Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: I Re-Watched Titanic So You Donít Have To. Youíre Welcome.

This is my favourite part:

My polo pony is the wrong color!

That article was pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post

I hate this movie. It could have been good if they'd trimmed off an hour and stuck to the real stories instead of going with this stupid "I know we literally met 20 minutes ago, but I love you with a suicidal fervor!" storyline. I know it wouldn't have made half as much money without the teen appeal, but it was stupid. And I heard James Cameron was pissed he didn't get nominated for best screenplay too. He's such an arrogant prick.
    Oh, the screenplay was dreadful. It also lifted elements from the 1953 version of Titanic (handsome Midwestern bumpkin falls in love with titled rich girl) and some other maritime disaster films like History is Made at Night (possessive husband attempts to kill couple onboard ocean liner)and The Last Voyage (trapped in a slowly flooding stateroom).
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

My daughter and fer friends can recite every line of this flick. I saw it and enjoyed it but not enough to see it in 3D. I do wonder what it will be like in 3D when the bodies start falling towards you as the ship cracks in half?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Sent this to my daughter to piss her off:

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I liked it well enough at the time, but then, I was a 15 year old girl. I've never had the desire to re-watch.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I saw it three times in the theater in the 90s and loved it, cried every time. Leo doesn't do anything for me, but when Rose calls Jack's name and her voice cracks it gets me every time.

I own a copy of the movie on video but have never been able to bring myself to watch it at home. The whole 3D thing doesn't make sense to me for Titanic, because other than hitting the iceberg, what would they even make 3D?

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I'd rather see a director's cut instead of a 3D version. If you look at the deleted scenes on the 10TH anniversary DVD, you will see that they cut some important stuff out in order to shorten the film's time.
    There's more? This actually tempts me, because I'm a glutton for punishment.
    Get it together Us weekly. And that statement by ďKristenĒ um obviously wasnít her. any fan, stan, stalker, kstew role player can tell right away that isnít her. - a Twihard

I think I was about 12 or 13 when this was in the theaters and I saw it in at the drive in - loved it then and I love it now. Everyone has to have their favorite cheesy movie, this is mine.

If someone would be willing to go see it in 3D with me I'd be all over it, I have no shame.
    Sarzy likes this.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    There's more? This actually tempts me, because I'm a glutton for punishment.
    Some of the deleted scenes are available on YouTube.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    But a friend of mine tells me her 15 year old sister and some of friends of hers at the time would throw Titanic crying parties.
    Ok I thought me and my lame ass friends were the only ones who did this. We would pick out 3 tear jerkers and cry the whole night. Thankfully never over Titanic. Our top choices were always Steel Magnolias, The Cure, My Girl, and for some reason this 20/20 Special on Gordeeva and Grinkov (LOL, don't ask).

I loved Titanic when I saw it and loved that Celine song but I only saw the movie twice in the theaters back in the day. The first time is so embarrassing I still cringe thinking about my friend curled up in a ball, loudly sobbing next to me. People in the theater were turning around staring at her but she was inconsolable, pretty much from the moment they hit the iceberg! Did I mention this was probably her 6th seeing it in the theater?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Ok I thought me and my lame ass friends were the only ones who did this. We would pick out 3 tear jerkers and cry the whole night. Thankfully never over Titanic. Our top choices were always Steel Magnolias, The Cure, My Girl, and for some reason this 20/20 Special on Gordeeva and Grinkov (LOL, don't ask).
    Oh lordy, Steel Magnolias; one of the very few "chick flicks" I admit to liking: "Mama this nail polish is too dark! Looks like a stuck pig bled out all over my hands!"
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Fun fact: I saw Steel Magnolias on stage in Sydney starring a very young Nicole Kidman in the Julia Roberts role. She was fantastic.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I love Steel Magnolias. Sally Fields owns that movie. Just owns. I can't believe she made me cry so hard over Julia Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    I loved Titanic when I saw it and loved that Celine song but I only saw the movie twice in the theaters back in the day. The first time is so embarrassing I still cringe thinking about my friend curled up in a ball, loudly sobbing next to me.

LOL at the loud sobbing! The worst has been with guy friends who are trying so hard to hide it... I remember in Schindler's List there was this very hot guy next to me and he pratically slid under his chair trying to hide that he was bawling in the end (when they leave the rocks on the grave) I could hardly see in front of me to get out of the cinema anyway so had no room to talk. It just sucked because we had both been watching the film alone and had flirted in the intermission but me seeing him cry kinda killed that.... Also in About Schmidt, this friend of mine was triggered in a major way because the character reminded him of his dad and he was crying his eyes out by the end of the film, we couldn't get him out of the cinema.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I'd rather see a director's cut instead of a 3D version. If you look at the deleted scenes on the 10TH anniversary DVD, you will see that they cut some important stuff out in order to shorten the film's time.
    The "important" stuff? Like the plot, any decent acting, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

OMFG! Is the Tori Spelling's Mimi La Rue & shitastic deco?
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    The "important" stuff? Like the plot, any decent acting, etc?
    The scene where Rose is running towards the stern of the ship, intent on committing suicide. They cut out a scene before that where she has a breakdown in her suite, which causes her to panic and run. There is also a scene in the flooding first class restaurant where Lovejoy is hunting down Jack and Rose. I'm glad they left that scene out, because that entire section of the film, where Cal snatches Lovejoy's gun and starts chasing them, shooting maniacally was one of the most ridiculous scenes in the entire movie, totally took away whatever credibility it may have had. There are several other deleted scenes too - I think they are on the anniversary DVD as well. The film was originally four hours long - Cameron actually wanted movie theaters to have an intermission - like they did for epics like Gone With the Wind and Doctor Zhivago.

The scene where Rose is running towards the stern of the ship, intent on committing suicide. They cut out a scene before that where she has a breakdown in her suite, which causes her to panic and run. There is also a scene in the flooding first class restaurant where Lovejoy is hunting down Jack and Rose. I'm glad they left that scene out, because that entire section of the film, where Cal snatches Lovejoy's gun and starts chasing them, shooting maniacally was one of the most ridiculous scenes in the entire movie, totally took away whatever credibility it may have had. There are several other deleted scenes too - I think they are on the anniversary DVD as well. The film was originally four hours long - Cameron actually wanted movie theaters to have an intermission - like they did for epics like Gone With the Wind and Doctor Zhivago.
    Aw! Bless you, you're telling me like I care!
    BITTER likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information