Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: If You Could Change A Film's Ending...

The way we were

They stay together forever and they're happy. That movie wrecked me

Signs

Ok, it's a crappy movie to begin with but after being scared for the first 2 thirds we see the aliens and they were ridiculous. So I'd make the aliens scarier or just never show them.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

Ooooh that's a good thread !

Star Wars III.
    Would have been much more tragic if Padmé had survived (as Leia is supposed to remember her ...) and dies years later of a broken heart because of what Anakin had become.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Those three movies should be changed entirely starting with other actors cast as Anakin and Padme. That whole wah I want to die because my man sucks after I just had two children might be one of the worst endings in movie history. I'm still pissed about it.
    stella blue and dowcat like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

"The Sixth Sense" - Bruce Willis decides that he has spent too much time away from his wife. He sends Haley Joel's mom a big fat bill and takes his wife to Tahiti with the proceeds and they spend the next week frolicking in the buff on the beach, where they spot a heavily bearded Tom Hanks and bring him back to civilization in time to marry Helen Hunt, which frees up Chris Noth to have a threesome with Samantha and Charlotte. Which is accidentally played on the Times Square jumbotron while Carrie is signing copies of her book, "How to Live Happily Ever with Your Dream Man".
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Madame - the movie had a shitty non-ending, you don't get happy nor a sad ending, there's none...

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Those three movies should be changed entirely starting with other actors cast as Anakin and Padme. That whole wah I want to die because my man sucks after I just had two children might be one of the worst endings in movie history. I'm still pissed about it.

There's a theory that Anakin is able to draw Padmé's life, explaining her mysterious "loss of will to live"
    But yeah that ending is terrible.
    I re watched the entire saga recently and I couldn't believe how BAD Natalie Portman is. I've always seen how bad Christensen was, but in Phantom Menace, none of Natalie's scene is good, her smiles look beyond fake, her lines are unconvincing, that is embarrassing.
    (well, everything is in that movie)
    I would also have changed that ending and kept Darth Maul alive. This trilogy needed a consistent duo of villain, not replaceable ones for every episode. That's what worked in the original, the Vader / Emperor duo until the end.
    gas_chick likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Titanic. I'd have Rose's granddaughter grab Rose before she threw the diamond back into the ocean. Pitch the old woman overboard, marry Bill Paxton, cash in the diamond and move to Tahiti.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information