Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Well...I didn't hate it and I didn't love it. Kind of in the middle.
    Ditto. Smith was very good. Couldn't get GMD outta my head though. I am def going to check the book out!!!!!!!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I fell in love with this movie. To be honest, I don't think many actors could have pulled off the interaction with the mannequins the way he did. I think it would have been laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    I fell in love with this movie. To be honest, I don't think many actors could have pulled off the interaction with the mannequins the way he did. I think it would have been laughable.
    I agree. Will did an awesome job. I think his ability to do comedy helped with this role. He has a pretty wide range. Back in the "Fresh Prince" days, I wouldn't have thought he'd be at this level some day.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalucy69 View Post
    I agree. Will did an awesome job. I think his ability to do comedy helped with this role. He has a pretty wide range. Back in the "Fresh Prince" days, I wouldn't have thought he'd be at this level some day.

Yes I think he is one of the best actors in the business, totally underrated. I think he deserves an oscar nomination for this role, but the genre itself will prevent the snobby academy turds from nominating or even considering him.

One somewhat minor quibble with the movie itself is the overusage of CG effects. For example, towards the beginning would it have been asking too much to use a real lion and deer? And the movie would have been more better to me if they mixed live action figures with computer effects. Just a minor quibble to an overall wonderful movie.

Quote Originally Posted by tragicallyflawed View Post
    The movie seems interesting, but I want to read the book first. My brother saw it this week and said it's like "28 Days Later" and "Omega Man."

Recently, I was watching this show about Nostradamus and a new book of predictions that was discovered a while ago. The show was saying how 2012 is predicted to be the end of the world as we know it. It had something to do with the constellation of Ophiuchus, which is the 13th zodiac sign between Sagitarius and some other sign. Also, this year is significant to other early cultures. Anyway, it really freaked me out.
    Funny, because I was watching a show on Nostradamus today and they said he made predictions about the world dating all the way up into the 3000's, at least I think that's what they said. Eh, It's all crap anyway.
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yes im FINALLY seeing it tonite on IMAX and i cant wait, i love Will Smith; i think he's actually a pretty talented actor and i've loved him since Fresh Prince was on the air okay! but I do like him for the most part on screen no matter how he is in his personal life

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

saw I Am Legend last nite; we saw it in IMAX and it was sooooooooo sad/scary omg. it was chilling. and it sure got me thinking about some stuff. like wat i would do if were him in a few of those situation. ugh... and i have to admit that i had some scary thoughts whilst trying to get to sleep last nite.

I really enjoyed the movie although I felt like the ending was a bit rushed. I also thought that there was a bit much CGI. However, I loved Will Smith in this, thought he was amazing. There were quite a few bits where I was near tears, like when he was talking to the mannequins and such, thought that was so sad. Loved the doggie as well, he was great.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^I'm glad you and Alice enjoyed the movie. It was an oscar worthy performance.

We saw it tonight. I'm not a huge fan of Will Smith but he did do a fantastic job in this movie. When you consider how few words were actually spoken in teh first half, and yet the story he was able to tell, it's quite remarkable. Still, the subject matter made me really uncomfortable and it's not a movie I'd watch again for fun.

Something happened to me when I became a mom. I have such a hard time watching anything bad happening to families, kids or pets. Bleh.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Loved it. I had read the book years ago, but for once the movie didn't totally ruin the book, though the book had a much darker ending.
    Yeah, Smith's "I Am Legend" is actually the third making of the book.

I saw it yet again, and Will smith's performance still wows me. I'm tell y'allz, the snobby academy turds would never nominate mr. smith in this sort of genre, though I felt it was one of the best movies of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    I saw it yet again, and Will smith's performance still wows me. I'm tell y'allz, the snobby academy turds would never nominate mr. smith in this sort of genre, though I felt it was one of the best movies of the year.
    It's sad that he might not be nominated. What other actors have pulled off 95% of a movie by themselves, and kept audiences interested/entertained?

I'd just like to say I had nightmares all night that those people scaled walls to come and get me.

We really wanted to see it at the IMAX but got stuck in traffic. I read the book which was quite a bit different. It was a pretty good read. Not a Hollywood movie though as it had a pretty dark ending.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information