Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: History Channel won't air Kennedys miniseries. "Not a fit" for the brand

I love that the article accidentally says "Mafia" Shriver when the article is about the Kennedy family killing this movie... ah, freudian slips.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Y'know I get that having Katie Freaking Holmes play your mother is bound to stick in your craw, but I wonder why all the other Kennedy stuff History has aired over the years hasn't inspired this kind of action from Caroline. Is there anyone left that hasn't heard the nitty gritty stuff about the Kennedys? What on earth is there left to say that could possibly be surprising?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Can't wait to see this! So glad it's still airing in Canada.
    You must watch and give us a full report.

Maybe it will be available on torrent?
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    You must watch and give us a full report.
    Oh yeah!

I have no doubt it will find its way online too.

I wanted to watch this so bad

fgg

Katie Holmes Miniseries Had to Bare Kennedys' Flaws, Producer Says

By Aaron Parsley and Monica Rizzo
    Tuesday January 11, 2011 02:15 PM EST
    Katie Holmes on the set of The Kennedys

The History Channel won't air The Kennedys, starring Katie Holmes, but executive producer Michael Prupas says it's not because the "meticulously researched" eight-hour miniseries is historically inaccurate.

"It's the truth," Prupas tells PEOPLE. "The goal of the script from the very beginning was to tell the family story of the Kennedys. There's much written evidence of what went on in that family ... They truly were a great family that has a Shakespearian story arc that resulted in many tragedies and many great successes."

And to be true to history, Prupas says the miniseries, which stars Holmes as Jacqueline Kennedy and Greg Kinnear as John F. Kennedy, did not cover up certain blemishes on the family's legacy.

"It is blatantly obvious from many public sources that the family had certain flaws and certain problems. We weren't inventing the wheel," Prupas says of the film's take on the lives of the Kennedy family members. Still, Prupas adds, The Kennedys "is a positive reflection. But we have shown the flaws."

Originally expected to air on the History Channel in the spring, the cable network pulled the miniseries in an announcement on Friday, saying, "While the film is produced and acted with the highest quality, after viewing the final product in its totality, we have concluded this dramatic interpretation is not a fit for the History brand."

Now, Prupas says he's working with the "active support" of the History Channel to find a home for the film.

"We don't have an offer in place. We don't have a discussion going on with a specific network. [But] there are several interested in reviewing the material," Prupas tells PEOPLE, adding, "I know the material and I know anybody who's watched this material and the response has been overwhelmingly positive."

But some network executives, like Hallmark Channel's senior vice president of programming Barbara Fisher, tell PEOPLE there is not much interest in the film. "I haven't seen it but I don't think it is the right fit for us," Fisher says.

Richard Pepler, co-president of HBO, is more direct: "Absolutely, unequivocally no, we are not interested."

Cool Oh Canada, we stand on guard for thee...

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Maybe it will be available on torrent?

Yeah. Yeah.

I hope some kindly Canadian uploads this on one of the torrent sites for sure!

I was SO excited for this. Hopefully someone else picks it up soon so we can see it.

fashion
    is the greatest gift a girl can have.

You might still get to watch it....

DirecTV Considering Picking Up 'The Kennedys'
    5:37 PM 1/14/2011 by Matthew Belloni
    Comments

Controversial, ambitious miniseries was dropped by the History channel.
    CORRECTED
    DirecTV has emerged as a potential savior for The Kennedys, the controversial miniseries that was dropped by the History channel.
    “We are considering the possibility but no decision has been made,” a DirecTV rep tells THR amid an online report that the network was in talks with Kennedys producers Muse Entertainment and Asylum Entertainment.
    If a deal happens, the satellite service would air the 8-part mini-series on its Channel 101, solidifying its status as something of a TV savior. DirecTV also came to the rescue when NBC’s Friday Night Lights and FX’s Damages were on the brink of cancellation, agreeing to air the acclaimed series when their originating networks passed.*
    Importantly, the company is not part of a major studio conglomerate. And it is not tied to the Walt Disney Co., NBC Universal or Hearst, the three owners of History parent A&E Television Networks whose executives signed off on yanking The Kennedys from the channel in advance of a planned spring airdate.*
    thehollywoodreporter
    Free Charmed.

I hope this gets aired i really want to see it.

Shame that the Kennedy family felt the need to try and surpress it. No point really everyone knows about all the stuff that happened in the Kennedy Whitehouse.

BTW Greg Kennear is a pretty good actor.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    You might still get to watch it....
    Or not.

DirecTV votes down 'The Kennedys' as producers struggle to sell miniseries

January 21, 2011 | 5:10 pm

Finding a safe haven for "The Kennedys" is proving much tougher than many had imagined.
    Word came late Friday that DirecTV was the latest outlet to pass on the four-hour miniseries that examines the rise of President Kennedy (Greg Kinnear) and his controversial family.
    That's bad news for the producers, who had hoped that the satellite TV provider would offer a last-minute rescue for a $30-million project that has already been rejected by Starz, Showtime, FX and other outlets.
    The travails for "The Kennedys" started earlier this month, after word leaked that cable network History had given the thumbs-down to the project over concerns about accuracy. Family members, including Caroline Kennedy and Maria Shriver, are also said to have strongly objected to the program in contacts with corporate bosses overseeing the cable network.
    The producers' next move is unclear. But they insist that "The Kennedys" will still air in Canada no matter its fate in the U.S.

DirecTV votes down 'The Kennedys' as producers struggle to sell miniseries | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I would like to see this, but it will be hard to get past Katie Holmes playing Jackie. She was seriously miscast, and letting the Co$ browbeat them into giving her that role was a huge mistake.

Katie looks foolish with that big hair. Big hair worked on Jackie 'cause she had a big head. Katie looks silly.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Thumbs down Here Is A Promo Of The Crap Film

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGf8pWpZ35k&feature=player_embedded#![/YOUTUBE]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information