CGI animals, they looked fake.

I definetly agree: I liked it and had a lot of fun, but it could have been better.
    I loved Harrison Ford's performance as well as Karen Allen's and Shia's.
    Cate Blanchett, that I usually like, was so and so.
    The CGI was a bit too toon-like, although I laughed at the monkey looking like Shia's character.
    The ending was a bit too over the top (I prefer more subtle fatastic elements).

Gold Member

It seemed like National Treasure because it had the same plot as National Treasure 2. They were both about the lost city of gold, I think it's called Cibola? and had the same spinning wheel everyone was trying to walk across. Overall it was ok, it had a great cast.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Just saw this yesterday. HUGE disappointment. Nobody was even trying, except Shia--who was great, and Cate, who was campy in the best way. I got a huge kick out of her, dumb accent and all. And John Hurt is a good actor no matter what he's in. And, well, it was fun to see Karen Allen. But jeez, it's like Spielberg & Co. knew they didn't have to put in much effort, and it was so half-assed.

The plot was STUPID. What I liked about Raiders and The Last Crusade was that they involved actual relics (The Ark, the Holy Grail)....this whole 'interdimensional being' crap was ridiculous.

I really really missed Marcus Brody. I was glad to see the tributes to him. But it's not the same without him. And I missed Sallah, too.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information