Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henry Cavill Cast as the New Superman

Wow, I'm so shocked they're actually going to film another Superman.

Is it a bird, is it a plane? No, it's the first look at Henry Cavill as Superman for new film, Man of Steel

With the distinctive red cape, blue tights and yellow and red capital 'S' badge emblazoned on the chest, it is one of the most iconic costumes in superhero history.
    And now, the first photograph has been released of British actor Henry Cavill as Superman.
    The 28-year-old actor has his hair slicked back and is posing next to what looks like a demolished bank vault in the photograph from studio Warner Brothers.

Man in tights: Henry Cavill sports an updated blue suit, bed boots and cape for the role of Superman in the rebooted new film Man of Steel, which will be released in cinemas in 2013

Casual: Cavill without his superhero outfit at Comic Con last month

The suit looks a lot more toned down than the one worn by Christopher Reeve in the cult 1980s movies, clearly receiving a modern-looking twist with shinier, stretchier looking material.

Cavill has clearly been hitting the gym for the role in the film, entitled Superman: Man of Steel, with his muscular frame showing through the outfit.

He recently revealed to Total Film magazine that he is consuming 5,000 calories a day for his role in the film, which will shoot some scenes in Chicago.

'Youíve got to eat protein first, then a little bit of carbs,' he told the publication. 'Youíve gotta keep your hunger levels going.

'Iím training two and a half hours a day, pushing my body beyond its normal limits, putting on a lot of muscle mass and just making myself look like Superman.'
    And the star, who is best known for starring in TV series The Tudors, enjoyed every minute of the first time he put on the blue and red suit.

Toned down: Cavill's suit appears to be less bright than that worn by Christopher Reeve, and appears to have been given a modern twist

Historical role: Cavill (right) is most famous for playing Henry VIII's confidante Charles Brandon in TV drama series The Tudors

Contrast: Cavill's new Superman suit looks a little more low key than Christopher Reeve's outfit in the 1980 film

'They just put it on,' he said. 'I turned around and looked in the mirror and you canít really play it cool - you sort of guffaw and laugh.

'I thought "OK, holy hell, this is real, itís not a joke anymore. This is it. Youíre doing it, youíre right in the middle of it."
    'Itís extremely cool. Thereís no other feeling like it.'
    Cavill has not revealed any plot details from the new film,which is being directed by Zack Snyder and produced by Batman director Christopher Nolan.

However, the actor said he was being 'as true as I can be to the original character and who the character is.'
    The role was played by Christopher Reeve in the 1980s and taken on by Brandon Routh for 2006 reboot Superman Returns.

Cavill joins fellow British actors, Andrew Garfield and Christian Bale who are also playing iconic superheroes, with Garfield taking on Spider-Man and Bale currently filming his third Batman movie.

'Iím very proud to be British and playing an iconic American superhero,' said Cavill.

'It means Iím doing something right somewhere.'
    Cavill, who will be playing both Superman and his alter ego, geeky newspaper reporter Clark Kent, joins a star studded cast for the new reboot, which is set to be released in 2013.

Glamorous additions: Amy Admas will play Clark Kent and Superman's love interest Lois Lane, while Diane Lane stars as his adoptive mother Martha Kent

Superman's love interest Lois Lane will be played by Amy Adams, while Kevin Costner and Diane Lane have signed on to play Kent's adoptive parents Jonathan and Martha.

It has just been announced that Laurence Fishburne will stars as Daily Planet editor-in-chief Perry White, while Boardwalk Empire star Michael Shannon will play evil Kryptonian General Zod.

Russell Crowe has also been rumoured to have signed on to star as Superman's biological father Jor-El.

Star studded: Laurence Fishburne will star as newspaper chief Perry White, while Kevin Costner plays Clark Ken's adoptive father Jonathan and Michael Shannon plays evil Krytonite General Zod

Superman: Is it a bird, is it a plane? No, it's the first look at Henry Cavill as Superman for the new Man of Steel film | Mail Online

Damn, he looks good in that Superman suit. I may see this now.

Hair not slicked enough, costume looks... fishnetty. Not terrible, but wtf is going on with the cape? Is that velour? why is it 50 feet long?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

the costume looks like sequinned fishnets. fail.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love it!

He is gorj

The new suit looks like it's made from snake skin or fish scales. The cape looks like he took part of his Tudor wardrobe with him.
    All in all, Christopher Reeve just had the perfect look for Superman. I'm not saying this out of some false sentiment because he had such a lousy last decade of his life and died much too young, but because he had that clean, slik, chiseled look with the piercing blue eyes and sharp features.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    The new suit looks like it's made from snake skin or fish scales. The cape looks like he took part of his Tudor wardrobe with him.
    All in all, Christopher Reeve just had the perfect look for Superman. I'm not saying this out of some false sentiment because he had such a lousy last decade of his life and died much too young, but because he had that clean, slik, chiseled look with the piercing blue eyes and sharp features.
    Absolutely. I am sure the first image came to mind when any one hear the name Superman is of Reeve's. Sometimes i feel like he was born to play Superman

I'm suddenly more interested in this movie.....

his hair is dorky
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

He's hot.

i hope those giant muscles are fake because they're making him look short and stumpy.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

He apparently bulked up quite a bit, but some of that is padding

i hope so. way to kill the hot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information