Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Hoarders on A&E

I don't know what was more creepy.... all those dolls, or the way the woman would go into a freaky giggling fit when she seemed uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by landerq View Post
    I'd have every plan to relax that morning, but then I would be compelled to organize all my closets and drawers. I even redid my fish tanks so they look neater. What a freak! My house is unbelievable now! Neater than its ever been. Granted, I haven't relaxed in over two months. . . What the fuck am I gonna do now that Hoarders is over?
    Love it that you tidied up the fish tanks! This show does the same thing to me. Well, at least in my mind. I still have boxes of stuff I haven't touched in years stowed away that I will deal with one day. Maybe.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I'm pretty OCD about my stuff being organized and in it's place already, but I have on occasion while watching Hoarders pulled a drawer out and sat on the couch and organized it.
    It probably makes some want to clean and organize and some probably want to go to the Goodwill and get more shit.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

this show is too much; makes me physically ill and mentally disturbed to watch it

Sometimes I love watching this, other times it makes me depressed and sad.

Am watching it right now. How come the outside areas look pretty normal at these places?
    It really pisses me off to see children living like this. I don't mind it when it's an adult only situation, but the poor kids have no effn choice.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I am downloading seasons 1-3 and just watched the first 2 eps of season 4. I think this is fascinating. I have a hard time letting go of things sometimes myself, but I can't imagine it ever getting out of hand like that.

This show does make me want to try and be a better housekeeper though. Not that I'm terrible at it, I just think that if a cucumber wants to try and grow opposable thumbs, it should get the chance to do so.

KD
    Elite Member

Love this show but why do all Hoarders seem to have 20 cats? (I love cats, btw.) anyway, I always want to purge my house after watching an episode.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I love this show!! It is on Netflix too, I believe the first two seasons.

I watched all 3 seasons over the last few days,and I just can't believe some of the stuff I've seen. Clutter and junk, I can handle. Even if there's some trash scattered around here and there. But living on a 3ft (or more) layer of rotting garbage and excrement (human or animal)? That just makes me sick. Some of the houses had to be demolished because of all the damage the hearing had done. And why does it usually take a crisis like eviction for someone to take action?

I find it especially difficult to see animal hoarders. Some of these people actually mean well but they just get overwhelmed. But the woman with all the farm animals? I would have her hauled off in handcuffs and taken all the animals out of there. I would put the welfare of those animals over the wellbeing of that woman.

Can't wait for new episodes.

tonights epi was new i believe. The best dysfunctional family with the biggest shrew of a bitch for a mom. its awesome. they are ALL inbred, no teeth, fighting each other type of family!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^ The new ep was a follow-up for some of the people featured in season 2.

One of them was Augustine, and she managed to fill the house with trash again. it wasn't as bad as before, but she did admit that she had never cleaned up or taken out the trash since the Hoarders crew left. I think she really liked the attention her hoarding has brought her. She had nothing but negative things to say about her daughter, even though she has gone out of her way to help her mom. This woman can not be helped.

I was really glad to see how happy Judi (diaper lady) now is in her assisted living facility, and how intelligent and well-spoken. She seemed so meek and almost apathic (sp?) when they were cleaning out her house.

no, there was a new episode on after that episode. That was the one with the white trash family
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I've never been as physically ill watching this show as I was watching the one with Robin, who had to clean her house or it was going to be demolished. She would shit in bags and throw them in the closet? Hallway? Either way, it was literally 10 years worth of shit bags that had to be picked up BY HAND. Not mention the roach eggs and dead cats.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    I've never been as physically ill watching this show as I was watching the one with Robin, who had to clean her house or it was going to be demolished. She would shit in bags and throw them in the closet? Hallway? Either way, it was literally 10 years worth of shit bags that had to be picked up BY HAND. Not mention the roach eggs and dead cats.
    easily the grossest one I had ever seen.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information