Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: House

Default Re: House

Ah, now that makes sense. I was worried there for a moment! Thanks, NoDayButToday!

I don't know if I could sleep through some of those Idol contestants or not?

Thanks for reminding me of all those funny parts! Now friday night I gots to catch it on USA to tide me over till the next new one.

Hey Miss Olivia,

Do you know which rerun is playing Friday night? I've seen them all, but I like some more than others. And a few times I got a phone call in the middle, so I missed parts.

The preview of the new episode next Tuesday looks pretty cool. I prefer House in medical situations to romantic situations and it looks like he's gonna run amok in surgery. I love House when he runs amok!

Gold Member

They're showing season 1 sequentially which means they're showing the Socratic Method. I would tell you about it, but I haven't seen the episode yet. I bought season 1 on dvd & my hubby watched 2 eps with me and so now he won't let me watch them until we can watch them together. So I am soooo upset about it b/c I am missing my house.

I'd tell hubby that's too damn bad!! Or watch it and don't tell him! Lies are the cornerstone of a good marriage! Anyhooters, if you want to know what shows are on next you can prolly check the "USA" channel website.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

House tonight and House looks like he'll be in fine form chewing scenery and behaving as his usual jackass self. Be there or lose out!

Already got it set to record just in case I decide to go to chapter

What's up with him and hookers?

Ah, I was wondering the same thing!!!
    Is anyone else dying over this episode? Just got done watching it. I thought it was awesome. I really enjoyed trying to find out what was wrong with the burn victim ATV kid. I also enjoyed watching House hallucinate in the shower. Him giving himself a migraine then stopping it with LSD was really cute. The best was him harassing his nemesis. Ah, that was really funny. The last scene was disturbing and not in a good way. House hiring a hooker and being rude in the process made me like him a lot less. In a way that's much more profound than him just being a crabby wise cracker. I think they're treading on dangerous ground; he'll stop being a sympathetic character if he stops being quirky and cool and more of a creepy bastard. Even if the creepy bastard is a genius. I don't want the bad to outweigh the good too much. Because I want to keep liking him.
    I have to say a few things are getting old: He gets in trouble with Cuddy every week and she always says the exact same things to him. "you're miserable" and "you can't just play by your rules". They have to find a way to mix that up a little. And that doc (his best friend) who cares wayyyy too much about house and seems too "emotionally invested" in everything he does. That's getting old.
    These are not massive flaws, though, and I love the show anyway.

I loved last night. But I agree with you on many of the things Olivia.

Wilson is far too emotionally involved to be a real guy friend. It borders on 'Ho Yay' He's saying things only girlfriends would say to other girlfriends. But I'd like to see more of Wilson, more of his personal life so we could see why he's this way.

The hookers I see this way and I think it makes perfect sense that House would be uncomfortable with hooker small talk to the point where he'd say what he said. In the past I've worked with guys who were, for lack of a better word, social retards with all the lack of grace and finesse of Greg House. They aren't comfortable with women, in actuallity they're quite afraid of them and find it baffling to do the relationship thing, driving off anyone that comes close. So they end up with hookers mostly and that awkward social retard part of them can't even make hooker small talk so they cut the chatter. I don't see it as Greg being mean but it being something too awkward for him to do, it would only point out to him his own inadequecies, which he's already painfully aware of.

I just love the writing on this show because it, so far, seems to have avoided a lot of stereotypical plots. I think that Wilson is watching the descent of his best friend into full blown addiction. Like most folks, he thinks someone can/should save House from himself.

I saw it that everything House was doing was to avoid thinking about his loss of Stacey, not only again, but probably once and for all. It is why he "took on" his nemesis. It was why he gave himself a migraine to prove the fellow wrong, and it was why he did LSD to get rid of the migraine.

Like most addicts, rather than confront bad feelings head-on, he hides behind self-inflicted pain.

House had also said many times in the past that he did "patronize" hookers. Most of his "ducklings" thought he was kidding, but I took it to be the truth. The man was destroyed by loving a woman, both physically and mentally, so now he feels safter with only his physical needs being met.

Can't wait until Monday....

OK, rented season 1 so I can FINALLY get all the background on the show. I get to watch it tonight. I'm so bad about realizing the good shows when they start, I always have to catch up.

I've been playing catch up by watching House on USA, on fridays. But i fell asleep last friday!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    OK, rented season 1 so I can FINALLY get all the background on the show. I get to watch it tonight. I'm so bad about realizing the good shows when they start, I always have to catch up.

I treated myself to a copy of season one as a 'sorry I'm having surgery and I'll be bored shitless' gift and that's what I watched while I was semi conscience. I loved it! Particularly the episode towards the end of the season that explains how House's leg problem came about. Unfortunately it is also the same episode where Stacy reared her head for the first time.

That was such a good episode, it was among my favorites. I haven't watched much of season 2 so I don't have as much of a Stacy hatred as everyone else, but it looks like she's gone anyway now

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information