Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hope For Haiti Now

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    egads Madonna sucked so bad. the worst of the evening.

i thought Justin Timberlake was awesome, who was that guy with him?
    Beyonce bangs drove me nuts, but she sounded good.

Justin Timberlake Gives A Stunning Performance At Haiti TelethonJanuary 23rd, 2010 - 8:43 pm ICT by GD -
    By Gina Gomez

Jan 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Much acclaimed pop artist Justin Timberlake was among the host of celebrities who participated in the fund raising event “Hope for Haiti Now”. The telethon was held on Friday night in a bid to pledge support to the victims of the Caribbean island of Haiti, which was rocked by a massive earthquake on January 12.

Amidst the scintillating performances that were showcased by several prominent personalities, Justin Timberlake managed to stand out with his powerful rendition of the classic song “Hallelujah”, which was immensely appreciated by the audiences. The “Rock Your Body” singer performed the beautiful track along with musician Matt Morris, who has recently been signed by Justin Timberlake’s label. The debut album of Matt Morris “When Everything Breaks Open,” was released earlier this month by the Grammy award-winning artist’s label Tennman Records.

Meanwhile, the performance showcased together by both the musical artists turned out to be one of the most outstanding highlights of the entire event last night. While talking about the reasons for selecting the 1984 Leonard Cohen’s song, during an interview later Justin Timberlake added that he considered the track to be absolutely appropriate for the fund raising event.

Apart from Justin Timberlake, the telethon also witnessed stunning performances by a number of other prominent personalities that ensured that the event turned into a huge success. The island nation of Haiti was stuck be a massive earthquake earlier this month that left an estimated 200,000 dead and rendered around 1.5 million people homeless. The magnitude of the destruction was so huge following the disaster that it propelled celebrities to take steps to contribute in the rehabilitation process.

More at : Justin Timberlake Gives A Stunning Performance At Haiti Telethon Justin Timberlake Gives A Stunning Performance At Haiti Telethon
    Matt Morris (musician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Another one that was interesting was Kid Rock, Sheryl Crow, & Keith Urban singing "Lean on Me." Keith Urban has a nice voice - I don't like country music so I've never really heard him before.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Agreed. Mary and Christina were the best performers of the night. Madonna was bad, as usual. I like Jennifer Hudson's voice, but she has too much power and not enough control yet.

I love Keith Urban, he was on Ellen this week and he's such a nice person. Didn't much care for the trio though.

I thought Madonna's back up group out sang her. She was bad and I didn't even know it was her until she started to sing.

Kingcap I so disagree about Jennifer Hudson. After Justin Timberlake (who has crazy pipes on him) she was my favorite of the evening. I bet she can get a church congregation moving. The more I hear her the more I like her, I also think she's a beautiful woman.

I look at those celebs and I think with their money they could buy Haiti, of course you'd have to throw in Bill Gates but there they sit will their millions while so many here are out of work. It's not like 9/11 before our economic crash. There sat Steven Speilbert with his compound. Last count Oprah had 8 homes. I also question George Clooney who after his 9/11 telethon couldn't account for the money, it went to the red cross who used it for 9/11 and things other than helping the victims of 9/11.

It was a thoughtful gesture.

I still wanted to puke everytime I saw Julia Roberts and her smug ass face.

Hope for Haiti Now Telethon - Photo Gallery - E! Online

I think Colin Farrell and Ewan MacGregor look particularly yummers:

WTF was up with Brad Pitt,his ill fitting jacket and weird pose?

Madonna's face scared me.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Hit By Ban Bus!

In the minority here, but I found MADonna's performance good and I liked it.

But I loved the entire show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information