Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hunger Games

I enjoyed the movie, BF did not. He got very fixated on the society structure and how it was unbelievable that this had gone on for so long with no push back from society. I also had to fill in some things for him, but nothing too bad, and I found myself complaining less about the things left out than I usually am with adaptations. Our theater was actually pretty good with the teens, they weren't too squealy (although I was extremely happy when they played the Twilight trailer and at least half the theater booed, lol). There was 1 girl in front of us who lost her shit during one of the deaths. She was SOBBING.

I did finish all 3 books too, and damn! They were really good, I was shocked how into them I got so quickly.

If it was Rue, I will probably lose my shit too. She was my absolute fav character.

And yeah, I thought the books were really good too. I usually glance through whatever my kids are reading, and this one sucked me in. Don't bother looking at this author's other books though (lGregor the Overlander) because they suck.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yeah, it was Rue. I cried in the book, but wasn't too emotional over the movie. Her part was smaller than I expected though so I think that's part of why I wasn't affected much.

The movie is completely different to Battle Royale, so I'm going to assume the books are too? You care a lot more about the characters here, well just Katniss and Rue really. I really liked BR though. The movie was pretty long, or at least it felt long but didn't drag, it felt like too much was crammed into one film and they didn't make the most out of the material. I'm curious as to how there are 2 more books/films.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Yes I caught myself tearing up a little during rue's scene as well lol. She was a really cute little girl.

I really loved Cinna as well. I also loved Haymitch and both of my boys are all WTF at me, LMAO.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I am going to go see it Sunday morning. Hopefully it won't be too packed.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

BTW, I was sampling the soundtrack and I'm really liking it. very old school bluegrass-y for the most part.

i loved the movie

Bronze Member

I've read all the books and plan on seeing it soon. There was a fan made vid I watched a month or so ago, about Rue's death scene that I thought was very well made, I actually teared up watching it. Hope the movie is as good

HUNGER GAMES: KATNISS & RUE - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by SuriCruise View Post
    The movie is completely different to Battle Royale, so I'm going to assume the books are too? You care a lot more about the characters here, well just Katniss and Rue really. I really liked BR though. The movie was pretty long, or at least it felt long but didn't drag, it felt like too much was crammed into one film and they didn't make the most out of the material. I'm curious as to how there are 2 more books/films.
    Battle Royale had two mangas. The first was 15 books long. If you pick it up, fair warning, its boring until the 6th. I havent read the second nor do I know much about it. IIRC it revolves around an entirely new group of people who happen to be kindergartners. It also had a novel and yes, two films. I have yet to read the novel but I did read the first manga and saw both films. The first film covers the first manga and, I would assume, the novel. The second film goes an entirely different direction which I would assume is the way the second manga goes. I should find it and read it sometime.

Am I the only person who literally puked during this movie? My $ 8.00 popcorn ended up in the loo about 20 minutes in, and i had to keep my eyes closed for the rest of the movie because i was so sick. I can get motion sickness on an elevator, but this was the first movie since Forest Gump that make me hurl.
    I was so disappointed because I enjoyed the books.

^ No, I didnt get sick but I know what you mean. I discussed that with my family after. That shaky camera mess is old. I think they did it as a method of editing though. If youll notice the camera got especially shaky during fight scenes and when things got really violent thereby making it seem like something happened but never showing it. Kinda clever if you ask me.

Movie was good but there was a certain scene, those who saw it will know what I mean, when the whole audience burst into tears. Even the annoying people in back of my family and I who were laughing, joking, playing ringtones and being overall jerks the whole movie stopped, cried and paid attention. To their credit though, it was a jacked up scene.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information