Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hoarders on A&E

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    This may sound horrible (ah, what the hell, right??) I not only find it thoroughly disgusting that these people live like that (the one that bought adult diapers and left them to rot in her bathroom, causing the huge rotted hole in the bathrooms floor ) but I get even more grossed out when I see them hugging or kissing the ones that are helping them. Gahhh!!! You know they literally live in shit and haven't bathed in YEARS! The smell alone must make stomachs turn! I just don't think I could be near or actually touch these people.
    This one was on again last night and I re-watched it b/c there wasn't much to choose from. I kept thinking the whole time, that place must stink so bad. I felt bad for the clean up crew! I think there is a difference between hoarding and just plain living in filth.. isn't there? It was sad when her daughter found out or saw the extent of her mother's madness and that her house wasn't worth anything anymore/had to be demolished.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

When I was looking through houses for one to buy, I came across the one I eventually did buy and let me tell you, I THOUGHT the previous owner was a hoarder. She had a small walkway through all the rooms in her house, but the rest was filled with stuff. Not garbage mind you, but a thousand VHS movies, hundreds of porcelain dolls, dozens of old fashioned typewriters, thousands of books - and a gazillion other things that I can't remember. It was all neatly stacked, and in order. It was almost like a store. She didn't sell any of this stuff, she just collected it. The house was immaculate otherwise.

I honestly thought a hoarder was someone that did this sort of thing. I didn't know people actually allowed their house to become like the city dump and continue living in those disgusting conditions as if that was totally acceptable.

the guy last night was an extreme collector. His house wasnt as bad as some i've seen on Hoarders though.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^^ How about the other one from last night. Things got so bad the house was infested and the family was living in a tent in the backyard. The temps were getting so bad that they were forced to do something about it or have their family freeze to death. Finally the exterminator said it was clear enough that he could go in and kill all the bed bugs etc. Exterminate the father too.

that poor wife was nothing but a door mat to her hoarder hub.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

people like that should be locked in asylums... and frankly, who the fuck would stay married to that? Who the fuck would stay in a tent? I'd be all THATS IT, NO MORE and be the fuck out of there.

People are stupid.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

They really should cross this show with 'Intervention'.

"If you do not seek this help TODAY for your filthy hoarding, I will move out and cut off all contact and call the health department to have this filthhole declared a public nuisance..."
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I kind of got the feeling from Dick last night that he was just looking to get others to organize his beer can collection. He was going bankrupt from obsessive collecting, but was pissed when his cousin Jayson (who was the only family member who gave a shit enough to come help) tryed to help. I couldn't imagine having the patience to not snap when dealing with someone like that.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I only do that with shoes and lipgloss.
    Shoes and jewelry. And vintage clothing, sort of; but I sold a huge amount of it so now there's only about eight boxes. If you must hoard, do it with jewelry: it's SMALL and it doesn't ROT.

Her house did attract vermin. Although, the vermin were found dead in a couple of the rooms, under all the garbage
    headed for hell=laughing at that=me

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    and her pet goat ate through the wall of her bedroom. So she closed it off and slept in the living room. She did mention that she thought oppossum were probably living in that bedroom as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsChiff View Post
    ^ I am in disbelief when they have storage units, sheds, or more than one house that is also full!!!!!
    How can they afford that?
    OMG I knew a couple JUST like that. Their goats ate thru a wall of their house. I think it was a supporting wall, too. They managed to keep their living room and bedroom relatively clear and liveable, and they had "display" rooms and areas for their collections which were nifty, but just beneath the surface it was INSANE--bursting with stuff, EVERYWHERE, inside and out. The garage and basement, every closet, every nook, every furniture item that COULD have stuff crammed into it was full to the edges, you couldn't get INTO them unless you completely decanted the contents. They had multiple storage units and had trouble paying for them. Their sunporch was CRAMMED with outdoor furniture. Etc. The sad thing is a LOT of it was amazing vintage stuff. You wanted to look at it all, but you couldn't get AT it. They broke up about ten years ago; the last time I saw them they were arguing over who got custody of a jar of old rusty nails.

I'm happy to say she's doing MUCH better without him. He's more of a mess than ever, though. I don't want to know how many PODs he has stashed all over the western states.

When I was looking through houses for one to buy, I came across the one I eventually did buy and let me tell you, I THOUGHT the previous owner was a hoarder. She had a small walkway through all the rooms in her house, but the rest was filled with stuff. Not garbage mind you, but a thousand VHS movies, hundreds of porcelain dolls, dozens of old fashioned typewriters, thousands of books - and a gazillion other things that I can't remember. It was all neatly stacked, and in order. It was almost like a store. She didn't sell any of this stuff, she just collected it. The house was immaculate otherwise.

I honestly thought a hoarder was someone that did this sort of thing. I didn't know people actually allowed their house to become like the city dump and continue living in those disgusting conditions as if that was totally acceptable.
    My best friend's mother is like that. Her hoarder-house is very clean and organized and tidy, but actually worse than that other couple I knew in that NO rooms are usable really except the bathroom, and the kitchen sort of (she IS a great cook), and part of one room where they watch TV all the time. Recently my friend and her siblings went thru and cleared a couple more rooms, but it was hell and they took a lot of abuse for it. Crazy, crazy, crazy. My friend is totally scarred from it. Hoarders frighten her.

I might watch this sometime, but in any case I'm gonna go clean my house now.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

i also think that the wife of the family living in the tent could have washed dishes, cleaned up some of the house. its like she just gave up
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^^ How about the other one from last night. Things got so bad the house was infested and the family was living in a tent in the backyard. The temps were getting so bad that they were forced to do something about it or have their family freeze to death. Finally the exterminator said it was clear enough that he could go in and kill all the bed bugs etc. Exterminate the father too.
    I missed this one! I can't believe it forces these ppl out of their houses and they let it slowly get worse and worse.. like the little old lady who didn't use her toilet for over 2 years and the other lady had no running water/heat for that long too.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

My aunts house is like that. She's a shopaholic with a lot of money. She won the lottery some time back. There's a Prius and 2 Harleys in the garage nobody can get to though. And last time I was there my brother and I found 2 LCD TV's and 4 ipods still in the boxes. She could have on hell of a garage sale but last time I asked she said no.

I was wondering where CPS was on that one.

I saw a few episodes until I realized it was driving me crazy. Everybody there trying to help and the hoarder staring at the same item all day long, trying to make the big decision. God it's maddening. I did see the episode with the woman who kept food for years past the sell by date. PUKE

I'm watching an episode right now, and I don't understand how being lazy as fuck equals it not being this bitch's fault her house is disgusting because its a mental disorder. Some of these people ARE sick and they do have a problem but some of them are just fucking lazy.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Reading this thread got me interested in the show but I dont even know what channel A&E is, I recently got cable. So I looked for it online.
    Hoarders - Video - A&E TV
    You can watch some on A&Es site.
    Hoarders - Season 1 - Episode 1 - Jennifer and Ron/Jill - Watch Online - SideReel
    Might be able to watch it here if you sign up. They seem to have every ep as well.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information